Roast AFl Sliding Door Moments - WTF?

Remove this Banner Ad

Most journalists writing on any sports seem to be completely incapable of producing articles where facts and logical thinking rule the day. The more sensationalism and making things up, the better...

Fox Sports tend to be very good at publishing horrible articles. The two tennis related ones I laughed at this morning were a joy to read...

didn't see any evidence of Rioli's kick hitting the post. That was very dubious i thought
Thats right, the stupid goal umpire was in no position and had no right to say he thought it hit the post, a pure guess to favour the home team. No video footage showed it hit the post so the result should have favoured the attacking team.

If I decrease his views by even just one, then I'm happy:

GJePUoO.png

Complete nimrod, or just a campaigner?

What also annoys me about this regular "feature" is that he is too gutless to attribute his insightful thoughts to himself only. Notice the constant use of "we", "we're" and "us" in the text and you know he is pretending to speak on behalf of some mystical council of footy gurus. Flog central. :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some posters on here would know how much I detest the media. I grew up in an era where football journalists were usually former great players who reported on the game in an open and balanced manner. They wrote about the match they'd seen and left it up to the reader to take from it what they will. There were other writers such as Mike Coward who never played but was a student of the game. He was passionate about it, and never wrote anything scurrilous for fear it may harm the game. They never printed anything unless it had been checked out first.

The day they decided to put an end to genuine sports reporting and resort to opinion pieces is the day the football media turned to crap.

These days we have players with personal biases and sewer rats such as Barrett who don't care who they upset, who they may hurt, what damage they may bring to the game. All they care about is the story. Facts don't enter into it. They rarely ever discuss the game they saw, just highlight bits and pieces in order to throw s**t at someone. They hear something and run with it, not caring to check the validity of the story.

All we get is their opinions, and most of the time they aren't worth a damn.

He really does have a problem with us doesn't he.... :rolleyes:

OMG! Towel-gate was the worst crime in the AFL from the last week!!

AFL
IF: you want this week's example of the footy ops' wet-lettuce-leaf style of sanctioning ...

... notice Wednesday's release of a suspended fine for the Hawks' decision to place a towel over a dressing room camera.

He really does have a problem with us doesn't he.... :rolleyes:

OMG! Towel-gate was the worst crime in the AFL from the last week!!

AFL
IF: you want this week's example of the footy ops' wet-lettuce-leaf style of sanctioning ...

... notice Wednesday's release of a suspended fine for the Hawks' decision to place a towel over a dressing room camera.
Probably talked it up on that s**t stain of a show he and the other football intellect and moral compass (Lloyd not Carey) have on a Monday. Not having the result go his way may have made him petulant. Plus he's out in full force against Norf because his get Boomer another year campaign wasn't successful this time.
Wouldn't worry about him.

Some posters on here would know how much I detest the media. I grew up in an era where football journalists were usually former great players who reported on the game in an open and balanced manner. They wrote about the match they'd seen and left it up to the reader to take from it what they will. There were other writers such as Mike Coward who never played but was a student of the game. He was passionate about it, and never wrote anything scurrilous for fear it may harm the game. They never printed anything unless it had been checked out first.

The day they decided to put an end to genuine sports reporting and resort to opinion pieces is the day the football media turned to crap.

These days we have players with personal biases and sewer rats such as Barrett who don't care who they upset, who they may hurt, what damage they may bring to the game. All they care about is the story. Facts don't enter into it. They rarely ever discuss the game they saw, just highlight bits and pieces in order to throw s**t at someone. They hear something and run with it, not caring to check the validity of the story.

All we get is their opinions, and most of the time they aren't worth a damn.

Actually, they're more feelpinions - especially from gutter trash like Barrett and Jon Ralph.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back