Opinion AFL Team of the Week

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact Pearce and Ryan have only been in the team of the week only once collectively is kind of ridiculous to be honest.

Our defensive unit is currently the best in the AFL and its in no small part due to Pearce and Ryan being borderline unbeatable 1 on 1

View attachment 660398

Dicko & Browny, "what's the name of that Ryan guy".

No wonder he dyed his hair !!, no one east of the Nullarbor knows who he is.

Dicko & Browny, "what's the name of that Ryan guy".

No wonder he dyed his hair !!, no one east of the Nullarbor knows who he is.
I reckon it was Dicko (I have only seen part of the footage), as Browny was waxing lyrical about "Ryno" during the game.
He was also adamant Pearce was the AA CHB at this stage.

I reckon it was Dicko (I have only seen part of the footage), as Browny was waxing lyrical about "Ryno" during the game.
He was also adamant Pearce was the AA CHB at this stage.

Dixon is cringeworthy bad. I had to watch the FTA delayed telecast so knew the result before the first bounce and paid some extra attention to the call. Browny is a hillbilly at heart and comes over an honest but very rough diamond. And he has credibility from his playing days. Dixon usually had the last say as the special effects man and he literally never had a decent thing to say about Freo or our players. He comes over as a weak and pathetic thumb sucker wanting to play with the big boys.

round 6 team of the week - Mundy on a wing, Matera on the bench (because midfielders who kick a couple of goals are more important to a forward line than forwards who kicked the most goals this week OF ANY PLAYER IN THE COMPETITION).

Yeah how the hell did Hamling not make it? When Rance plays a game like that it makes him a lock for AA.

I guess none of the experts actually watch our games and his game wouldn't really show up on the stats sheet.

AP at FB. Adelaide’s only rep was Brad Crouch on the bench. Seriously thought Fyfe would make it to the bench at least). Disappointing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Fyfe would be in as well. Really don't rate the team of the week anyway. Feel like they don't watch half the games and just look at the match centre stats like when they're picking the best of field for the reports.

Alex Keath extremely unlucky as was Ryan. If this was Collingwood vs Essendon 6 players would've been selected.

Only one player made it into the Team of the Week this week - Nat Fyfe on the HFF. Reason HFF being so many midfielders played awesome games and they had to fit him in, and his 3 goals squeezed him out of the middle and classified as a forward. Still, he was recognised for his awesomeness. 👍🏽

Two players this week - Lachie Neale (rover), Matt de Boer (I/C)....

Oh wait. :straining::rolleyes:

No players this week. None, nada, niente... Not sure what Mundy needed to do when he was equal BOG, 30+ possessions, a bunch of clearances and contested possessions and a goal. But then, no Essendon players made it in either, so I guess it just reinforces that it was a s**t game.

Two players this week - Lachie Neale (rover), Matt de Boer (I/C)....

Oh wait. :straining::rolleyes:

No players this week. None, nada, niente... Not sure what Mundy needed to do when he was equal BOG, 30+ possessions, a bunch of clearances and contested possessions and a goal. But then, no Essendon players made it in either, so I guess it just reinforces that it was a **** game.

Further reinforces that those at AFL don't watch Freo games.

Round 10

Three in this week:
Walters (HFF)
Hill (Wing)
Ryan (HBF)

Decent effort all up, considering it wasn’t the most skilful game and we only won by a point, but hey I’m sure the boys will take it. (Andrews the only Lion to get in - at CHB).

Last edited:
We have four (4) players in Round 13

Luke Ryan (BP)
Nat Fyfe (RR)
Jesse Hogan (FF)
Michael Walters (FP)

and in other news former buddy of mine, pick 2 trade bait & all-around GLR Lachie Weller got a gig so kudos to him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back