Game Day AFL Swans v GW$ Giants - QF

Remove this Banner Ad

If GWS make the grand final it will give me a free Saturday. No way will I support that contrived bullshit GF appearance.

Call me a purist, but I've got no idea how anyone could support them. It's just vomit-inducing manufactured success in an area with absolutely no AFL history.

All the while teams like the Dogs and North get thrown to the wolves and made to fight for the scraps left over by the big Victorian clubs. It's infuriating.

The media and AFL have no idea, in any other comp it would be a feel good story like Leicester City last year but an all Sydney GF and GWS being strong for however of the next many years (just see Fitzpatrick's quotes today who is an AFL commissioner) would be atrocious for the comp.

Call me a purist, but I've got no idea how anyone could support them. It's just vomit-inducing manufactured success in an area with absolutely no AFL history.

All the while teams like the Dogs and North get thrown to the wolves and made to fight for the scraps left over by the big Victorian clubs. It's infuriating.
And the old Fitzroy fans would be loving it also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't care if it's already been said, but the GWS theme song! WTF! It sounds like the soundtrack to a Mel Brooks movie.

I just blew up, thank * no one else is around, this ******* bullshit called the AFL just hands out premierships willy nilly to GWS but than whenever Fremantle got close the ******* campaigners in AFL house paid the umpires off to corrupt the result, it ******* shits me whats happening in the AFL and im fed up, think id rather go follow some other sport that doesnt award premierships for no work at all

Go down the road in Blacktown or mt druitt and ask a random 100 people to name A GWS player
See how many correct answers you get

Less than the number that can name their welfare officer or drug dealer

Sydney were poor today, ANZ venue really does neutralise their advantage. I'll think they'll still make the GF, win at the SCG next week and should have the cats measure.
Bloody giants are ideally placed now, hope to god Stevie J gets two weeks and misses out

I just blew up, thank **** no one else is around, this ******* bullshit called the AFL just hands out premierships willy nilly to GWS but than whenever Fremantle got close the ******* campaigners in AFL house paid the umpires off to corrupt the result, it ******* shits me whats happening in the AFL and im fed up, think id rather go follow some other sport that doesnt award premierships for no work at all

Quality melt :thumbsu:

Certainly feels like a bit of a dark day for our "competition".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back