AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get why people wait in queue 15-30mins before tix go on sale.

Over the years I reckon I’ve had a 98% success rate going to the ticketek/Ticketmaster website 2-3mins before the on sale time, click the find tickets option right on GO time and I’m out of there in less than 10mins.

Just need to have barcode numbers ready to go, copy and paste and you’re done.
I agree. I find I have more success joining right in the start time than any time earlier.

Is Anzac eve in the AFL members sold out yet?

I deliberately went Level 4 "back" as I can't stand sitting next to people at the footy.

I thought this was common knowledge already? It didnt click when you went to a game when West Coast/Adelaide are playing there is a pile of people wearing those colours?
You don't think there's West Coast/Adelaide fans living in Melbourne?

Your assumption is incorrect. For example, Adelaide Oval members have reciprocal rights to sit in the AFL Members’ Reserve at the MCG. There are no such rights for AFL Members at the Adelaide Oval. There are various other interstate member groups which can occupy seats in the AFL Members’ Reserve but we’re unable to book seats at their facilities.

I remind the department each year about this inequality when we’re asked to complete their surveys.
This is terrible, AFL membership getting worse in value each year

Your assumption is incorrect. For example, Adelaide Oval members have reciprocal rights to sit in the AFL Members’ Reserve at the MCG. There are no such rights for AFL Members at the Adelaide Oval. There are various other interstate member groups which can occupy seats in the AFL Members’ Reserve but we’re unable to book seats at their facilities.

I remind the department each year about this inequality when we’re asked to complete their surveys.

This would be awfully hard to do at literally an interstate team's home ground. Would you really expect to have access to a ticket into the SCG Members stand which has a capacity of less then 6000 people? Do they gold coast even have a members reserve at metricon? I'd imagine the members reserve at Adelaide Oval and Optus Oval would also be pretty small given a large portion of the crowd would already be members.

I go to every Sydney game in Melbourne. Amongst other games into the AFL members reserve. And I can categorically tell you I legit think this Saturday night will be the first time I would have seen the AFL Members reserve to its capacity (if it can be). So why shouldn't the AFL allow interstate members access into the AFL reserve? They just want to fill the stand.

I go to every Sydney game in Melbourne. Amongst other games into the AFL members reserve. And I can categorically tell you I legit think this Saturday night will be the first time I would have seen the AFL Members reserve to its capacity (if it can be). So why shouldn't the AFL allow interstate members access into the AFL reserve? They just want to fill the stand.
It's a fair point, but AFL Members are now getting locked out of level 2. It is bad enough they have allowed Mediallion Club and dining to take almost all seats, Platinum (long time) members also get priority but now we learn premium club members (not AFL members) get what is left. By all means, let you in, but don't give our premium seats to non AFL members.
The MCC do a much better job with balcony (levels 2 and 2A). Access for all with less access for provisional members. All members limited on the number of times they can book balcony seating each season. I have never bothered with AFL dining so I don't know if it fills up super fast, but MCC also have a ballot system for dining which also makes things fairer.
I just want the chance to get some level 2 seating a few times a year and I don't think that is unreasonable.

It's a fair point, but AFL Members are now getting locked out of level 2. It is bad enough they have allowed Mediallion Club and dining to take almost all seats, Platinum (long time) members also get priority but now we learn premium club members (not AFL members) get what is left. By all means, let you in, but don't give our premium seats to non AFL members.
The MCC do a much better job with balcony (levels 2 and 2A). Access for all with less access for provisional members. All members limited on the number of times they can book balcony seating each season. I have never bothered with AFL dining so I don't know if it fills up super fast, but MCC also have a ballot system for dining which also makes things fairer.
I just want the chance to get some level 2 seating a few times a year and I don't think that is unreasonable.
Thats fair. I definitely can't access dining. Think I've only ever gotten level 2 once at the g out of times, but quite a few times at marvel.

seems the cats out of the bag and afl members should get a reduced price as they are sharing the facilities with others unbeknownst to them
After the debacle of the 2017 Finals ticketing I complained to the AFL Membership department particularly about non members accessing the reserve on Grand Final day. The response was it is the "AFL Reserve" not "AFL Members Reserve" so they can do what they like with the seating. Can't remember when the classification was changed.

After the debacle of the 2017 Finals ticketing I complained to the AFL Membership department particularly about non members accessing the reserve on Grand Final day. The response was it is the "AFL Reserve" not "AFL Members Reserve" so they can do what they like with the seating. Can't remember when the classification was changed.
That's a joke. The signage at the MCG used to say "AFL Members Reserve" and they discreetly changed it. They also stop publishing member numbers with club of support a few years ago. No doubt the number of Gold members is declining so they can have more seats for others but they cover it up. Certainly the lack of movement in waitlist numberswould support this.
AFL Gold membership will end up taking as long as the MCC full membership, with a vastly inferior product.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep thats the way I read it. Its the AFL reserve not just for AFL members.

This seating plan for the 2020 MCG GF that didn't happen actually lists the AFL Members' Reserve on it.

https://www.travelandsports.com.au/packages/afl-grand-final/ultimate-series-travel-package/

That aside, I find it hilarious that you're prepared to spend upwards of $6k for flights, hotel, attendance, dining etc.; but you want to save $450 by staying at a 3* hotel rather than a 5* hotel. It's like buying a Ferrari but you only want to use retreads instead of premium tyres.

I'm guessing that the folks that buy these packages are the tossers in caps that get to walk on the field prior to the start of the GF.

But otherwise, both F*cketek and F*cketmaster both list the AFL Reserve only and not the AFL Members' Reserve when you try and buy footy tickets.

This seating plan for the 2020 MCG GF that didn't happen actually lists the AFL Members' Reserve on it.

https://www.travelandsports.com.au/packages/afl-grand-final/ultimate-series-travel-package/

That aside, I find it hilarious that you're prepared to spend upwards of $6k for flights, hotel, attendance, dining etc.; but you want to save $450 by staying at a 3* hotel rather than a 5* hotel. It's like buying a Ferrari but you only want to use retreads instead of premium tyres.

I'm guessing that the folks that buy these packages are the tossers in caps that get to walk on the field prior to the start of the GF.

But otherwise, both F*cketek and F*cketmaster both list the AFL Reserve only and not the AFL Members' Reserve when you try and buy footy tickets.
Aimed at the oil gas and mining companies based in Perth and have plenty to spend to keep their clients onside

That's a joke. The signage at the MCG used to say "AFL Members Reserve" and they discreetly changed it. They also stop publishing member numbers with club of support a few years ago. No doubt the number of Gold members is declining so they can have more seats for others but they cover it up. Certainly the lack of movement in waitlist numberswould support this.
AFL Gold membership will end up taking as long as the MCC full membership, with a vastly inferior product.

Yep, the waitlist has slowed to a crawl over the last 10 years and there's no way it's due solely to lack of turnover. They tried a BS argument a couple of years ago of Essendon supporters coming back on who paused their memberships during the doping suspensions year but that doesn't wash when it is happening every year now.

Yep, the waitlist has slowed to a crawl over the last 10 years and there's no way it's due solely to lack of turnover. They tried a BS argument a couple of years ago of Essendon supporters coming back on who paused their memberships during the doping suspensions year but that doesn't wash when it is happening every year now.

I reckon the AFL gold membership is 45-50 years now. Wait list might be 30,000 long and you are lucky to move 1-2000 a year, slowing down significantly towards the front of the queue.

Not sure what the projections for MCC members is these days. I think they are taking in people who went on the waiting list in 1993/1994 but who knows for people signing up today.

Has anybody managed to get their hands on a copy of the AFL Season Guide which was in one of their freebie offer packages at either the MCG/Marvel?

Yes, picked it up at the MCG on Easter Monday with no issues.

I reckon the AFL gold membership is 45-50 years now. Wait list might be 30,000 long and you are lucky to move 1-2000 a year, slowing down significantly towards the front of the queue.

Not sure what the projections for MCC members is these days. I think they are taking in people who went on the waiting list in 1993/1994 but who knows for people signing up today.

I signed my sons up in 2013 & 2015 and I reckon they've got at least a 20 year wait since joining to become full members. With the reduction in seats in the AFL Members for the GF I don't know how much value there will be in holding the membership moving forward. I've also signed them up for the MCC waitlist, hopefully they'll get a full membership before they're retired haha

agree, moving up the list is so slow now. I thought that auto-renew was solely to blame, but as pointed out earlier, it could be due to Gold allocation reduction. *ing grubs for hiding this information from us.

Is Anzac eve in the AFL members sold out yet?

I deliberately went Level 4 "back" as I can't stand sitting next to people at the footy.
Round 2 Collingwood/Carlton we had Q section Row BB and our entire row was full. The lower rows had plenty of empty seats in each row but they had obviously decided if your gonna sell a full row it may as well be the 3rd last from the back.

Anyone know when Ticketek is planning on increasing ticket purchase limits from 6 per transaction back to 10? Or is it a state government restriction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back