Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Would you guys hypothetically do pick 35 + pick 37 (after WBD bid) for 2022 2nd + pick 56?
I would rather give away 51 and 56 for pick 40

Gives you a better 3rd pick (which i believe will be your last)

Would be no point us keeping 51 and 56 if we get 2 picks in the 30s as it would it make it 3 picks for us, although we would consider a 4th if the right player is there

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would rather give away 51 and 56 for pick 40

Gives you a better 3rd pick (which i believe will be your last)

Would be no point us keeping 51 and 56 if we get 2 picks in the 30s as it would it make it 3 picks for us, although we would consider a 4th if the right player is there
We can't do that trade given list spot restrictions.

And the whole point of us trading out to get a strong future pick.

A future 2nd will have to be involved in any situation.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
How many list spots do you have available?
We have 6 spots, and we have 6 picks.

Regardless there's just no reason under any circumstance to do 40 for 51 + 56. They're pretty much equivalent in points and we have to use an extra list spot lol

So by doing this trade we would actually be losing about 210 points.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
We have 6 spots, and we have 6 picks.

Regardless there's just no reason under any circumstance to do 40 for 51 + 56. They're pretty much equivalent in points and we have to use an extra list spot lol
It would essentially be 48 and 52 after Darcy bid at pick 2 for pick 40

Essentially an extra 130 points so it would definitely service a need in that way

But as you say not much point if youve only got 6 open spots considering youd have pick 54 (was 58) doing nothing

I can see a trade making sense between the 2 clubs with the picks we are discussing, what exactly that is im not sure

How many picks are pies taking in the AFL draft?

Last edited:
Would you guys hypothetically do pick 35 + pick 37 (after WBD bid) for 2022 2nd + pick 56?
We are looking to use our future second to get into the top 25 this year.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
It would essentially be 48 and 52 after Darcy bid at pick 2 for pick 40

Essentially an extra 130 points so it would definitely service a need in that way

But as you say not much point if youve only got 6 open spots considering youd have pick 54 (was 58) doing nothing

I can see a trade making sense between the 2 clubs with the picks we are discussing, what exactly that is im not sure

How many picks are pies taking in the AFL draft?
It won't be, because by gaining 48 and 52, we lose pick 40, and we also won't be able to use our original pick 53 (58) that we are taking to the draft.

I don't think anyone is trading a top 25 pick for your future 2nd.
I said 'use' to imply something else would need to be added. Either way, I don't see any takers. Certainly wouldn't need to be using it for a couple of mid 30's picks.
So, to answer your question - Essendon aren't interested in the 30s picks unless it helps us get into the top 25 (read as not interested).

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
It won't be, because by gaining 48 and 52, we lose pick 40, and we also won't be able to use our original pick 53 (58) that we are taking to the draft.
So with keeping your current stock and Daicos bid at pick 4 (Darcy 2)

Pick 4 - Daicos
Pick 42
Pick 51
Pick 60 (Leftover points)

Trading 51(48) + 56 (52) to pies for 40

Pick 4 - Daicos
Pick 44 (From Essendon)
Pick 48 (From Essendon)
Pick 60 (Leftover Points - Wont be more picks than this)

** Not including impact of (Fahey, Windhager, Owens) as they should impact each pick the same **

So it would be 42 + 51 vs 44 + 48

But i guess there is little to no gain and based on this i guess you guys would be after that F2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do we consider F2 + Pick 48 (pick 52 would become a waste) for Pick 36 and 38 from the pies (Im not so sure). Issue is we have no idea whos left available at those picks as the trade has to be done before the Daicos pick

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It might be interesting to see what the cats/dogs trade is. I always thought the dogs would be after a Future pick not 2 x 30 picks. Maybe we can get involved after that trades done depending on what it is

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Prochard123

F2 (~28) + Pick 48 + Pick 52 for 36 + 38 + F3 (Tied to Richmond) ?

Last edited:

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
So with keeping your current stock and Daicos bid at pick 4 (Darcy 2)

Pick 4 - Daicos
Pick 42
Pick 51
Pick 60 (Leftover points)

Trading 51(48) + 56 (52) to pies for 40

Pick 4 - Daicos
Pick 44 (From Essendon)
Pick 48 (From Essendon)
Pick 60 (Leftover Points - Wont be more picks than this)

** Not including impact of (Fahey, Windhager, Owens) as they should impact each pick the same **

So it would be 42 + 51 vs 44 + 48

But i guess there is little to no gain and based on this i guess you guys would be after that F2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do we consider F2 + Pick 52 for Pick 36 and 38 from the pies (Im not so sure). Issue is we have no idea whos left available at those picks as the trade has to be done before the Daicos pick

It might be interesting to see what the cats/dogs trade is. I always thought the dogs would be after a Future pick not 2 x 30 picks. Maybe we can get involved after that trades done depending on what it is
I'm not sure where any of these picks come from, but ultimately the 2 picks you are proposing add up to roughly the pick we are giving up, plus we lose a further pick which creates a net loss.

Fahey, Windhager, Owens are all irrelevant since this trade has be done before pick 4.

If WBD takes pick 30 (Geelong's best 2nd rounder) + future pick that's still not enough points to match Darcy at 2.

The issue you mentioned is an assumed risk that's common across almost every pick swap. If we are to give up 2x late 2nd rounders it makes sense that we at least get your mid 2nd rounder in return.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I'm not sure where any of these picks come from, but ultimately the 2 picks you are proposing add up to roughly the pick we are giving up, plus we lose a further pick which creates a net loss.

Fahey, Windhager, Owens are all irrelevant since this trade has be done before pick 4.

If WBD takes pick 30 (Geelong's best 2nd rounder) + future pick that's still not enough points to match Darcy at 2.

The issue you mentioned is an assumed risk that's common across almost every pick swap. If we are to give up 2x late 2nd rounders it makes sense that we at least get your mid 2nd rounder in return.

Thats what the picks end up after bids

As i said Fahey, Windhager, Owens are irrelevant because they impact each pick the same if all inside and incl. pick 41

I proposed this
F2 (~28) + Pick 48 + Pick 52 for 36 + 38 + F3 (Tied to Richmond) ?

Which maybe is similar to what you originally had, cant remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back