AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried to use one of my free guest pass barcodes along with my barcode for the G this weekend and they are charging $9.90 for the guest pass and $3.15 fee just to rub it in a bit more. I would have thought complimentary guest passes would be free to use. Just checked the email they sent last week with the guest pass barcodes and it says each guest pass can be upgraded at the 'AFL Member Reserve Seat Upgrade Price' which is currently zero. This game will have thousands of empty seats in the AFL Reserve, you would normally just rock up and get a good seat without upgrading, they shouldn't be charging for it.

Out of interest I tried out one of the complimentary guest pass barcodes for the Bulldogs game at Marvel Stadium for this weekend and it came up as no charge, yet they are trying to charge to use them at the G.

TigerR
I've finally had a chance to try and use my AFL membership (Hawks club of support) to get a seat in the public part of the ground with others at the G for Hawks v Demons.

From 1pm today during the Hawks reserved seat member sale period it was accepting my AFL Member barcode and letting me pick a seat but at full price, it also seemed to be allowing me to pick extra seats at full price. Not sure why it was even accepting my barcode at that point of the sale period.

From 5pm during the Hawks general admission member sale period with my AFL Member barcode it is letting me pick a seat at a discounted/free price and extras at full price. There is an 'Upgrade AFL Member' option on the screen where you pick how many of each type of ticket you want, eg 1 Upgrade AFL Member, 1 Concession, 2 Juniors etc. There were even some level 1 seats at the Punt Rd end at the free price and I assume lots on level 4 when level 1 runs out. This is how I thought it should work during public sale period which doesn't start until tomorrow but for some reason they are allowing non member extras now during the club sale period. Anyway, it appears as though the system allows AFL Members to buy with others in the public part of the ground at the upgrade/free price. Not sure if this will work during the public sale period though and whether it was specific to this lower drawing game that they were allowing members to buy extra seats during the member sale period. I have already purchased so won't be able to test it fully during the public sale period.

Last edited:

Just tried to use one of my free guest pass barcodes along with my barcode for the G this weekend and they are charging $9.90 for the guest pass and $3.15 fee just to rub it in a bit more. I would have thought complimentary guest passes would be free to use. Just checked the email they sent last week with the guest pass barcodes and it says each guest pass can be upgraded at the 'AFL Member Reserve Seat Upgrade Price' which is currently zero. This game will have thousands of empty seats in the AFL Reserve, you would normally just rock up and get a good seat without upgrading, they shouldn't be charging for it.
I saw the mention of the $3.15 fee when I bought tickets today and I muttered ‘bullshit’ given that I thought AFL Members had an exemption this year. But when the tickets hit the cart, there was no fee charged.

I saw the mention of the $3.15 fee when I bought tickets today and I muttered ‘bullshit’ given that I thought AFL Members had an exemption this year. But when the tickets hit the cart, there was no fee charged.
Were you buying/redeeming guest passes? When reserving a seat just for just myself there has been no $3.15 charge this year, or this week when I tried, but when I tried entering my complimentary guest pass barcodes along with mine it appeared as though they were adding on the $3.15 as well as $9.90 for the 'complimentary' guest pass.

Were you buying/redeeming guest passes? When reserving a seat just for just myself there has been no $3.15 charge this year, or this week when I tried, but when I tried entering my complimentary guest pass barcodes along with mine it appeared as though they were adding on the $3.15 as well as $9.90 for the 'complimentary' guest pass.
No. Just reserving seats using our memberships. Wasn’t using the guest ticket numbers.

Expecting 100% capacity to matches in VIC announcement soon off the back of changes to Round 6 matches, most notably:
Gold,silver and bronze on sale all at the same time. No club support priority.
Guest passes available to Anzac Eve match (x2)
Surely if we go back to 100% we will be able to reserve more than 6 seats in one booking? Making it difficult for people with large groups/families eg yesterday I had to book in two groups for me, my 2 kids, my brother, sister, parents and cousin. Lucky we were able to sit together due to crowd size but next week we won't be so lucky.

Surely if we go back to 100% we will be able to reserve more than 6 seats in one booking? Making it difficult for people with large groups/families eg yesterday I had to book in two groups for me, my 2 kids, my brother, sister, parents and cousin. Lucky we were able to sit together due to crowd size but next week we won't be so lucky.
Tickets on sale tomorrow , does not mean. 100%annoucement ( if made ) will be before tomorrow ticket release

This will slow purchases tomorrow on line

The AFL advises that after a successful pilot of two matches in Round Five, the ticketing data collection trial will take place at all matches in Victoria from Round Six to further assist the league in getting back to 100% capacity for matches.

To comply with Victoria State Government COVID-19 guidelines for ALL Round 6 matches at the MCG or Marvel Stadium you will be required to also provide the contact details for all AFL Members and Guests in your booking at the time of purchase.

When booking tickets for this weekend’s match:

• Have the contact details ready for all attendees in your group before you book
  • Enter the name and mobile number for each ticket holder
Should members or fans have dependents they are purchasing for (or someone that doesn’t have a mobile number) they will be able to enter their own contact details on their behalf. Example being a family attending and parent enters their mobile number for the child attending with them.

The AFL advises that after a successful pilot of two matches in Round Five, the ticketing data collection trial will take place at all matches in Victoria from Round Six to further assist the league in getting back to 100% capacity for matches.

To comply with Victoria State Government COVID-19 guidelines for ALL Round 6 matches at the MCG or Marvel Stadium you will be required to also provide the contact details for all AFL Members and Guests in your booking at the time of purchase.

• Have the contact details ready for all attendees in your group before you book
Should members or fans have dependents they are purchasing for (or someone that doesn’t have a mobile number) they will be able to enter their own contact details on their behalf. Example being a family attending and parent enters their mobile number for the child attending with them.

Seriously, this should be done next week - I mean, if they're not getting 100% to the Anzac Eve/Day games then what is the point? No other games will come close to capacity over the next few weeks. It's only going to slow done the servers and frustrate supporters trying to get tix - will things timeout on people while they're trying to enter contact details?

Seriously, this should be done next week - I mean, if they're not getting 100% to the Anzac Eve/Day games then what is the point? No other games will come close to capacity over the next few weeks. It's only going to slow done the servers and frustrate supporters trying to get tix - will things timeout on people while they're trying to enter contact details?
Not every ticket purchaser will be astute as bf posters who will have the info ready to cut and paste

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And in other news there's 14,000 Hugh jazz's that go to the football.

What an absolute overkill. The check in app is located all over the ground, they get contact details of the person who booked the tickets now who would be able to then give their other attendees details if required. This state government seriously just come up with rubbish to make themselves relevant

Level 2 exhausted for ANZAC Eve.

Got in at 10:10 after joining queue at 9:45.

Managed to get 5 tickets on level 1 outside, right on the wing.

Will be there with you mate, got 6 tickets level 1 on the wing - had to book another 4 tickets for family which were a bit further over in M23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back