AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collingwood FC

Debutant
Jun 13, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's the standard send at 5pm on a Friday so you don't have to deal with it till next week play/give them time to calm down or think about it. I wouldn't even call it smart, pretty common these days.

Amen Corner

Debutant
Feb 4, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
Is anyone else surprised the AFL haven’t been out there pushing vaccine uptake? They’ve got form when it comes to social issues in the past yet there’s crickets when it comes to vaccine which potentially unlocks their ability to have large crowds at all venues again. Just seems strange to me they haven’t taken a position and reinforced it. Very un-AFL like. In regards to the email, is anyone really surprised? I’m not. Also don’t think it matters a great deal until the time gets nearer when they draw that first payment instalment. It’ll obviously need to be sorted by then.

Stazza71

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seriously I ain't expecting much. $50 off next year's fees maybe.. a few guest passes you have to pay a booking fee on and no guarantee to use.. they know most fans will just keep paying up so it will be token at best

banzai

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 14, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Seriously I ain't expecting much. $50 off next year's fees maybe.. a few guest passes you have to pay a booking fee on and no guarantee to use.. they know most fans will just keep paying up so it will be token at best

We got $250 or so off last year. Surely minimum of a $100 discount again.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham

We weren't able to go to half the season and werent able to go to finals/GF. Full members pay $625 a year which includes an extra $150 on top of the silver membership for the sole benefit of having access to GF tickets. They should be refunding or crediting anything above the $170 payment for the absentee membership because we did not get to use our memberships this year other than for a handful of home and away games.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Is anyone else surprised the AFL haven’t been out there pushing vaccine uptake? They’ve got form when it comes to social issues in the past yet there’s crickets when it comes to vaccine which potentially unlocks their ability to have large crowds at all venues again. Just seems strange to me they haven’t taken a position and reinforced it. Very un-AFL like. In regards to the email, is anyone really surprised? I’m not. Also don’t think it matters a great deal until the time gets nearer when they draw that first payment instalment. It’ll obviously need to be sorted by then.

They've already taken the money. Full membership fees have been paid for 2021 and they could not provide the service the membership entitles you too. They should have sorted this out at least a month ago, but they said they would notify members this week after the season concluded and so they would know the "full impact" of the lockdowns on members. The week has come and gone and they haven't communicated anything. Absolutely piss poor.

Sep 25, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Why are people so intense about it? It will come when it comes.

Just symptomatic of their lack of respect for the fact we've got basically zero value for two years.

They said the week after the season it would be sorted, despite the impacts on members known weeks ago. Then they week comes and goes without a word while payments for the year continue to be taken.

Amen Corner

Debutant
Feb 4, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
They've already taken the money. Full membership fees have been paid for 2021 and they could not provide the service the membership entitles you too. They should have sorted this out at least a month ago, but they said they would notify members this week after the season concluded and so they would know the "full impact" of the lockdowns on members. The week has come and gone and they haven't communicated anything. Absolutely piss poor.
Yes, I agree. I think I’ve either been unclear communicating my point or you’ve misunderstood. My point about the payment was for 2022. They’ll start taking those payments again shortly and there’s still no communication re the compensation for not being able to access the benefits of membership this year. I’m with you in this one, I’m done with donating to this organisation.

rfc4eva

Team Captain
May 29, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Just called them and they said the executive committee is ticking it off atm and should be this week.

I did mention that they said last week and she said it's due to them having a week off.
I reminded her that they said last week and she just used the same excuse.i then mentioned they already factored that in with their last email and she just kept saying it's due to having a week off.
So I gave up,not wanting to go around in circles.

Amen Corner

Debutant
Feb 4, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
Wish I’d kept the email but I’m certain they said the compensation email would be sent in the week commencing October 4th AFTER they’d returned from their week off which if I’m not mistaken, was the week immediately following the Grand Final. One suspects the announcement will be grossly underwhelming.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Wish I’d kept the email but I’m certain they said the compensation email would be sent in the week commencing October 4th AFTER they’d returned from their week off which if I’m not mistaken, was the week immediately following the Grand Final. One suspects the announcement will be grossly underwhelming.

It was in pretty much every email they sent through September. At the bottom of each email was a little blurb saying they would be communicating details to members the week commencing 4th October once the full impact of covid restrictions was known.

Had months to work it out, lets be honest.

Exactly - surely they would have already had several contingencies outlined in the event this, this or that happens? And then after preparing for each eventuality they enact the appropriate one. What a circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back