AFL star’s anti-vax views cost him friendship

Remove this Banner Ad

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
Says everything anyone would need to know about the type of person you are.

Fine.

I make no apology whatsoever for not wanting unvaccinated people around immunocompromised family members.

If people, friends or otherwise are that abhorrent that they will put their own ignorance ahead of others welfare then they can frankly GAGF.

I don't a expect a sovereign citizen whackjob like you to understand. But I can only try to educate.

I'm sure cutting them off and socially isolating them in one of the loneliest times in recent history would do great things for their mental health and welfare.

.... by their own decision...
It's not something out of their hands that's done it but a conscious and ignorant decision...
Listen to you white knighting morons.

Fine.

I make no apology whatsoever for not wanting unvaccinated people around immunocompromised family members.

If people, friends or otherwise are that abhorrent that they will put their own ignorance ahead of others welfare then they can frankly GAGF.

I don't a expect a sovereign citizen whackjob like you to understand. But I can only try to educate.
Obviously you took the same stance regarding the flu and other vaccinations that are similar in some ways to covid.

Before you become friends with or interact with people, do you hand them some sort of check list to tick yes and no with the vaccinations they've had?

.... by their own decision...
It's not something out of their hands that's done it but a conscious and ignorant decision...
Listen to you white knighting morons.
One of my closest friends and 2 of my family members are unvaccinated. Do I agree with their decision? No. I'm triple vaxxed and my Dad's immunocompromised so I had my own responsibility with that situation... But their decision had no bearing on me.

But much like my friend who got in trouble with the police for possession of illicit substances, I don't base my friendship or relationship with someone based off a singular issue or decision. If they did something truly abhorrent such as sexually assaulted a person or permanently injured someone in an act of thuggery I'd have a different outlook on them but their decision regarding the vaccines had no effect on my life and if they weren't made to publicly be recognized as one or the other I'd have no idea who was and wasn't vaccinated.

My best friend who's unvaxxed isn't able to come on a trip overseas we'd talked about for years at the end of this year due to his decision, my sister in law who's unvaccinated wasn't able to attend one of our family members weddings... Did that suck for them and the rest of us? Absolutely. But I'm not going to treat them like they are some sort of malicious fiends actively out there to kill every person in their path.

My sister in law never left her house during the lockdowns, never visited a venue while they still imposed the ban on unvaccinated patrons, worked at home throughout and even made my brother strip down from his clothes, have a shower and disinfected himself before he was allowed to roam the rest of his own house freely. She obeyed every rule the government set, but she didn't want to take the vaccine due to her own beliefs. Is she some crazy anti vaxxer? Or is she just a regular person who did her part in preventing the spread without taking the needle?

There's the loopy nutters out there, a few guys I went to school with back in the day were out there posting anti government and anti vaccine rhetoric all over their social medias... But that doesn't mean every person who didn't get it are that way inclined. There are plenty of perfectly normal people who didn't get it for plenty of valid reasons.

Fine.

Sovereign citizen whackjob :tearsofjoy:

And you're basing that off of what exactly? Or just more stereotyping and misguided bigotry?

Sovereign citizen whackjob :tearsofjoy:

And you're basing that off of what exactly? Or just more stereotyping and misguided bigotry?

Based off you know, the fact that you are a sovereign citizen whackjob. Or at the very least an apologist for such parasites.

One of my closest friends and 2 of my family members are unvaccinated. Do I agree with their decision? No. I'm triple vaxxed and my Dad's immunocompromised so I had my own responsibility with that situation... But their decision had no bearing on me.

But much like my friend who got in trouble with the police for possession of illicit substances, I don't base my friendship or relationship with someone based off a singular issue or decision. If they did something truly abhorrent such as sexually assaulted a person or permanently injured someone in an act of thuggery I'd have a different outlook on them but their decision regarding the vaccines had no effect on my life and if they weren't made to publicly be recognized as one or the other I'd have no idea who was and wasn't vaccinated.

My best friend who's unvaxxed isn't able to come on a trip overseas we'd talked about for years at the end of this year due to his decision, my sister in law who's unvaccinated wasn't able to attend one of our family members weddings... Did that suck for them and the rest of us? Absolutely. But I'm not going to treat them like they are some sort of malicious fiends actively out there to kill every person in their path.

My sister in law never left her house during the lockdowns, never visited a venue while they still imposed the ban on unvaccinated patrons, worked at home throughout and even made my brother strip down from his clothes, have a shower and disinfected himself before he was allowed to roam the rest of his own house freely. She obeyed every rule the government set, but she didn't want to take the vaccine due to her own beliefs. Is she some crazy anti vaxxer? Or is she just a regular person who did her part in preventing the spread without taking the needle?

There's the loopy nutters out there, a few guys I went to school with back in the day were out there posting anti government and anti vaccine rhetoric all over their social medias... But that doesn't mean every person who didn't get it are that way inclined. There are plenty of perfectly normal people who didn't get it for plenty of valid reasons.

So for all of that, how is it that you cannot understand why I wouldn't want unvaccinated people around immunocompromised family members?

What is it that gives them the right to compromise others?

You really are laughably dumb

And you really are laughably ignorant.

I have explained to you that I have immunocompromised family members. You seem to think that the mental health of unvaccinated people should allow them to put those family members in danger.

Explain to me why you think this is acceptable.

Obviously you took the same stance regarding the flu and other vaccinations that are similar in some ways to covid.

Before you become friends with or interact with people, do you hand them some sort of check list to tick yes and no with the vaccinations they've had?

In certain circumstances, yes.

You do understand why they blocked unvaccinated people from visiting nursing homes and the like, don't you?

So for all of that, how is it that you cannot understand why I wouldn't want unvaccinated people around immunocompromised family members?

What is it that gives them the right to compromise others?
You've already labelled me as a Sovereign citizen whackjob as a matter of 'fact' and an apologist for parasites because I said that the mental health of even the unvaccinated is important without knowing a thing about me. So I don't have any real interest in responding to anything you say as you're clearly incapable of having a reasonable discussion with.

Yup 100% correct and I agree. Problem is those nutters have really ramped up the nutty since covid which makes it a pretty easy decision to cut them from your life, and not from a "they didn't get vaxxed" POV but once they go down that rabbit hole it consumes them and becomes their entire personality.
I think largely that's the biggest issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In certain circumstances, yes.

You do understand why they blocked unvaccinated people from visiting nursing homes and the like, don't you?
Of course I do, strange that you were allowed to visit without a flu vaccination, very similar in many ways.

So do you like email the prospective friend a check list and that's how it goes? Or do you verbally ask them?

Only thing I care about in a friend is if they're a ******* or not. Couldn't care any less if I tried if they haven't had a covid vaccine or any other vaccine.

You've already labelled me as a Sovereign citizen whackjob as a matter of 'fact' and an apologist for parasites because I said that the mental health of even the unvaccinated is important without knowing a thing about me. So I don't have any real interest in responding to anything you say as you're clearly incapable of having a reasonable discussion with.

And you concluded that I was a heartless prick without understanding my position and why.

You may feel that you have some sort of moral superiority but that is just an illusion that you have created to justify yourself.

Yup 100% correct and I agree. Problem is those nutters have really ramped up the nutty since covid which makes it a pretty easy decision to cut them from your life, and not from a "they didn't get vaxxed" POV but once they go down that rabbit hole it consumes them and becomes their entire personality.
I completely agree. A few of my friends went down the rabbit hole and have ended up moving out to the country preparing for the new world order and all the rest of it Pete Evans style. More than happy to see the back of them well and truly... but my friends with prior health issues or issues with governments in general due to the countries they fled from when they were young... I still look at them as good people who were put in an unfortunate predicament, won't dissuade me from associating with them though.

And again, there are actually legitimate reasons why some people have cut them off.

I understand that a person can only take so many precautions but the obvious ones (such as unvaccinated people in one's circle) can be mitigated against.

Yes, it's sad that the unvaccinated feel isolated by this but again, in almost all cases they made the conscious choice without any regard for those around them. And that is fine. But it has forced a lot of people to evaluate the level of risk that this poses. Me, I am healthy and vaccinated. But I have people in my family who need to be very careful so by extension I have to take precautions that I wouldn't normally take. Obviously I can't ask everybody who I come across their status (as some twit above suggested) and I can't live in a cave. But I can remove known and obvious risks for the time being.

I don't believe this makes me a monster even though there are one or two in here who don't seem to get it.

I completely agree. A few of my friends went down the rabbit hole and have ended up moving out to the country preparing for the new world order and all the rest of it Pete Evans style. More than happy to see the back of them well and truly... but my friends with prior health issues or issues with governments in general due to the countries they fled from when they were young... I still look at them as good people who were put in an unfortunate predicament, won't dissuade me from associating with them though.

So some of your friends went down the "rabbit hole" and moved away, did they? Clearly they were struggling with this and probably had some mental health issues that drove them that far.

Yet you are "happy to see the back of them." How very caring and understanding of you.

In light of the dressing down you gave me I guess the above statement makes you the biggest hypocrite on this site.:D

Of course I do, strange that you were allowed to visit without a flu vaccination, very similar in many ways.

So do you like email the prospective friend a check list and that's how it goes? Or do you verbally ask them?

Only thing I care about in a friend is if they're a ******* or not. Couldn't care any less if I tried if they haven't had a covid vaccine or any other vaccine.

Where is your evidence that I don't have a flu vaccination?

I won't bother with the rest of your strawman.

So you can be sympathetic to them because of your views and experience but can be sympathetic to someone who doesnt want anything to do with an unvaxxed person because of their views and experience.

It feels like a convenient double standard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back