AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Marvel is doing it
Last time I seen anyone drinking cans at the footy was about 2008 when a old guy in front of us had snuck his own cans in. We had a good laugh as my pop would do this back in the Vic Park days by wrapping them in newspaper with a newspaper on top. Pretty sure they were banned after Scotty Cummings had a few thrown at him one day at Vic Park. I remember the final game there with beer only served in plastic cups.

MCG and Marvel are the last venues to go back to giving out cans in the state (Victoria). Their liquor license has allowed for it, but they've chosen against it (not sure if that's venue or vendor's choice). If the cans are cracked, they're no more dangerous than a plastic cup (which is the main concern). No need to ban them.

The MOPT precinct has allowed cans since the 2021 Aus Open. Basketball, Tennis, Netball, Concerts all give out cans now.

So after 20+ years sitting in AFL members I just realised I can walk right around the Great Southern Stand and enter the Olympic stand no problem. Just need to show my AFL members to get back in. But this is great as I can sit in the Melbourne supporters GA area. Just took a chance and went for a stroll on Friday night. Strolled right through and in. So yeah basically your ticket grants you access everywhere except MCC.

Does AFL Membership have anyone it its contact centre anymore?

I called at 9am on the dot today, have a question which needs addressing before rounds 6-9 on sale tomorrow. Ended up waiting on hold for 45 minutes and had to hang up as I had a work meeting to get to.

I emailed them with my question on Wednesday last week and still don't have a reply.

Just insanely bad customer service.

So after 20+ years sitting in AFL members I just realised I can walk right around the Great Southern Stand and enter the Olympic stand no problem. Just need to show my AFL members to get back in. But this is great as I can sit in the Melbourne supporters GA area. Just took a chance and went for a stroll on Friday night. Strolled right through and in. So yeah basically your ticket grants you access everywhere except MCC.
If its a home game for your club I think you can go in any gate

The AFL has decided to save the planet by removing evil plastic membership cards and make your life easier by going through a simple 73 step process to obtain your barcode.

As far as I remember, you need to log into your AFL Membership account run by Ticketmaster. You can find your barcode number there.

Then you have download the AFL app on your phone and log into your AFL Membership account when prompted. You can see matches in the fixture and the bar code if you select the match you want to go to. With iOS - not sure about Android - you can add the QR code to your wallet for scanning in at the ground.

Would much prefer a physical card, myself.
Save the environment or save the AFL money on making cards?

Have always been able to do this. For games where mates cbf buying seats in the members section, I just scan in and walk around to gate 4/5 and sit with them.

Is it correct that we can't select specific seats at Marvel through Ticketmaster for AFL reserve? It looks like you can if you want general admission seating (i.e. look at the seat map and click on an actual seat), but for AFL reserve it looks like you just get what you're given within a certain area. I like to be able to select an aisle seat, but seems like I just have to keep trying and hoping I get one by random! I think MCG/ ticketek have introduced seat selection this year which is great.

Is it correct that we can't select specific seats at Marvel through Ticketmaster for AFL reserve? It looks like you can if you want general admission seating (i.e. look at the seat map and click on an actual seat), but for AFL reserve it looks like you just get what you're given within a certain area. I like to be able to select an aisle seat, but seems like I just have to keep trying and hoping I get one by random! I think MCG/ ticketek have introduced seat selection this year which is great.

MCG looks like it's only for certain games depending on how many bays have been allocated for reserved seats. For example if I click on the Melb/GWS game I can only reserve seats in M16 or M19-1 undercover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MCG looks like it's only for certain games depending on how many bays have been allocated for reserved seats. For example if I click on the Melb/GWS game I can only reserve seats in M16 or M19-1 undercover.
Ah yes, that's right - when I looked for Crows vs Collingwood a couple of weeks ago it was only certain rows of specific bays available to select. I still appreciated being able to click on the aisle seat though.

Ahh, it always feels good to have secured my ANZAC Day seats. Even including any Grand Finals it's basically the only Collingwood game each year I have a chance of missing out on.

I have a guest pass code that I want to use to secure a AFL members general admission ticket for the Saints v Dees game. I am already an AFL member and was hoping to bring a friend to the game so we both sit in the allocated AFL general admission areas. I can't see any option in Ticketek to use this code for GA? I can only see reserved seating options which attracts a $9.90 fee - what gives? Any ideas?

I called at 9am on the dot today, have a question which needs addressing before rounds 6-9 on sale tomorrow. Ended up waiting on hold for 45 minutes and had to hang up as I had a work meeting to get to.

I emailed them with my question on Wednesday last week and still don't have a reply.

Had a similar experience where I gave up after 35 minutes. They took 2 weeks to respond to my email.

Correct. For some reason the members pages for Ticketmaster don't let you. Yet if you by them on the public site you can pick which seat.
Ah yes, that's right - when I looked for Crows vs Collingwood a couple of weeks ago it was only certain rows of specific bays available to select. I still appreciated being able to click on the aisle seat though.
They only release so many bays at a time depending on demand.

Anyone done the AFL dining this season? I got a dining package for me and my partner, but it looks like both tickets are under my account in the AFL app. Also doesn’t seem to be a section like “N21” or whatever, on “DIN”

Anyone else done a dining thing to make sure this is expected?

It's become horrendous. If you call any other time of day you don't even get put on hold, they just tell you its too busy and call another time.

2-3 weeks for an email response as well.

I'm thinking about switching over to silver next year.

Question re: grand final as right now It's guarantee with my Sydney membership. Do they give priority to AFL members who have club support for a competing team? As in, would I have an issue being a Sydney fan/member through AFL Members? The rest of the benefits swing the way of AFL membership but grand final is my one query. Just be good to know if and when in the future.

I'm thinking about switching over to silver next year.

Question re: grand final as right now It's guarantee with my Sydney membership. Do they give priority to AFL members who have club support for a competing team? As in, would I have an issue being a Sydney fan/member through AFL Members? The rest of the benefits swing the way of AFL membership but grand final is my one query. Just be good to know if and when in the future.

While AFL membership do give priority to those with club support for competing teams, it's only a guarantee for those with gold membership. These days as a silver member you would likely not get a grand final ticket even with club support. The order of release of tickets for the grand final goes Gold competing members > Gold non-competing members > Silver competing members > Silver non-competing members.

Going back a few years Silver competing members would usually get access to the grand final, and sometimes even silver non-competing, but lately the ticket allocation has been exhausted quite early during the gold non-competing ticket release. The only exception might be something like a Swans vs GWS grand final which may have reduced interest in Melbourne. Realistically you would probably only get grand final access once you get to gold which is looking like being a 20 year wait or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back