Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what even is a contract in the AFL now a days
There are what 700 plus players. How many contracts get broken every year ? on top of that how many players break the contracts ?
Most generally are players wanting to go home.

There are what 700 plus players. How many contracts get broken every year ? on top of that how many players break the contracts ?
Most generally are players wanting to go home.
Far more than there used to be, randomly.

But when they're broken you get paid out 😛

I am not against hitting the draft, don't get me wrong.

But going after a Deven Robertson or Jack Bytel, being a young mid with leadership qualities would have been ideal.
Wouldn’t be hard to sell money and opportunity to bytel. Players just want to play afl. Think he’d prefer that than trotting out at Trevor barker oval.

Essendon players launched into new president David Barham on Friday morning for his lack of consultation over the club’s late, ill-fated attempt to convince Alastair Clarkson to coach the club while senior coach Ben Rutten was still in the chair.

Sources familiar with the situation said Barham was not surprised at the angst being directed towards him as he attempted to explain to players what motivated the board’s decisions.

Wonder if this will lead to a walkout.

Wonder if this will lead to a walkout.
They should have a look in the mirror before they worry about what truck is dealing with. What happened on Sunday again. Or round 1. Or against Sydney.
Let’s see who has a crack tomorrow night although most of their thoughts are about packing their bags for Europe.

Why should under performing players have any say whatsoever on if we change coaches or not
Hurley, Heppel last games so I'd really like to see leaders beyond that show some really strong leadership and make political statement to the club. Not going to put up with this poor board mgmt and governance. That leadership may be galvanizing the group, public criticisms of the club or requesting a trade. (Will mean coping heat but something to show enough is enough 20 years of this crap is to long.

Why should under performing players have any say whatsoever on if we change coaches or not
If you treat the coach poorly and screw him over do you think anyone would want to treat the club with any sort of loyalty after this?

Not just the under-performers but the next generation we’re counting on too.

We need leaders - more outspoken players.
Players with a bit of X factor, personality about them.

Were very bland apart from Redman, draper and hind. Stringer when up.

But doesn't seem to a lot of passion in the rest.

We need leaders - more outspoken players.
Players with a bit of X factor, personality about them.

Were very bland apart from Redman, draper and hind. Stringer when up.

But doesn't seem to a lot of passion in the rest.
now that you mention it, wonder how well Kyle Reimers had of panned out if we took the punt on him long term. Out there character but he certainly had tricks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reimers would have fitted right in.

Lack of professionalism, and defensive accountability.

Players and supporters don't hold the club to high standards. We can't blame the AFL wada for this but still haven't seen any petitions or member led board spills or sack dodo/,shreds yet we have had the worst results on field over 20 years.

Hurley, Heppel last games so I'd really like to see leaders beyond that show some really strong leadership and make political statement to the club. Not going to put up with this poor board mgmt and governance. That leadership may be galvanizing the group, public criticisms of the club or requesting a trade. (Will mean coping heat but something to show enough is enough 20 years of this crap is to long.

Has there been a statement from the club saying it's Heppell's last game?

Nope. Contract still in front of him but why would he.

GC seems a better fit. More cash, better chance at finals, less toxic culture and environment.

I'm not sure GC has offered him a contract. If they do end up offering him that rumoured 2 years plus a chance to move into coaching he'd be crazy not to seriously consider it.

OK so we have potentially 7 list spots opening.
Retired:
Hurley
Smith
AMT
(715 games experience if I am not mistaken assuming Heppell goes too)

Heppell -seems like he is done. Retirement or GC we will see.

Delist:
Francis
Ham
Cutler

Are my 3 certainties but Waterman is questionable too

Who might get elevated from RL ? since we don't have to elevate Martin , right ?

Delist Hind
Trade Parish

Delist
Cutler
Francis
Ham
Waterman
McDonagh
Stewart
Laverde

Can’t delist because of contract but please don’t lock them in to the 22 next year
Hind
Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back