AFL site

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep Eagle-Fan,couldnt lodge my tips. Sent them an E-mail to let them know about it too! I reckon anyone who couldnt get there tips/teams in should also send them a letter asking that this round should be declared void. It isnt fair to those who miss out.

By the way congrats on the win even with the umps on your side
tongue.gif
I mean cmon McIntosh takes out Barker to the head and not even a free??? That was poor then fish gets a fifty against him and all your bloke did was back into him and fall on the ball!

No they did play better but I WAS pissed off about the Barker play,I dont think it was deliberate,how the free didnt get paid is a joke, and a poor joke too. It was high and to the head That ump is heading back to a minor league for sure.

Kemp played a blinder and Gehrig was to good for us, Judge I think used a few cards from up his sleeve and out coached Schwab.

Ah well wait until we get you in Vic country

Thanks Grendel, I certainly enjoyed it
smile.gif
But half way into the first I was more than a little worried! Your opening was awesome. I thought we'd lose (even tipped against us!), so was pleasantly surprised. A note for all fellow footy tippers- never EVER tip against the Eagles the night before our players review! My boys just love their dresses too much too spoil the night by losing! BTW/ the review was great, Scotty is dag, a real natural entertainer.
Now about the Barker 'incident'. Absolutely a free kick, but it was at an awkward angle for the umpire, so that might be why he missed it (?). Is the player OK? Looked pretty nasty from my POV. As for the question of intention, I would have to say Ash McIntosh would be the last player to deliberatly hit another. Not because he's a good person or anything (although he is
wink.gif
) but simply cos he couldn't be bothered! He's a terrific player and natural athlete, but he is a little lazy. Anyway, he tucked his elbow in, and seemed to hit with his bicep. I hope he doesn't get reported, but expect him to plead guilty if that's the case.

*On the AFL site thing, I finally got mine in just before leaving for the game. Not really good enough, so I'm with you for the round being void.

Glad that you got your tips in Eagle_Fan, to be honest I dont think the three I have for the round so far are going to contribute to me winning the VB prize at the end of the year
smile.gif

About the clash I take it you were at the game so I will tell you what we saw on TV. McIntosh came through and took out Barker with what looked at very suspect action. My first thought was I hope the John was okay as he was in poor shape. Then I couldnt beleive that play was allowed to continue and your mob scored a major, it was like adding insult to injury. With the strecher coming out CH7 (as you know how they love this type of thing) showed the clash from several angles quite a few times. One angle from behind showed an ump looking deadset head on at the clash. Now there is no mistake this umpire, I dont know which it was, had a CLEAR VIEW total unobstructed nothing in between him and the players.
To put it mildly I was by this point furious. Not with McIntosh,not with West Coast, but with this ONE so called umpire. There are another two field and five secondary umpires on the field of play.
I have no doubt McIntosh will be suspended and more, I think he might get quite a hefty suspencion. As you said, even I dont think he is that sort of a player. What he did wrong was that he jumped before he made contact. Accidental or not the league is cracking down on these sorts or collisions. Do I have a grudge against McIntosh? No I dont, these things happen and a Hawk will probably be involved in something similar at a latter date.
I really have a grudge against the umpire. If ever there was a case to show that the 3 umpire system isnt working it was this. How 3 can be out there and miss this sort of thing is beyond me.

Sorry for the winge but I can hope that you understand the frustration at having a bloke that you like (I met him a while back when he played with the Roys and he was a good kid so now he is a Hawk he is even better) can be hard to take.

On a lighter note how did you rate Judge on friday night? I thought he outcoached Scwabby so I still reckon he may be good for you long term. Hope that Wirra is getting better to, we havent heard much more on him over here, how is he doing?

Cheers, Grendel

Well it looks like Ash has no charge to answer (again!). I was pretty worried for a while, but I think just the fact his elbow was tucked in, and he hit Barker with his upper arm rather than elbow or shoulder saved him. Poor little Embley's not so lucky
frown.gif
He's a good kid, and gives us a bit of toughness, but he's still learning the discipline side of things. I think he'll probably plead guilty. A reckless rather than intentional incident, but still not part of the game either.

Regarding Wirra- he's in a cast for another month (I think -everyone says something different). He came out on crutches at the players review, and played the didgeridoo(sp?) as part of the Priscilla act. He got the biggest cheer for the night! (Very good at it too) He's had it really tough the past few years, so I hope he recovers fully. Did you know he nearly died over the break? I kid you not. He had some sudden and severe infection in his throat that prevented him breathing. He couldn't talk, so had to hit his brother with a shoe to wake him to take him to hospital. Scary stuff. Combine that with the shin splints, and now stress fractures and it's a tragic story.

Ended up with six and a half for the round in tipping. I can't believe the only one I got wrong was ours! I guess I need a little more faith in the boys....

BTW/ Still don't like KJ, never will. I admit he coached well, but he's still not making any friends over here. If he contributes to Fraser Gehrig leaving, WA will never forgive him. DON'T GO FRASER!

The only tip I got wrong (other than the Draw) was - yep you guessed it - WCE - cannot pick them to save my life.

Dumb nto picking them at home I know but I think if Hawthorn hasn't been decimated with injuries (particularly Hay) during the game it would have been a near thing.

In any case I am very definitely not interested in the round being called null and void. Particularly as I know loads of people would have tipped the Pies to bounce back..

How many did you get Arch (if you're out there)?

Dutch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back