AFL Teams delisting, retire, trades (update p4)

Remove this Banner Ad

McLarty?
If you were ever going to get a game as a KPP... this year was the year.
Tracking towards being a bust?

No - not at all. Big guys take some more time
Gee can't see too many from that list leaving.

Alex Fasolo 8 Restricted Free Agent-trade?
Adam Oxley 6 Non-Free Agent-gone/delist
Kayle Kirby 2 Non-Free Agent-illness/retire?
Jarryd Blair 10 Unrestricted Free Agent-retire:(
Samuel Murray 1 Non-Free Agent-Ban
Josh Smith 3 Non-Free Agent-??

Think this is pretty close to the one's we will see moved on. Oxley, Kirby and Sam Murray are straight delist at the end of season. Just cannot see any rationale from the club for keeping Murray on the list.

Fasolo would be happy to trade. Blair and Josh Smith are not worth anything from a trade perspective but are good foot soldiers so would not be against them being on the rookie list if the rules allow that.

No - not at all. Big guys take some more time

Think this is pretty close to the one's we will see moved on. Oxley, Kirby and Sam Murray are straight delist at the end of season. Just cannot see any rationale from the club for keeping Murray on the list.

Fasolo would be happy to trade. Blair and Josh Smith are not worth anything from a trade perspective but are good foot soldiers so would not be against them being on the rookie list if the rules allow that.

Hopefully Kirby's heart condition gets a good report supporting a return to footy and we can keep him on our rookie list. Much better option than Blair or Smith. If not, then all 3 gone.

Pies will make 5-7 list changes ourselves.

Murray, Kirby, Blair, Oxley, Broomhead, Fasolo, Smith,

I'd say only 1-2 from that group are still with us next year
I think Broomhead at least one year.

I just found both Brisbane (7), St Kilda (7) and North (7) with their early clean out, could be big players during the period and reckon that there may be more to come. Surprised with only 4 from Carlton, are they kidding?:)

There will be plenty more to come...I assume that they hope some of their players have some currency that they can use in a trade

Always hate this time of year.
For many players, read human beings, the dream is over.
And we all know the dream that all players of our game have from the early years, get drafted, become a regular senior player, kick the winning goal after the siren.
For some, the dream isn’t over, but it’s very dependent on the club that desists you.
Delisted by Richmond?
Fair chance you may get a lifeline elsewhere.
Delisted by Carlton?
Game over!

Always hate this time of year.
For many players, read human beings, the dream is over.
And we all know the dream that all players of our game have from the early years, get drafted, become a regular senior player, kick the winning goal after the siren.
For some, the dream isn’t over, but it’s very dependent on the club that desists you.
Delisted by Richmond?
Fair chance you may get a lifeline elsewhere.
Delisted by Carlton?
Game over!
You raise a good point about being delisted by Richmond.

Given they are now likely making space in the cap for Lynch, and a lot of players are tearing up the VFL but can't break into the side, there's a good chance a lot will explore opportunities elsewhere.

Unfortunately a lot of people on the Richmond board are under the impression every single one of their out of contract players will re-sign for unders because of a warm and fuzzy feeling they get by being at Richmond. I'm sorry, but that's not human nature. It may be the case for some players, but certainly not all.

And I'm not saying that just because I dislike Richmond. I wouldn't expect a lot of players at any club, even Collingwood, to do that. It's why I certainly don't begrudge Fasolo looking to explore other opportunities. Dude is a decent player when he's on, but he can't even get named as an emergency the week after kicking five in the VFL. We shouldn't expect him to just stick around playing in the Magoo's out of some emotion to wearing black and white stripes.

Ch7 reports Geelong going to get Dollhouse & maybe Jack Steven.

brown-paper-bags-500x500.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McLarty is a solid size and was an excellent junior KPP. If he doesn’t have more footy nous or ability than Mason Cox, then I’m a monkey’s uncle. McLarty has spent the whole season running around in the VFL, being an AFL emergency whilst that other bag of dicks has goofed around the forward line basically getting in the way.
Incidentally, tap/ruck work is over-rated (See Richmond)...
And “providing a contest” doesn’t really happen enough, as Cox drops as many as he grabs and repeatedly gets out-bodied by opponents a whole foot shorter than him.
If I were McLarty, I’d get my manager to test the waters and then GTFO if opportunities arise.

Cox has the 3rd most contested marks in the AFL in 2018 from what I understand.

Take off the blinkers.

I'd also like to offer Reid and Wells 50% of their last years wage to retire, that would open up 6 spots.
I'm quite positive they'll say no in that situation and enforce their contracts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back