Sky

Prince Pretty
Feb 14, 2021
ADL
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
Yeah his is really good, I’d replace Gray with N Riewoldt though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You’re the same age as me so I think we should be replacing Warren Tredrea with Nick Riewoldt. Possibly just move Robbie Gray to the bench if he even makes the cut.

Personally, I prefer Boak but Gray is the better player so most likely miss.

Falcon3518

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
You’re the same age as me so I think we should be replacing Warren Tredrea with Nick Riewoldt. Possibly just move Robbie Gray to the bench if he even makes the cut.

Personally, I prefer Boak but Gray is the better player so most likely miss.

Yeah I never got the hype with Gray. He’s one of the best clutch players though.

Sky

Prince Pretty
Feb 14, 2021
ADL
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
Yeah I never got the hype with Gray. He’s one of the best clutch players though.

I still remember when Ryder & Gray combined and won Port a game in the last minute against St Kilda. Worst game I’ve ever seen live in my life but found it funny half the stadium walked out before Port won. Classic Power

Falcon3518

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
He was a superstar. Not getting the hype with him exactly sums up why people don't rate your opinion

Dumb comment since he’s like the only person in this thread with Gray in the team and he follows port. Your comment is probably why nobody takes you seriously on BF. Have you ever posted something intellectual? All I’ve seen from you is sarcasm and insults. You belong in the Bay mate.

eth-dog

Tier 1 WW Player
Jan 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
Dumb comment since he’s like the only person in this thread with Gray in the team and he follows port. Your comment is probably why nobody takes you seriously on BF. Have you ever posted something intellectual? All I’ve seen from you is sarcasm and insults. You belong in the Bay mate.

The word is "intelligent". Which you would know if you were intelligent instead of pretending that you were.

Robbie Gray is a fair dinkum star and has been since his first year.

PrinceCharles

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Not being in everyone's team of their lifetime doesn't make them not a superstar. A lot of superstars missed out in every team posted.

HugeJohnson

Just hanging out
Apr 25, 2009
Some point in space and time
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Fev over Lloyd?

Both were superstar players but in my opinion Fev was more talented. Essendon had a great team around Lloyd which arguably helped his cause, Fev played for a basket case. No doubt he was the bigger dickhead too but in my team, I'd prefer peak Fev. It's much of a muchness though, you get a great player either way you lean.

Yeah I'm obviously biased, I've watched more Port games than any other team so of course I notice our players more than others. This is my team, there is no right or wrong, it's all opinion. Gray was an absolute superstar at his peak and won a lot of games off his own boot. Those that don't rate him just didn't watch enough Port Adelaide games. If he played for a Vic club he'd probably be spoken about like Dangerfield or Pendlebury. I'm comfortable with my choices, if you don't agree it's also fine.

Power Raid

We Exist To Win Premierships
Oct 15, 2004
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fremantle
to many to choose from, so I went an older side and more modern side (trying to marry up similar types of players)

B:WanganeenSilvagniGlendinningMcLeodLakeScarlett
HB:DoullDenchRoosHB:EnrightRanceRiccuito
C:FlowerEbertSMichaelC:BuckleyMartinGoodes
HF:RobranRichoBlightHF:Ablett SnrFranklinHird
F:MatthewsLockettBartlettF:BettsCareyAker

R:
MaddenWilliamsKellyR:CoxJuddAblett Jnr.
INT:KoutaGreigINT:FyfeDanger
JezzaMRioliVossSBurger
EMG:FletcherCableDunstallEMG:RiewoltHarveyJackovich
KnightsKouta
Coach:MatthewsCoach Clarkson

Last edited:

Falcon3518

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
The word is "intelligent". Which you would know if you were intelligent instead of pretending that you were.

Robbie Gray is a fair dinkum star and has been since his first year.

I didn’t say he wasn’t a star, where are you getting that from? I just don’t think he’s lifetime team worthy. Am I allowed to think that or nah?

Falcon3518

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Not being in everyone's team of their lifetime doesn't make them not a superstar. A lot of superstars missed out in every team posted.

Exactly right, that’s why I didn’t call him a dud. I just said hype because he’s good but not that good to be lifetime team worthy imo.

Last edited:

Falcon3518

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Both were superstar players but in my opinion Fev was more talented. Essendon had a great team around Lloyd which arguably helped his cause, Fev played for a basket case. No doubt he was the bigger dickhead too but in my team, I'd prefer peak Fev. It's much of a muchness though, you get a great player either way you lean.

Yeah I'm obviously biased, I've watched more Port games than any other team so of course I notice our players more than others. This is my team, there is no right or wrong, it's all opinion. Gray was an absolute superstar at his peak and won a lot of games off his own boot. Those that don't rate him just didn't watch enough Port Adelaide games. If he played for a Vic club he'd probably be spoken about like Dangerfield or Pendlebury. I'm comfortable with my choices, if you don't agree it's also fine.

Yeah each to their own, I’m not bagging him. He is a very good player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sttew

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 28, 2006
Who's asking?
AFL Club
Geelong
to many to choose from, so I went an older side and more modern side (trying to marry up similar types of players)

R:
MaddenR:CoxJuddAblett Jnr.
INT:KoutaWilliamsINT:FyfeDanger
JezzaMRioliVossSBurger
EMG:FletcherCableDunstallEMG:RiewoltHarvey
Coach:MatthewsCoach:Clarkson
Not sure what your age cut off was but GAS finished mid 90’s so probably doesn’t fit in your 2nd team?

Power Raid

We Exist To Win Premierships
Oct 15, 2004
West Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Fremantle
Not sure what your age cut off was but GAS finished mid 90’s so probably doesn’t fit in your 2nd team?

it was more the fact that robran played before ablett and I couldn't leave blight out of the side.

PrinceCharles

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Exactly right, that’s why I didn’t call him a dud. I just said hype because he’s good but not that good to be lifetime team worthy imo.

But you said no one else had him in their team, so where's the hype coming from?

You're probably too young to remember, but there was a 3-4 year period where he was a top 5 player in the game.

Falcon3518

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
But you said no one else had him in their team, so where's the hype coming from?

You're probably too young to remember, but there was a 3-4 year period where he was a top 5 player in the game.

Hype from non-vic supporters, specifically Port. He almost won a Brownlow yeah? That’s good, but so did Selwood and most people don’t have him in and he’s better than Gray imo. Am I being unreasonable?

Engimal v3

https://www.stan.com.au/sport
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tasmania

Hype from non-vic supporters, specifically Port. He almost won a Brownlow yeah? That’s good, but so did Selwood and most people don’t have him in and he’s better than Gray imo. Am I being unreasonable?

You guys started arguing, arrived at an agreement, and then started arguing again lol

PrinceCharles

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

What are you even talking about?

Sky

Prince Pretty
Feb 14, 2021
ADL
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Raptors, Storm, Chelsea
did anyone notice that bloke deleted his team? The guy who put Heppell in at 2am

Jascave

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2005
Sandringham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers

R:
MaddenWilliamsKellyR:CoxJuddAblett Jnr.
INT:KoutaGreigINT:FyfeDanger
JezzaMRioliVossSBurger
EMG:FletcherCableDunstallEMG:RiewoltHarveyJackovich
Coach:MatthewsCoach:Clarkson
Imagine if these two teams played against each other-the matchups would be fascinating to watch:

Silvagni v Carey
Dench v Franklin
Ebert v Martin
Enright v Robran
Goodes v Stephen Michael
Madden v Cox
Willams v Judd
Rance v Lockett

PrinceCharles

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
You asked where I heard the hype from buddy. You got amnesia?

You said you never got the hype with Gray.

To which someone replied he was a superstar.

You then said that was a dumb comment because he was only in one person's team of their lifetime.

Then I said there were lots of superstars left out of everyone's team.

To which you said 'exactly right, I just said hype because he's good but not lifetime team worthy'.

Then I asked where the hype is coming from as you said only one person had him in their team.

You then went on about mystery non-vic supporters, the Brownlow and some weird comparison to Selwood.

I can only assume you just type whatever you happen to be thinking at any given moment.

Falcon3518

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
You said you never got the hype with Gray.

To which someone replied he was a superstar.

You then said that was a dumb comment because he was only in one person's team of their lifetime.

Then I said there were lots of superstars left out of everyone's team.

To which you said 'exactly right, I just said hype because he's good but not lifetime team worthy'.

Then I asked where the hype is coming from as you said only one person had him in their team.

You then went on about mystery non-vic supporters, the Brownlow and some weird comparison to Selwood.

I can only assume you just type whatever you happen to be thinking at any given moment.

Wtf don’t you get, I think he’s a great player but I believe anybody that has him in an all time team is overrating him. Thus I think he’s overrated and I don’t get the hype. You need to go back to school.

Btw I said your comment was dumb not his for saying he’s a superstar. Jesus mate you must be on the good stuff.

I’ve heard many non-vic people outside of BF that imo rate him to highly. That’s the hype I’m hearing. Don’t know what you don’t understand about the Selwood comparison. Selwoods better and not even in the team. So if you put in gray over him that again is overrating him.

Remove this Banner Ad