Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
Freo Players / Number of times selected in TOTW:
8 - Nat Fyfe (Rd1, Rd5, Rd8, Rd11, Rd13, Rd17, Rd20, Rd21)
5 - Brad Hill (Rd2, Rd10, Rd11, Rd14, Rd20)
5 - Michael Walters (Rd3, Rd5, Rd10, Rd13, Rd 22)
3 - Luke Ryan (Rd3, Rd10, Rd13)
2 - David Mundy (Rd4, Rd6)
2 - Cam McCarthy (Rd1, Rd15)
2 - Brandon Matera (Rd6, Rd14)
1 - Matthew Taberner (Rd5)
1 - Alex Pearce (Rd7)
1 - Jesse Hogan (Rd13)
1 - Joel Hamling (Rd18)
1 - Andrew Brayshaw (Rd19)

Rd 1
1 - Cam McCarthy (FP)
1 - Nat Fyfe (I/C)

Rd 2
1 - Brad Hill (wing)

Rd 3
1 - Michael Walters (Wing)
1 - Luke Ryan (HBF)

Rd 4
1 - David Mundy (I/C)

Rd 5
2 - Michael Walters (Wing)
2 - Nat Fyfe (I/C)

Rd 6
2 - David Mundy (I/C)
1 - Matt Taberner (CHF)
1 - Brandon Matera (HFF)

Rd 7

1 - Alex Pearce (FB)

Rd 8
3 - Nat Fyfe (HFF)

Rd 9
Nil

Rd 10
3 - Michael Walters (HFF)
2 - Brad Hill (Wing)
2 - Luke Ryan (HBF)

Rd 11
4 - Nat Fyfe (RR)
3 - Brad Hill (Wing)

Rd 12
Bye

Rd 13
5 - Nat Fyfe (RR)
4 - Michael Walters (FP)
3 - Luke Ryan (BP)
1 - Jesse Hogan (FF)

Team of the Year (to this point) - Fyfe (Centre), Walters (FP)

Rd 14
4 - Brad Hill (Wing)
2 - Brandon Matera (FP)

Rd 15
2 - Cam McCarthy (CHF)

Rd 16
Nil

Rd 17
6 - Nat Fyfe (I/C)

Rd 18
1 - Joel Hamling (FB)

Rd 19
1 - Andrew Brayshaw (I/C)

Rd 20
7 - Nat Fyfe (Centre)
5 - Brad Hill (Wing)

Rd 21
8 - Nat Fyfe (RR)

Rd 22
5 - Michael Walters (HFF)

Last edited:

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
While Harris Andrews is an exceptional young player I think AP had him covered over the weekend.
AP doesn't play for the 'young, up and coming Lions' or a Victorian team.

Just thought I'd keep track of how we're going week by week in terms of who's considered the league's best each round, how many times our guys get a guernsey, and who misses out on AA selection this year. (I think we all know Lachie Neale is already a lock for AA, and he was as soon as the trade was made, despite missing out at least once with us. And how many times did Luke McPharlin miss a guernsey? And Mundy. And Pav, even though he had 6, never got one after 2008, despite being THE most dominant forward in the league in 2011.). Anyway not meant to be a lemon-sucking, cynical thread - just interested. :)

Last edited:
Geez... Hill, Tucker, Langdon, Taberner, Schultz, Walters, Banfield, Lobb, Conca, Darcy, Colyer, Mundy, Brayshaw, Ryan, Hughes, Pearce, Cerra, Wilson, Hamling and Ballantyne were a bit stiff to miss out.
I know this is being facetious, but it was a very even team performance and I think the two who made the team were the right two. Hill and AP the only other ones who you could make an argument for and their directly named competitors played very good games.

fnerd

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2009
Castilly rock
AFL Club
Fremantle
Was it ysaye who often talked up Sam Taylor in his draft year?.

While Naughton (rightly so) got talked up didn’t he mention Taylor was very underrated as player kpd?

Pretty sure he went pick 27 (in that area of the draft) where we had sweet fa picks but I remember kinda hoping we might be able to pick him.

Regardless ,good call , looks an awesome prospect an absolute steal

Caldera

All Australian
Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Tucker made the team of the week based on AFL Player Ratings as well...

dfdcc6c1593107cabdf9eed2092f8cb5.jpg

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tucker made the team of the week based on AFL Player Ratings as well...

dfdcc6c1593107cabdf9eed2092f8cb5.jpg
Are there two that they put up? I didn’t see this one on the AFL site? I might just keep up with the ‘official’ one where they choose, rather than go by taking points. Unless you can point me in the direction of this and the first few weeks, then happy to adjust. (But just saying - think the ranking points is a bit of a load tbh).

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Are there two that they put up? I didn’t see this one on the AFL site? I might just keep up with the ‘official’ one where they choose, rather than go by taking points. Unless you can point me in the direction of this and the first few weeks, then happy to adjust. (But just saying - think the ranking points is a bit of a load tbh).
Yeah player ratings is purely statistical. You can find it all here: https://twitter.com/aflplayerrating

It's funny though because someone in our changes thread said Tucker did nothing on the weekend. It might not find you the right B22 each week but you don't feature in the player rating B22 if you've done nothing ;) I like how it also shows the quarter by quarter breakdown - for instance look at Benfield's last quarter when he moved into the middle...

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Yeah player ratings is purely statistical. You can find it all here: https://twitter.com/aflplayerrating

It's funny though because someone in our changes thread said Tucker did nothing on the weekend. It might not find you the right B22 each week but you don't feature in the player rating B22 if you've done nothing ;) I like how it also shows the quarter by quarter breakdown - for instance look at Benfield's last quarter when he moved into the middle...

Ah yes - I’ve seen that on Twitter. Makes for interesting reading, and I agree, the quarter by quarter breakdown is good.
Interesting that Nathan Brown got his club highest score, yet Hogan was cited for a bump that clearly didn’t hinder him at all. Maybe they need a category for ‘no impact’ which takes points away...
and I think I’ll stick with the official AFL TOTW, as interesting as this might be.

Caldera

All Australian
Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle

As wayToGo_ pointed out, it's from the AFL player ratings. I'm not a fan of the Champion Data rankings (unless it's for my stinky Fantasy Team), but this statistical method does seem to consistently see the cream rise to the top. Last weeks game had Wilson rated as near worst on ground. Hard to argue against that. Anyway - I'll refrain from dumping player rating stuff in here in the future so as not to confuse/derail.

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
As wayToGo_ pointed out, it's from the AFL player ratings. I'm not a fan of the Champion Data rankings (unless it's for my stinky Fantasy Team), but this statistical method does seem to consistently see the cream rise to the top. Last weeks game had Wilson rated as near worst on ground. Hard to argue against that. Anyway - I'll refrain from dumping player rating stuff in here in the future so as not to confuse/derail.
Nah put it in if you want - it’s interesting. But I’ll just keep tally of the players included in the ‘official’ AFL team of the week.

bushchook

All Australian
Dec 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ah yes - I’ve seen that on Twitter. Makes for interesting reading, and I agree, the quarter by quarter breakdown is good.
Interesting that Nathan Brown got his club highest score, yet Hogan was cited for a bump that clearly didn’t hinder him at all. Maybe they need a category for ‘no impact’ which takes points away...

He was off the ground for over 10 minutes so it clearly hindered him a bit.

The fact Pearce and Ryan have only been in the team of the week only once collectively is kind of ridiculous to be honest.

Our defensive unit is currently the best in the AFL and its in no small part due to Pearce and Ryan being borderline unbeatable 1 on 1

1555991195064.png

Back