AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally I'm okay with no sharing rules but this year I've got pretty close to no value from my afl membership and they are in no hurry to explain what I've actually paid for.

Normally I'm okay with no sharing rules but this year I've got pretty close to no value from my afl membership and they are in no hurry to explain what I've actually paid for.

Their emails say come October 4th they'll communicate options to members who have been impacted.

Their emails say come October 4th they'll communicate options to members who have been impacted.
I tell you what , if we happen to win , all victorian based Melbourne gold members From this year should be given a an opportunity to have a photo with the cup as we were unable to watch the game in person . Quite happy to wear disposable gloves to hold the cup at covid safe event at time when we are out lockdown

I tell you what , if we happen to win , all victorian based Melbourne gold members From this year should be given a an opportunity to have a photo with the cup as we were unable to watch the game in person . Quite happy to wear disposable gloves to hold the cup at covid safe event at time when we are out lockdown
For the amount of money some Dees fans have forked out for no success they should be allowed to piss in the cup

Most clubs seem to run members days where you can hold the cup. I have a photo with the 3 peat cups (pre COVID of course)

But that isn't anything to do with AFL membership though. At best there will be a reduction in next year's membership or a merchandise voucher.

Most clubs seem to run members days where you can hold the cup. I have a photo with the 3 peat cups (pre COVID of course)

But that isn't anything to do with AFL membership though. At best there will be a reduction in next year's membership or a merchandise voucher.
The Afl have made many deals with organizations in the last 18 th months which may not have always been financially benefically to the Afl . A deal with Melbourne ( or there opponent) to borrow the cup and Max for 4 hours is not going to be a major imposition . Im not going to one of those events with 20000 people . We are gold club support so money goes to the club . Most of Melbourne club support would be gold members for long time and shelled out thousands to the afl. The original membership of AFl were vfl park members which originally going to host the grand final once mcg contract had expired. . Only Richmond and melbourne members really got benefit as we played 11 home games .at the G in 92. And when the weather was good sat out in sun . The old and current mcc is still in the shade. . Free footy records and upgrade seating etc does cut the mustard .
* plantinum must not be far away.

The Eagles have theirs on display in the lobby of HQ, you can get a photo with them anytime. I'm pretty sure the Dees will give you plenty of chances to get a photo with yours.

Yeah have seen that. I get it isn't urgent and time really won't change what they offer, but it is a bit annoying they're still taking direct debits.

Like I get it, but I don't like it.

The cynical part of me thinks once they've taken the money its harder to get it back - especially considering they'll start billing us for next year in November!

Words cannot described how upset I am that I can't use my gold MFC AFL membership even though I would've been front of the line.

This might be the only GF and flag the MFC pull off in our life time and most of us will miss out because we live in the worst state in the world that has no idea how to protect their citizens from COVID like McGowan has.

Words cannot described how upset I am that I can't use my gold MFC AFL membership even though I would've been front of the line.

This might be the only GF and flag the MFC pull off in our life time and most of us will miss out because we live in the worst state in the world that has no idea how to protect their citizens from COVID like McGowan has.

I agree it sucks but blaming it on the Vic government is a bit ridiculous. Look north of the Murray if you're really looking at who to blame.

I agree it sucks but blaming it on the Vic government is a bit ridiculous. Look north of the Murray if you're really looking at who to blame.

If Dan Andrews & Brett Sutton were as ruthless on the border as Mark McGowan, then they may have kept the virus north of the Murray.

Bizarrely they only seem to be willing to make the tough calls when it hurts Melbourne. Surely it's easier to disadvantage significantly less people who live on the border?

Last edited:
If Dan Andrews & Brett Sutton were as ruthless on the border as Mark McGowan, then they may have kept the virus north of the Murray.

Bizarrely they only seem to be willing to make the tough calls when it hurts Melbourne. Surely it's easier to disadvantage significantly less people who live on the border?
It's strange they have pandered to a small minority yet the majority suffer for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I don’t think the situation in Victoria would be that different if McGowan was in charge. Perth and Adelaide are the two most isolated cities (with a population of 1M) in the world. Not many places like that tend to have huge trouble with pandemics.

Yeah I don’t think the situation in Victoria would be that different if McGowan was in charge. Perth and Adelaide are the two most isolated cities (with a population of 1M) in the world. Not many places like that tend to have huge trouble with pandemics.
Spot on, McGowan is a fraud whose success is due to the location, density and demographic of his state. Nothing more

Spot on, McGowan is a fraud whose success is due to the location, density and demographic of his state. Nothing more
I find it hilarious that people think grandstanding or ‘toughness’ has anything to do with it. Not very difficult to shut your borders and keep people out when the only realistic way to get to your city is to fly, and it’s very easy to control and detect who comes in.

It’s the same reason broadly that places like Australia and NZ have done very well. 95% of it is geography.

from herald sun posted only part of article , there is some rule in bf about posting whole articles

You could almost think this thread was the inspiration of the article

Angry Victorian-based AFL members are waiting to find out what compensation they will receive after discovering their grand final ticket privileges will go to waste.
AFL members had been hoping they could buy tickets to this year’s historic Perth decider between Melbourne and Western Bulldogs and offer them to friends or family members in Western Australian.
But the AFL has ruled the tickets are non-transferable — unlike club memberships.

Demons fan Kent Heib, who paid extra for an AFL gold membership to ensure he would be able to attend the grand final if Melbourne made it, was among the members upset at the AFL’s decision.
I’ve paid hundreds of dollars every year for 17 years for this exact moment, so it’s pretty shattering,” he said.

“I wanted to help someone else be there if I couldn’t go, but the AFL won’t allow it.”

Many AFL members had logged onto the Ticketmaster website on Sunday to try to buy tickets to the September 25 decider at Perth Stadium but were left bitterly disappointed when they.

Supporters who relocated to Western Australia but still had a Victorian or NSW address linked to their AFL membership had to frantically update their details.

Wouldn’t it have been nice to at least try the hardline WA/SA border approach and know for sure if it worked or not though? Now we’ll just die wondering with that one.

I must say it is quite frustrating radical measures like the ring of steel were enforced on Melbourne to protect rural Victoria and the rest of Australia last year, but neither Gladys with Sydney or Dan with the NSW border were kind enough to return the favour and protect us...

Last edited:
Wouldn’t it have been nice to at least try the hardline WA/SA border approach and know for sure if it worked or not though? Now we’ll just die wondering with that one.

I must say it is quite frustrating radical measures like the ring the steel were enforced on Melbourne to protect rural Victoria and the rest of Australia last year, but neither Gladys with Sydney or Dan with the NSW border were kind enough to return the favour and protect us...

You can thank the *******s at the protest a few weeks back and the other people not abiding by the stay at home directions for the situation we're in. I get it it sucks and people are over it but its only prolonging things for everyone else.

This is obviously not the thread for it so I won't respond to any more posts about covid/politics in here. I expect the AFL to offer decent compensation packages in line with what we got last year (we should be offered the absentee rate and refunded the majority of our fees considering we've been locked out of games for over half the season and had no access to finals which is the real selling point of the membership.)

I find it hilarious that people think grandstanding or ‘toughness’ has anything to do with it. Not very difficult to shut your borders and keep people out when the only realistic way to get to your city is to fly, and it’s very easy to control and detect who comes in.

It’s the same reason broadly that places like Australia and NZ have done very well. 95% of it is geography.
WA is an island inside an island. Perth is one of the most (if not the most) remote cities in the world.

Honestly, with the restrictions in place I'd be disappointed if they didn't avoid lockdowns like they have.

Did anyone else play that stupid spin to win gimmick game went by AFL membership this afternoon? It was almost an insult. No need to tell you how I went 😂 🍩 I assume everyone else will fare similarly…

Did anyone else play that stupid spin to win gimmick game went by AFL membership this afternoon? It was almost an insult. No need to tell you how I went 😂 🍩 I assume everyone else will fare similarly…

I got two Medallion Club tickets for 2022. Not bad.

You can thank the *******s at the protest a few weeks back and the other people not abiding by the stay at home directions for the situation we're in. I get it it sucks and people are over it but its only prolonging things for everyone else.

This is obviously not the thread for it so I won't respond to any more posts about covid/politics in here. I expect the AFL to offer decent compensation packages in line with what we got last year (we should be offered the absentee rate and refunded the majority of our fees considering we've been locked out of games for over half the season and had no access to finals which is the real selling point of the membership.)

honestly, I think it was inevitable what has happened in NSW & Vic. I mean, were we really going to be closed off to the rest of the world forever? Hotel quarantine for every visitor to these shores? That wasn’t a sustainable strategy. Covid zero was a fantasy and only bought us time from the inevitable IMO. I’m as annoyed at the pollies as anyone, regardless of the party they’re aligned to but NSW & Vic as the most populous states were always going to tread this path first, NSW in particular given how many returned travellers they were handling.

Hopefully we can have some normality return next year and we can all have our lives back. I feel most for the kids and small business. They need some good fortune soon.Really feel for the Melbourne & Bulldogs fans missing out on watching your team in the GF. There’s no compensation that’s adequate for missing that IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back