Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ch7 saying Ronald Fego Jr is going to be one of the guys training with us as a possible SSP.

Helpfully, I can also offer up exactly zero insight as to whether this a good thing or not. He seems cool though.
I know eDPS Has a big wrap on him (and would know more)

That's enough for me

Pretty sure Twomey in some of the AFL articles released had us linked to Preston and Fejo Jnr. I assume all Dodoro gave away to Cal was guys he knew wouldnt get drafted but we were still interested in as potential PSPs

Im happy we kept it for a few reasons:

1) With so much talent coming OOC from the most recent established franchises (Ben King, Taranto, Tom Green, Rankine, Lukosious)

2) I highly doubt a davey is bid inside our first pick even if 18 (extremely unlikely and i dont care if it is we have pick 18). I remember 12 months ago everyone saying how good Jase Burgoyne was and he was going to be a 1st rounder ect.... did anyone even bid on him in the end?

3) Our unknown of where we actually rank? Had a very easy draw and capitalised, also did we like many other clubs get an uptick from a new senior coach with fresh air?

Or did we have a bad run of injuries and play on our home deck in front of our crowd less than any other club over the past 2 years. Also seen as a young list on the improve.

Its hard to know where we sit. Id like to think im pretty confident we have Hawks, Gold Coast, Crows, Pies, North covered

I agree with the assessment of where we sit. Well I agree that it is very hard to assess.

I can see us improving next year, yet still falling back 3 spots on the ladder as Carlton, St Kilda and Richmond should go past us if they play to their potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fejo Jr is an obvious one.

I'm sticking with my man Rantall, too.

I'd send an invite to Austin Bradtke just to make sure that those genetics are put to the test and all possibilities are exhausted.

Waterman didn't start training until January and after a couple of other guys had gotten their thanks but no thanks.
A bit different as he received his invite late jan, and at that stage thought the previous guys weren’t up to it. All these guys have received their invites at the same time for 1 position. You can’t tell me it’s not a disadvantage if the other guys have an extra 2-3 weeks training and learning the essendon system and proving themselves to the coaches.

There seems to be something of a theme among the new draftees to the club. Having endurance, a contested body and a standout attribute to go along with that. Perhaps the contested body could be offset by being quick. Ignoring the height side of things, I like that the bigger bodies seem to have been given a higher value on the drafting criteria checklist.

I hope that SSP selections also follow suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back