AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people did not know about AFL Membership a while ago.
Me, wife and 3 kids have been member for 16 years..
All of us got Gold in 7 years because there were not many in front of us at the time.
Unfortunately it's around 15 year wait list for gold now.
Even with silver it's just as good value.
The only difference really is access to a Grand Final ticket and prelim final price.
Silver is around $200 cheaper though and way better value than a club membership.

I only found out about it as a mate at school had it and went overseas for a while and gave it me to use. We signed up the next year.

But it got popular and received huge spikes after Collingwood grand finals. So anyone after 2010 has a long wait, good luck to anyone that joined up after 2018!!!

But it’s so much better value than a Legends membership

Finally found the emails :p

8 Years of Membership
2022: 12547
2023: 10921

I estimate another 17 years to bring the total wait to 25 years

I am Bronze and I didnt even use it this year and only went to one game as a spectator (Hawks game at Marvel so cant use Bronze) but went to about 20 other games in my gameday role.

hey guys FYI
moved up a few hundred i think, i reckon prob another 5 years to go

YEARS OF MEMBERSHIP - 13
WAITLIST NUMBER - 1559

hey guys FYI
moved up a few hundred i think, i reckon prob another 5 years to go

YEARS OF MEMBERSHIP - 13
WAITLIST NUMBER - 1559
When did you join?

There were upgrades to Gold for those joining in November 2010 this year so 13 years seems a bit odd.

Hopefully you're upgraded next year but you'll add to the list of other Collingwood members who likely signed up hot on the heels of the 2010 flag.

from memory I signed up beginning of 2010, so in theory I would be ahead of the ones who signed up after the premiership.

2018: 18558
2021: 14948
2022: 13476
2023: 11790

Don't have the numbers for 2017, 2019-2020.

~1500-1600 odd spots the last 2 years.

If that continues I'll get to gold in 2031 which would be 15 years of membership. If it slows a bit maybe 2035.

I wonder if the proposed MCG upgrade and rebuild of the Shane Warne stand will either reduce available gold slots while under construction, or increase AFL members capacity when its done.

I wonder if the proposed MCG upgrade and rebuild of the Shane Warne stand will either reduce available gold slots while under construction, or increase AFL members capacity when its done.
One would assume it would increase the capacity, not sure what happens during construction though, what happened with MCC members during that rebuild?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd assume the AFL would have to tip in to the funding of the new stand for that to happen.

Based on ppl's posts there's obviously bigger jumps up the queue the further out you are, all relating to the number of ppl ahead of you who are not renewing each year.

With interest rates up and a ton of strain on savings sadly many ppl will look to cut costs. Entertainment / luxuries are usually cut first.
I wouldn't be surprised if renewals decrease over the next couple of years, meaning faster progression for the remainder.

Are we even getting cards? Remember, the AFL was trying to save the planet by not producing plastic membership cards for a relatively small number of people to use.

I asked for a card last year and was sent one, so it may be opt in to receive one.
I'm pretty sure when I requested my card for this year the website said that anyone who requested one for last year will just automatically receive one this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back