Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we look at Will Brodie again?

Or are we buying too much at a high price

If it helps facilitate a trade of L.Jackson to Fremantle

I dont believe hes signed past his first year
I do not want to make this about Parish but if we are bringing in Brodie then based on this years form he is Parish plus 10cm and 6kg.
We will be keeping Parish so what we really need is someone that does something different. We already have an issue wit Parish and Shiel needing to play the same role. If Brodie came in then Parish would have to play more forward as Brodie does only have one role and that is be at the contest. With Hobbs as well it will be a bit of a log jam of clearance players.
Brodie has proved me wrong this year but he has a specific role and it is the same as Parish and Shiel.
We really need our bigger midfielder to be more of a blocking type who can protect the contest a bit and get involved at stoppage.

Reckon bruhn is a small forward which we really need
you would offer 2nd and future 2nd to piss jason off!

I do not want to make this about Parish but if we are bringing in Brodie then based on this years form he is Parish plus 10cm and 6kg.
We will be keeping Parish so what we really need is someone that does something different. We already have an issue wit Parish and Shiel needing to play the same role. If Brodie came in then Parish would have to play more forward as Brodie does only have one role and that is be at the contest. With Hobbs as well it will be a bit of a log jam of clearance players.
Brodie has proved me wrong this year but he has a specific role and it is the same as Parish and Shiel.
We really need our bigger midfielder to be more of a blocking type who can protect the contest a bit and get involved at stoppage.
What does 'protect the contest' actually mean?

Its very interesting that he hasnt signed on this late in the year

Baz smith about to get another 2 years on big money youd think

Daniel and Dale both signed lengthy deals

Most clubs believe Rory Lobb will be at the dogs next year aswell, he is already on good coin and is looking for years and money

Money is what we can offer, aswell as his ideal role, hes still young enough to believe no matter which side he goes to that they can have a crack at it some point before retirement

Id assume F1 would be required, but maybe we can get involved in a 3 or 4 way trade with Jackson, Lobb, Dunkley moving around

I dont think we can offer joint captaincy? Can we. Id assume would dis hesrten the group too much. Maybe a VC position and future captaincy role

Last edited:

Most clubs believe Rory Lobb will be at the dogs next year aswell, he is already on good coin and is looking for years and money

Money is what we can offer, aswell as his ideal role, hes still young enough to believe no matter which side he goes to that they can have a crack at it some point before retirement

Id assume F1 would be required, but maybe we can get involved in a 3 or r way trade with Jackson, Lobb, Dunkley moving around

I dont think we can offer joint captaincy? Can we. Id assume would dis hesrten the group too much. Maybe a VC position and future captaincy role
Would be a definate point of difference for sure with his size and strength in the midfield. Would allow Perkins to continue to develop as a Mid/Fwd.

C: Martin Perkins Merrett
R: Draper Dunkley Parish

Rotation: Caldwell Shiel Hobbs Durham Langford Stringer

Would be a definate point of difference for sure with his size and strength in the midfield. Would allow Perkins to continue to develop as a Mid/Fwd.

C: Martin Perkins Merrett
R: Draper Dunkley Parish

Rotation: Caldwell Shiel Hobbs Durham Langford Stringer
Probably allows Zerrett onball more rather than finding a different role

The issue is giving up an F1, its border line. Wed want to improve a bit. Pick 6 for Dunkley, im not sure if im ok with that for example.

What does 'protect the contest' actually mean?
Block for the blokes like Parish so they can actually escape from the contest more often. Physical presence other than the player at the fall of the ball.

Id assume F1 would be required, but maybe we can get involved in a 3 or 4 way trade with Jackson, Lobb, Dunkley moving around

He is out of contract. I would be offering pick 20 as a starting point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fit the list back in 2020 and fits the list now. Makes a lot of sense for Essendon to chase him again.

I know Dogs will ask for a top 5 pick but that's obviously laughable given he is out of contract. He is worth a pick in the teens.
Should try and get our hands on Brisbanes first pick (this years and next years 2nd rounders or something similar) and offer that up to them. They probably expect a pick around 10 but it ain’t happening at this stage.

Fit the list back in 2020 and fits the list now. Makes a lot of sense for Essendon to chase him again.

I know Dogs will ask for a top 5 pick but that's obviously laughable given he is out of contract. He is worth a pick in the teens.
If they miss the 8 and we maintain pick 3 then I'd be okay with going 3 into Dunkley and 8-10. It's a risk, yes, but a calculated one. Make it a limited time offer and try to price North/WC out as a PSD threat

If they miss the 8 and we maintain pick 3 then I'd be okay with going 3 into Dunkley and 8-10. It's a risk, yes, but a calculated one. Make it a limited time offer and try to price North/WC out as a PSD threat
North just take away any leverage, theyd have plenty of money sitting around

Pick 3 has to be off the table. No chance.

Pick 20 as a frame work for an OOC midfielder that has never been AA or won a BnF is a perfectly reasonable starting offer, it's basically a first rounder and would have big on trade value for them on draft night.

Fleshing it out with swapping more picks in their favour is fine, but Pick 3 has to be off the table.

Pick 20 as a frame work for an OOC midfielder that has never been AA or won a BnF is a perfectly reasonable starting offer, it's basically a first rounder and would have big on trade value for them on draft night.

Fleshing it out with swapping more picks in their favour is fine, but Pick 3 has to be off the table.
We're in that awkward position where 3 is way overs, same with our F1 (if we struggle again next year which I think we will) but pick 21 (probably 22 considering North will likely get 19 as a PP) is comfortably unders. The only other option is getting another first round pick by trading someone out and then passing it on.

I would be interested.

He's apparently been free to a good home for a couple of years and nobody has taken him

No point of even starting the offer at pick 20 (will likely become pick 23), dogs would laugh dodoro out of the building.

GWS are already committed to Cogs and Kelly on the inside mid front. Ward is also still there.

They really like Taranto and Hopper but want to keep Green as 3rd banana in my opinion which pushes Taranto and Hopper further down the midfield pecking order. They've used Taranto forward at times.

They also have Bruhn, Stone, Callaghan.

And they still have O'Halloran.

This is without mentioning Whitfield, Greene, Ash, Perryman.

Something has to give there in my opinion, and you shouldn't need anymore than a pick in the 20s for someone like Hopper, or a token 4th for someone like O'Halloran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back