Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i rate him but at 33 we'd have him for 5 minutes, i know you only want him as a stop gap but ideally we'd get at least a few years out of someone who can become depth as someone overtakes them.
also he's a best 22 player in a top 4 side so i wouldn't see him leaving unless we give him too much money or too many years.

it's also worth noting that he plays his best footy on a wing, which isn't where we'd want a stopgap player
He’s been in the twos a bit this year, hence why I thought he’d be in his last season.

Nope, we want a big bodied mid to protect our smaller midfield. So why not if he’s still fit?
jiFfM.jpg

He's 33 and in-and-out of his current team, playing a position we're actually pretty well off in.
I actually thought he was more of an inside mid. Checked his stats, he isn’t 🤣

read an article today suggesting we could have close to $2m in cap space at years end. Surely we must be in trouble of paying the floor if that is true
You can pay 95% of the cap a few years if you choose. I’d keep most of the cash this year and go after someone at the end of next year. Take our picks get more talent. Really don’t think paying Brayshaw 700+ is worth it. oliver is a free agent next year. I’d tempt him with a mill plus.

You can pay 95% of the cap a few years if you choose. I’d keep most of the cash this year and go after someone at the end of next year. Take our picks get more talent. Really don’t think paying Brayshaw 700+ is worth it. oliver is a free agent next year. I’d tempt him with a mill plus.
The salary cap is $13.4m, so if we have $2m I cap space we are still $1.3m away from the Salary floor of 95% (12.7m) to carry it over.

We have to spend it on someone, so heavily front ending a Brayshaw contract and/or taking on someone else's problem (see Peter Wright for example) will almost be required

We could also e re structure some contracts/extensions we have already agreed to already (i.e Ridley, Stringer, Shiel) or about to agree to (McGrath, Langford) to bring some money forward into next year to mean we turn them into front ended deals and free some more cap space down the line.

The salary cap is $13.4m, so if we have $2m I cap space we are still $1.3m away from the Salary floor of 95% (12.7m) to carry it over.

We have to spend it on someone, so heavily front ending a Brayshaw contract and/or taking on someone else's problem (see Peter Wright for example) will almost be required

We could also e re structure some contracts/extensions we have already agreed to already (i.e Ridley, Stringer, Shiel) or about to agree to (McGrath, Langford) to bring some money forward into next year to mean we turn them into front ended deals and free some more cap space down the line.
Contract increases for players. We can always move more money into next year and front load contracts. Making even more space on the back end.

This is essentially why I would have no problem paying out a guy like Devon Smith who is (a) contracted for 2023, but (b) also would be on some ok coin to pay out and include in our salary cap.

Im not across all the players in the trade market right now but surely there are some Will Brodie's, Luke Dunstan's out there. Id hazard a guess that Gold Coast &/or GWS may be wanting some salary cap space, maybe look at the Dogs to do them (and us) a favour by taking on a salary dump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is essentially why I would have no problem paying out a guy like Devon Smith who is (a) contracted for 2023, but (b) also would be on some ok coin to pay out and include in our salary cap.

Im not across all the players in the trade market right now but surely there are some Will Brodie's, Luke Dunstan's out there. Id hazard a guess that Gold Coast &/or GWS may be wanting some salary cap space, maybe look at the Dogs to do them (and us) a favour by taking on a salary dump.
I’d go and try and poach Flanders out of Gold Coast and turn him into a permanent forward and make him our toby greene type. Has great forward craft.

I’d go and try and poach Flanders out of Gold Coast and turn him into a permanent forward and make him our toby greene type. Has great forward craft.
Flanders is the one I think of straight away. Stuck well behind the mids they currently have in the AFL line up and now have a glut of medium forwards at AFL level. All while putting up decent numbers at the level below.

Flanders is the one I think of straight away. Stuck well behind the mids they currently have in the AFL line up and now have a glut of medium forwards at AFL level. All while putting up decent numbers at the level below.
Yeah and we’d selling him on the toby greene / Rachele type player role. We don’tneed him as a midfielder. Throw a decent offer, sell the role and try to get him to walk.

Griffin Logue

Brayshaw FA

Hope we have pick 2 and we trade it to Adelaide with our 3rd rounder for their 1st and 2nd rounders this year as they'll want Phillipou or Scully (whichever one isn't pick 1)
No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back