AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerR

Senior List
Nov 28, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Have seen a few times here ~1900 people were upgraded this year. Mate of mine got a letter in the mail today and he only moved from 5500s to 4400s? Any insight on that?

Has anyone else got anything similar?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
4 possible scenarios I can think of (or a combination of them).
1. A number of people offered the upgrade chose not to, so they went to a second and maybe subsequent rounds, until a quota of 1100 odd was upgraded. Meaning at least 800 chose not to.
2. At least 800 in the top 1900 on the waitlist were bronze and therefire were not offered an upgrade.
3. Your mate is mistaken.
4. The AFL is dodgy.

1 and 2 seem extremely unlikely. I hope it is option 3. Most likely it is option 4.

I will post my change when I get my renewal as I am in the 6000s.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
I’m curious whether they upgrade everyone in order or do they say not upgrade certain club fans over others so you don’t end up with 15,000 gold Collingwood members?
You would hope not but it seems plausible now that they refuse to release stats of breakdown of club support and they only give us about 13k tickets to the GF out of the 23k seat reserve.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
4 possible scenarios I can think of (or a combination of them).
1. A number of people offered the upgrade chose not to, so they went to a second and maybe subsequent rounds, until a quota of 1100 odd was upgraded. Meaning at least 800 chose not to.
2. At least 800 in the top 1900 on the waitlist were bronze and therefire were not offered an upgrade.
3. Your mate is mistaken.
4. The AFL is dodgy.

1 and 2 seem extremely unlikely. I hope it is option 3. Most likely it is option 4.

I will post my change when I get my renewal as I am in the 6000s.

I don't think 2 is correct, bronze members don't go on the waitlist do they?

cfcsince1992

Rookie
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Have seen a few times here ~1900 people were upgraded this year. Mate of mine got a letter in the mail today and he only moved from 5500s to 4400s? Any insight on that?

Has anyone else got anything similar?

UPDATE:
Another friend went from 2600ish to 1300ish. So I have no idea what’s going on. I’m still waiting to see what mine is, I was in the 2300s

Seems very sus if you ask me

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
I honestly don't have much faith in the waitlist system.

I'm currently at 9 years and just received notice that I'm still 9300 in the queue.

Would love to know the waitlist number for anyone else who is at the 9 year mark.

enTYSd

Debutant
Apr 17, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond

I'm currently at 9 years and just received notice that I'm still 9300 in the queue.

Would love to know the waitlist number for anyone else who is at the 9 year mark.
Years of Membership = 10
End of 2021 Waitlist number = 9,252
End of 2022 Waitlist number = 7,759

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I called them earlier in the year to confirm whether my sister was upgraded (she was in the low 2000's).

They told me around 1900-2000 had been upgraded so she just missed out by about 200 spots. They said while no guarantees she could likely expect to be offered an upgrade next year.

She got the renewal email today and is still in the 900's - only went up around 1250 places.

I have emailed them for a please explain.

The only reason I can think of is that although ~1900 upgrades were offered not all of them were accepted - if that's the case then why weren't those places offered to the people next in line? If there is for example an Essendon supporter who is offered an upgrade mid-year 2022 and they know they're not making finals/GF they will just decline it as otherwise they'll be paying an extra ~$200 for nothing. They know they are still next in line next year and if those places aren't offered to the next in line when they decline they will get offered the upgrade again next year. Seems extremely dodgy.

hoddo22

Club Legend
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills

9 year member as well. 8951 so you're around the same mark.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

TigerR

Senior List
Nov 28, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
If there is for example an Essendon supporter who is offered an upgrade mid-year 2022 and they know they're not making finals/GF they will just decline it as otherwise they'll be paying an extra ~$200 for nothing. They know they are still next in line next year and if those places aren't offered to the next in line when they decline they will get offered the upgrade again next year. Seems extremely dodgy.
That is how it works from my limited understanding. i.e. you can upgrade mid year or defer to the next year. I assume you can't defer again.
I would be interested to hear from people who were offered upgrades this year. When did they get the offer and how long did they have to decide? That would help explain if there were multiple rounds of upgrade offers. Or maybe the AFL will give you an honest explanation. Please keep us updated.
My renewal has not arrived yet. I was looking forward to moving from the 6000s to the 4000s, but it doesn't sound like that will be the case now.

snags_44

Draftee
Sep 6, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
I’m not sure what I was this time last year but in November 2020 I was 18,938 after 4 years. Just got off the phone to them and I’m 17,213. So I’ve moved 1700 spots in 2 years.

TigerR

Senior List
Nov 28, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m not sure what I was this time last year but in November 2020 I was 18,938 after 4 years. Just got off the phone to them and I’m 17,213. So I’ve moved 1700 spots in 2 years.
That doesn't sounds right. Possibly they have given you last year's wait list number. One of my kids went up 1100 last year to be about 10000 in the queue. Based on comments above she should go up 2400 over 2 years so you should be at least that given you are further down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back