AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I responded to the email and did the whole acceptance thing online but haven't actually received a call from AFL yet. Anyone else the same?
Accepted mine the same day I got the email. Got a call 3 days later so I upgraded for the remainder of this year

So what was your waiting number before that? Anyone in the 2000s get upgraded?
Mid 1,600s. The highest I’ve seen reading this thread to get upgraded was low 1,900s. That’s not to say it there weren’t any above that, I’m just going off the comments in this thread

Mid 1,600s. The highest I’ve seen reading this thread to get upgraded was low 1,900s. That’s not to say it there weren’t any above that, I’m just going off the comments in this thread
My kids were in the low 1980’s and were upgraded. I’ve seen no post with a number above this in this thread so it must have been very close to the cut off.

My kids were in the low 1980’s and were upgraded. I’ve seen no post with a number above this in this thread so it must have been very close to the cut off.

For those following, I called up on Monday I’m roughly 2300 on the list. Got told they upgraded around 1500 (seems reading here it was abit more) and I should be good to go this time next year. When I’ve called in the past they’ve been pretty hesitant to put a time against it. Hope it’s helpful

For those following, I called up on Monday I’m roughly 2300 on the list. Got told they upgraded around 1500 (seems reading here it was abit more) and I should be good to go this time next year. When I’ve called in the past they’ve been pretty hesitant to put a time against it. Hope it’s helpful
I assume you were 2300 after last year and that that is not a new number. I wrote for an update "given the recent upgrades" but they gave me the same number as at the end of last year.
I am hoping for at least another 1000 at the of the year on top of the roughly 2000 just upgraded.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume you were 2300 after last year and that that is not a new number. I wrote for an update "given the recent upgrades" but they gave me the same number as at the end of last year.
I am hoping for at least another 1000 at the of the year on top of the roughly 2000 just upgraded.
The upgrades happen mid year. There won't be another 1000 upgraded until June 2023.

Excuse my ignorance here,
How much was the Gold membership this year? and what does it give you surplus to your Silver membership?
And you still have to pay for finals tickets?
This year there was a 30% discount due to covid. Pre covid a Gold membership is $610 (goes up each year).

Gold and silver bother get you access to week 1 and 2 of finals with a booking fee.

Gold gets the same for Prelims, silver pays ~$200

Gold gets early access to GF tix at half price (~$200) Silver gets access it any left at full price (~$400)

This year there was a 30% discount due to covid. Pre covid a Gold membership is $610 (goes up each year).

Gold and silver bother get you access to week 1 and 2 of finals with a booking fee.

Gold gets the same for Prelims, silver pays ~$200

Gold gets early access to GF tix at half price (~$200) Silver gets access it any left at full price (~$400)

Cheers I have been a MCC member for a few years now mainly through Covid, was just wondering how it compared. That includes cricket yeah?

Last edited:
Cheers I have been a MCC member for a few years now mainly through Coivd, was just wondering how it compared. That includes cricket yeah?
No idea I don't go to the cricket.

MCC is better, you don't have to pay for GF tickets and have better facilities etc

No idea I don't go to the cricket.

MCC is better, you don't have to pay for GF tickets and have better facilities etc
On the other hand MCC has a 16 year waitlist for basic access, 24 year wait for finals access and 30 year wait for Grand final day access.

Cricket has $9 tickets for silver and gold members for the first 3 levels.

On the other hand MCC has a 16 year waitlist for basic access, 24 year wait for finals access and 30 year wait for Grand final day access.

Cricket has $9 tickets for silver and gold members for the first 3 levels.
True - you can get basic access straight away but access to be able to get GF tickets is probably around a 20 year wait these days for AFL members.

To compare apples to apples, the wait time for Gold is 12 years compared to 30.
The wait to gold is not 12 years. I signed up my son when he was 6 months he's now almost 10 and he's still around 8000. I reckon he'll be lucky to get it before he's 18.

Cheers I have been a MCC member for a few years now mainly through Covid, was just wondering how it compared. That includes cricket yeah?
Cricket internationals are half price from memory.
I've not used it much in recent decades except for a few Boxing Day Tests.
I barely been to a one day international since early 2000's. Once they started rotating players in and out of best 11 for odi's I stopped going.
Never been to a T20 match but I assume t20's internationals would be half price too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back