AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wowee, I got upgraded to Gold.

Thought I was going to be waiting another 2 years minimum but obviously they have pushed through 1900+ this year.
Suspect some people were sick of last few years and let their membership lapse. More than normal.
Lot of people got sick of the Co-Vid scan in stuff and digital ticketing in last year and a bit.

Also have been offered gold, perfectly timed with peak level of apathy towards football.

I can fully relate to this sentiment.

Given where I was on the wait list and reading this thread, I'll be surprised if I have a wait list number with more than 2 digits next year.

Having said that, being a supporter of an interstate club that has seen their team steadily reduce the number of Melbourne games they get allotted year on year, if not for at least having the opportunity to reject the Gold offer when it comes around I may have mailed it in already.

Wowee, I got upgraded to Gold.

Thought I was going to be waiting another 2 years minimum but obviously they have pushed through 1900+ this year.
Congrats.

1900+ maybe but not 2000+. My kids are (were) in the 1980's so may have only just missed out.

EDIT: Just called up to check and they've both made the cut. Didn't receive any emails so I just accepted over the phone.

Last edited:
How much of AFL membership is dominated by Carlton, Collingwood , Richmond and Essendon fans?
Just reading random posts of upgraded and most are members of those clubs.
Hardly a surprise. AFL Members Dept no longer produce lists which slice and dice membership by Club base - for reasons known only to themselves.

Given the recent Gold offerees joined in 2009/2010, I wouldn’t be surprised if a fair proportion were Geelong, St. Kilda and particularly Collingwood supporters as they were the dominant teams of that era. The other ’big 4’ clubs were middling or poo in those years.

Collingwood already have the healthiest slice of Gold Members of any one Club, so it makes it more rare to get a GF ticket if you’re not competing Club member when Collingwood plays. If you’re another ’big 4‘ Club supporter in a Collingwood GF, you could miss out. The rest of us would have no chance.

1850 waitlist number and got the upgrade this year. 12 years I think. Looking forward to attending a few grand finals now! I know a Gold member who has Brisbane club support and he hasn't missed out on a ticket ever

1850 waitlist number and got the upgrade this year. 12 years I think. Looking forward to attending a few grand finals now! I know a Gold member who has Brisbane club support and he hasn't missed out on a ticket ever
Unless you in gf or the gf has an interstate club , its quick and the dead getting gf tickets when released to non competing clubs

Hardly a surprise. AFL Members Dept no longer produce lists which slice and dice membership by Club base - for reasons known only to themselves.
I would say, they don't want us to see that there are less (I am guessing) Gold Members than there used to be due to giving our seats to others.
I had the last list they published but can't find it. They even emailed me a list upon request the following year. From memory Collingwood were around 14% of menders. GWS was a single digit.

Just had the call to upgrade from the AFL. So interesting - this is a mid year intake, so i paid $108.50 which was the difference between gold and silver (he applied the same discount this year to what an existing gold member would have paid.

Didn’t let in much about why it’s a mid year intake, just said things had changed a lot this year so I suspect not as many people renewed.

But I’m Gold as of today how good!

Just had the call to upgrade from the AFL. So interesting - this is a mid year intake, so i paid $108.50 which was the difference between gold and silver (he applied the same discount this year to what an existing gold member would have paid.

Didn’t let in much about why it’s a mid year intake, just said things had changed a lot this year so I suspect not as many people renewed.

But I’m Gold as of today how good!
They always do midyear intakes, waiting to see who actually drops off. Give the current members a chance to renew until midyear.

Do you know what your waitlist number was at the start of the year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would say, they don't want us to see that there are less (I am guessing) Gold Members than there used to be due to giving our seats to others.
I had the last list they published but can't find it. They even emailed me a list upon request the following year. From memory Collingwood were around 14% of menders. GWS was a single digit.

This is the list from about 10 years ago.

aflmembers.jpg

They always do midyear intakes, waiting to see who actually drops off. Give the current members a chance to renew until midyear.

Do you know what your waitlist number was at the start of the year?
I didn’t realise they did mid year intakes. Customer service rep indicated that they were very rare. I was 1,697

I didn’t realise they did mid year intakes. Customer service rep indicated that they were very rare. I was 1,697
I was upgraded mid year in 1998, so not very rare. They used to do it annually.

It may have become rare in recent seasons possibly due to administrative burdens so just the EOY upgrades have been offered.

My upgrade came in 2015 or 2016 mid year, Queens Birthday weekend IIRC. Interesting that so many have got an upgrade this year, I can’t remember a time where more than 1,500 we’re getting a mid year upgrade. Maybe the AFL has finally pi$$ed enough people off? They sure seem concerned with the attendance drop offs this year, maybe there’s an AFL membership drop off too after two Covid wrecked years? I’ll have to touch base with my mate who was in the 800’s on the waitlist this year although I would’ve expected he’d have contacted me if he got the upgrade he’s been waiting 12-13 years for…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back