Opinion AFL Team of Your Lifetime

Remove this Banner Ad

For a short period of time Paul Salmon was like a phenomenon.
Season 1984 he seemed unstoppable at one point because he was a 205 cm and over 100 kg full forward. That was too tall for the type of players that played full back then. This was the era where great full backs like Geoff Southby, David Dench and Kelvin Moore had been the standard of full backs for era that had gone before and he would have well over 10 cm's over all of them and sometimes 16 cm's over our Southby and near 30 kg's too. If a man that tall can mark and kick goals most teams do not have a match up to stop him if ball kicked in air for him to mark. Like he taller and weigh more than Harry McKay now but most full forwards back then were more like 188 to 193 cm's, not well over 200 cm's. Opening six rounds of 1984 he had a run of 7, 7, 8, 4, 5 and 8 goals.
He was also a great Ruckman in his Hawthorn days.

Anyone who saw Bunji (McLeod) who doesn’t have him off half back doesn’t football!
Mvp BnFs AAs premierships
norm smiths indigenous team of the century over 300 games and a joy to watch!
Very true. Surprised I haven’t seen Bluey McKenna get much of a mention if any

I would take bartlett over daicos for great small forwards, who could play midfield at an elite level, from the past era

The closer to them in more recent times is Aker and perhaps Farmer if but for his tumultuous personality
Bartlett better than Daicos as a small forward or midfielder. Daicos was more flashy but actual performance not close. Betts was a better small forward than Daicos and even more flashy but Daicos of more value overall as could play up the ground a bit too. Betts was a small forward only.

Keep reading
I did before quoting you, I'm sorry that you don't think Milne is as good as Betts.
The reason as to why people are putting Milne in their teams, is because he was very good.
It's like me being mad because people are putting in Richo over Lloyd. When they're both the best of their time as a tall forward.

I did before quoting you, I'm sorry that you don't think Milne is as good as Betts.
The reason as to why people are putting Milne in their teams, is because he was very good.
It's like me being mad because people are putting in Richo over Lloyd. When they're both the best of their time as a tall forward.
If you did keep reading you would have seen that I wouldn't include Betts either and made no mention of him in relation to Milne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back