AFL Teams delisting, retire, trades (update p4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know if I can paste excel sheet in post without losing format?

robertg22 does this kind of thing for the didaka ...

... I think he just does a screen capture of the spreadsheet, and then uploads the .jpg screen capture.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Without Snoop or Knightmare collating a list management thread as yet I was curious about the thoughts of others on our delistings. This seems like as good a thread to discuss them as any.

For going on 7-8 years we’ve perennially cut a guy that has blindsided fans on here and this year I’ve got an eery feeling it’s going to be McLarty.

He’s not up to it as a ruckman, IMO. I’m not yet convinced he’s a forward and I fear the club threw him into the forward/ ruck role because they had concerns over his mobility as a backman. AFAIK he doesn’t have a contract for 2019 and with Reid receiving a deal ahead of him I’m not convinced he’s safe.

Free Agents list, restricted and unrestricted:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/trade/free-agency

We have 3 unrestricted, Blair, Fasolo and Goldsack.

Trade period key dates:
The key dates for delisted free agents are as follows:
Wednesday, 31 October 2pm:
List Lodgement (1)
Thursday, 1 November: AFL delisted player free agency period (1) starts
Thursday, 8 November: AFL delisted player free agency period (1) closes
Saturday, 10 November: AFL delisted player free agency period (2) starts
Friday, 16 November 5pm: AFL delisted player free agency period (2) closes
Friday, 23 November 1.30pm – 2.30pm: AFL delisted player free agency period (3)
Tuesday, 27 November 2pm: Final AFL club list lodgement

Friday, 5 October: Restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period starts.
Monday, 8 October 10am: NAB AFL Trade Period starts.
Friday, 12 October 5pm: Close of restricted free agency offer and unrestricted free agency period.
Monday, 15 October 2pm: AFL restricted free agency matching offer three-day period ends.
Wednesday, 17 October 8.30pm: NAB AFL Trade Period closes (for exchange of players).
Friday, 16 November 2pm: NAB AFL Trade Period closes (for exchange of selections only).

Tuesday, 2 October – Friday 5 October: AFL Draft Combine.
Friday, 5 October: Victoria / NEAFL / Tasmania State Draft Combine.
Saturday, 13 October: South Australian Draft Combine.
Sunday, 14 October: West Australian Draft Combine.

Thursday, 22 November 7pm – 9.30pm: NAB AFL Draft (Round One).
Friday, 23 November 10am – 1.30pm: NAB AFL Draft (Round Two onwards to conclusion).
Friday, 23 November 5pm: NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft and NAB AFL Rookie Draft.

Mark W

All Australian
Sep 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Without Snoop or Knightmare collating a list management thread as yet I was curious about the thoughts of others on our delistings. This seems like as good a thread to discuss them as any.

For going on 7-8 years we’ve perennially cut a guy that has blindsided fans on here and this year I’ve got an eery feeling it’s going to be McLarty.

He’s not up to it as a ruckman, IMO. I’m not yet convinced he’s a forward and I fear the club threw him into the forward/ ruck role because they had concerns over his mobility as a backman. AFAIK he doesn’t have a contract for 2019 and with Reid receiving a deal ahead of him I’m not convinced he’s safe.

Interesting post and certainly a possibility...

I've been a long term McLarty sceptic, and have been worried by his lack of pace/mobility since I first saw him in the 2017 pre-season, but not even I would do that yet. 2 years really isn't much development time for a young KP player. I really want to see how McLarty goes if he can present with an AFL standard body and tank next year ie lose some body fat and get fitter. Look at the difference it made to Sier this year!

Mind you, that Madgen was preferred to him in our injury crisis of this year is a deadset worry. Madge didnt look anywhere near AFL level to me

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Interesting post and certainly a possibility...

I've been a long term McLarty sceptic, and have been worried by his lack of pace/mobility since I first saw him in the 2017 pre-season, but not even I would do that yet. 2 years really isn't much development time for a young KP player. I really want to see how McLarty goes if he can present with an AFL standard body and tank next year ie lose some body fat and get fitter. Look at the difference it made to Sier this year!

Mind you, that Madgen was preferred to him in our injury crisis of this year is a deadset worry. Madge didnt look anywhere near AFL level to me

Without even factoring in the positional aspects of that, I think it was more about form and consistency at the time the vacancy arose rather than reflecting preferences. Madgen was playing good footy pretty consistently at VFL level. McLarty was battling a few niggles and struggling to impact games.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Still wants to play apparently. Swans offered him an off field job but he rejected.

Showed he can still cut the mustard at senior level when he returned. Surprised they weren't willing to put him on the rookie list for another year to see what eventuates.

robertg22 does this kind of thing for the didaka ...

... I think he just does a screen capture of the spreadsheet, and then uploads the .jpg screen capture.

You can just copy the cells in excel and paste into paint, then save as a jpg - even easier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

I now think McLarty may be best suited to full back rather than ruck forward role. Either way he may be second string behind Cox and Dunn (or May) for most of his early career.

Think he is still 18 months from peaking. Other big men like McKay, Weiderman taken a year earlier and only now coming good.

Mistake to cut IMO... but you're right, players can and do get cut unexpectedly. In recent years, I thought Goodyear could've been given more than 2 years...and given his run ... could've been refashioned into a rebounding defender.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory

McLarty doesn't have a lot of players in his age group and position to compete with. I reckon he's safe.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
I hope we make as little list changes as possible. Keep the list chemistry going.

There’s a few players I’d like to offer up like Langdon and Phillips but unless we’re getting something premium in return I’d rather keep them.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus

I think Max Lynch might be the blindside cut.

North ACTUALLY got someone who ACTUALLY wants to go to North:eek:
Amazing isn’t, good player, but l don’t think he is worth the money quoted

Schraderbrau

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Showed he can still cut the mustard at senior level when he returned. Surprised they weren't willing to put him on the rookie list for another year to see what eventuates.
By the time he gets back he'll probably be 28 and Sydney look like they're getting near the end of their cycle anyhow. Very sad for Johnson but can understand Sydney's position and a doubt many clubs would have been as patient as they have been tbh

Wills will ask to leave and don't be surprised if Crocker does too.

Also not sure if Greenwood will be around.

We have too many 29± ages on our list.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why would Crocker go, when just signed an extension

Remove this Banner Ad

Back