Mega Thread AFL to investigate Essendon for controversial fitness program - PART2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
ACC are investigating all sport. Do you really think the Government would investigate one AFL club?

We called ASADA. They're investigating us. Fact.

I think they would.

If you think of Essendon, or any club, as an organisation that generates millions of dollars it makes perfect sense for the ACC to investigate one AFL club.

Beer n Skittles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Rampage
so ACC weren't involved in this article???
You've held up the fact that ASADA met Essendon officials for the first time this week as proof that page 17 in the ACC report wasn't referring to Essendon.
No, there's no mention of the ACC in this article.
you are beyond redemption. I'm sorry your tiny brain won't consider outcomes other than what you had already determined was the truth
Didn't seem Grizzly was claiming any truths, merely stating that you shouldn't accuse his club of drug cheating in an attempt to rebut accusations made toward Essendon

Seems fair to assume that Essendon would be involved in the ACC's investigation, given that the imminent release of their report was the catalyst for Essendon sacking Robinson and asking ASADA to do their own investigation.

Sep 15, 2006
Wodonga
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
ACC are investigating all sport. Do you really think the Government would investigate one AFL club?

Fact....the ACC have already conducted the investigations do you not understand what the report was about?

Fact....names of all those that the ACC have uncovered has been passed on to the relevant state authorities, VicPol for instance and ASADA.

Fact....ACC and ASADA are separate organizations, the ACC operates at a pseudo spook agency, ASADA would not have been privy to the investigation until ACC released the report.

Seems fair to assume that Essendon would be involved in the ACC's investigation, given that the imminent release of their report was the catalyst for Essendon sacking Robinson and asking ASADA to do their own investigation.
We haven't sacked Robinson.

austinthedog

Senior List
Jul 5, 2005
up north
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
bombers
A

ACC are an intelligence gathering agency that cannot prosecute. Any intelligence or information gathered is passed onto the relevant state/ federal police force for further investigation.

They would have plenty of intel, but hard evidence is what they need, hence the minister calling for people to hand them selves in!

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
You've held up the fact that ASADA met Essendon officials for the first time this week as proof that page 17 in the ACC report wasn't referring to Essendon.
No, there's no mention of the ACC in this article.

Isn't there?

On Friday, ASADA met officials from Essendon for the first time. It now seems that while the Australian Crime Commission had suspicions regarding certain individuals at Essendon, ASADA only moved to investigate the club after it reported itself to the AFL this week
yeah. No mention at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

come off it Echols. I'm not pointing this at you, but that article appears to distinguish between "individuals" and "club that had coaches and officials systematically doping".

Now it's merely "still possible"? Gimme a break dude. Either the distinction applies or it doesn't. It's a bit rich to admonish Essendon because it's "still possible" when we've been eating it all week based on "joining the dots".

Again, not accusing you specifically here
See Grizz's post.

The investigation into just what was being administered is still to be completed. There's still every chance that Essendon/players could face bans from ASADA.

The_Ru

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2003
Ballarat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That's it?

Forgive me for not being terrified.
So they're not proof of connections to shady characters? They couldn't conceivably have led to an investigation of Dank and the EFC?

Again, I don't know if Essendon are guilty, but if this were North I wouldn't be assuming we were off the hook. For the benefit if my own sanity and credibility.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm pleased to hear you admit we won't know.

But there has been unbridled assertions that that team is us. We came forward when it was known there was an investigation, and asked for ASADA to ensure we were ok. That's why we came forward. How is that any proof of guilt?
oh you make it all seem so innocent and above board. "hey guys at ASADA, can you please come down to double check that everything we are doing down here is all clean and legit... just because we are sticklers for the rules"

A
ACC are an intelligence gathering agency that cannot prosecute. Any intelligence or information gathered is passed onto the relevant state/ federal police force for further investigation.

They would have plenty of intel, but hard evidence is what they need, hence the minister calling for people to hand them selves in!
The pertinent point. Some players are feeling the squeeze already.

SPREWELL

Senior List
Feb 20, 2012
East
AFL Club
Essendon
people expressing shock at this report are the most naive people in the world. IF, but, maybe....Classic stuff. We have spent a year searching. Arrested no one. But we will. But do come forward.

It is an election year.

Dons injected. Injected lots. Cocktails perhaps. But not one iota will be proven illegal. Nor was anything done against players will (this is where the lawsuits will start). Caro has already started back peddling. Dank may be unethical in terms of boundaries pushed, non conventional substances and his relationship with crooks (through business) was the catalyst for the ACC going to the AFL/Essendon. HOWEVER, if he is proven innocent in regard to Essendon then Caro, Ralphy in particular (against will injections), Robbo better lube right up. Because this man is never working again.

Then comes the Essendon response.

I have gone from mortified and angry at the club. To reslient and disgusted at the media. The truth is coming now and those that revelled in this to sell papers will get it.

Club still must sack Robson, maybe Bomber and Robinson for bringing this maverick into the club.

Hird needs to step up.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
Would it matter if they were? Still a world of pain. That's the point!

love the back-tracking. Do you think your club is 100% clean? Do you think Essendon are THE CLUB who systematically doped. Serious questions.

oh you make it all seem so innocent and above board. "hey guys at ASADA, can you please come down to double check that everything we are doing down here is all clean and legit... just because we are sticklers for the rules"
again I'm not wasting time with dickheads who can't be bothered reading the thread. If you can't be bothered understanding my position vis a vis our potential problems then why should I yet again point it out. You're the one who looks like a clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back