Player Watch AFL skill level

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah part of the best part of playing sport when i was younger was how seriously everyone took it. I remember a game in the under 12s where we played Ajax and they made us stand outside at half time in a hailstorm because we were the enemy while they rugged up inside.
*en AJAX..... I hated playing them. Even in cricket they were bad. I remember at tea one day (in the ones mind you) they had no table, chairs, and they just had these soggy cheese and tomato sandwiches and Tim tams.

Always had to play at that ground opposite junction oval, old man could never get a park. But they were always pretty good at footy, I think they’re in B or C grade ammos now.

Nah, literally just got back in after having a slash and the slats broke. Now my side is all sunken. Great. Another Bloody thing to fix!
Weird thing to happen. Reminds me of when I bought some cheap wine glasses from coles to supplement supplies for a large gathering. I washed them to remove dust before use and left them out draining in the kitchen. A shaft of sunlight settled on them, changed the temperature of the glass or something, and both simultaneously exploded. Sort of freaked me out.

Weird thing to happen. Reminds me of when I bought some cheap wine glasses from coles to supplement supplies for a large gathering. I washed them to remove dust before use and left them out draining in the kitchen. A shaft of sunlight settled on them, changed the temperature of the glass or something, and both simultaneously exploded. Sort of freaked me out.
Ghost of norm smith

Nah, literally just got back in after having a slash and the slats broke. Now my side is all sunken. Great. Another Bloody thing to fix!
At least the MFC didn't break your bed like they did mine. I was watching a close game one time when we choked like we normally did in the final minutes & in frustration I started to back heel the mattress while I was laying on it. Anyway one of the legs gave way & it partially collapsed. I ended up propping the leg with some old VHS tapes which did the job. However a few times when a lady silly enough to go home with me spent the night it was prone to collapsing.

At least the MFC didn't break your bed like they did mine. I was watching a close game one time when we choked like we normally did in the final minutes & in frustration I started to back heel the mattress while I was laying on it. Anyway one of the legs gave way & it partially collapsed. I ended up propping the leg with some old VHS tapes which did the job. However a few times when a lady silly enough to go home with me spent the night it was prone to collapsing.
I hope you collapsed with exhaustion!

Was this recent? If yes, kudos for having any vhs tapes to hand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

30 years ago. I considered using Betamax but VHS looked more sturdy. ;)

Truthfully it was in 2011. My father had a massive Video collection (Close to 2000 films) that were just sitting there unwatched.
I bet there were odd rare gems in there.

If there were, I bet you have, by total accident, destroyed them all in the bed prop fiasco. Ah well, you’ll have to keep dreaming of riches and checking lottery results like me.

I was listening to a podcast that discusses stats and trends in afl. The most recent one discussed briefly contested possessions. Interestingly there seems to be a switch in focus on loose ball gets (over hardball gets) these are still counted as contested possessions. The reason being is you win the disputed ball but have more time than a hardball get, with more time and space you have the ability to find a target and retain possession. A new stat in which counts post Stoppage contested possessions is also very important - something we aren’t good at it.

So the point I’m trying to make, we are great at the coalface but say 5-10m radius outside the stoppage we suck big time. Particularly inside forward 50 we can’t win a ground ball inside 50, it correlates to lack of scoring and worst yet allows the ball to spit out of our forward line and puts our defence under pressure.

Jay Clark wrote a not a so ground breaking story about our finishing inside 50.

Our 3 best kicks going forward;
Harmes 59%
Tmac 57%
Trac 48%

Our 3 worst kicks;
Brayshaw 33%
Oliver 30%
Viney 24%

% kick retention

Please , the AFL says it can't financial endorse an AFL club in Tassie while blowing $200 million on propping up a club in the Gold Coast . ******** ! . Maybe relocate the GCS to Tasmania and kill 2 birds with one move . Why we don't have a team in Tasmania is a ******* disgrace.
If they don’t show something for the rest of the year then GC might be on that path....

West Coast has thousands on their waiting list. Freo's lack of support probably comes down to their chronic lack of success and their terrible work at marketing the club in the 90s more than a lack of fans.
Club songs like ‘Freo, the way to go, hit em real hard send em down below’ aren’t really inspiring either. Mind you, WC have a garbage song as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back