Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fejo is the epitome of what the rookie list is about, not wasted, overpaid hacks like Jarad Polec because said club is poor at managing a list.
Was it not a final shot at trying to have him on another list next year?

Quite a few clubs did similar from memory
It's also an easy way of getting an extra ND rather than RD pick. Clubs would be stupid not to shuffle senior players around if they want that extra hit at talent (and, contra Greenwood, don't mind losing the player).

Disappointed with that exploitation too. All clubs do it. Within the rules but looks ordinary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re-rookieing/demotion is probably the stupidest thing in club list management ever.

Re-rookieing/demotion is probably the stupidest thing in club list management ever.
It forced Hugh Greenwood out and he landed at North, which is exactly why it exists.

Re-rookie-ing doesn’t happen automatically, they apply for the draft and if no one else values the player enough to jump in and sign or draft them then they’ll eventually end up in the rookie draft or as an SSP signing.

As a mechanism, I have no problem with a supplementary list, it just shouldn’t be called “rookie” as it’s become a misnomer.

Should extend the main list since they’re allowed to play anyway, and then mandate that a certain number of spots are 1 year deals for players under 23 who haven’t been on an AFL list before and weren’t drafted when they could’ve been, so effectively the same rule they’ve got in the VFL.

Someone posted this on BB.

There are spots up for grabs at the Bombers, who will audition a series of candidates before making a final call. Dylan Clarke, who was the last Essendon player delisted, will try to win back his spot from Monday, while Ronald Fejo jnr will also start training then. Tex Wanganeen – the son of club great and 1993 Brownlow medallist Gavin – will also be at The Hanger as a father-son invitee after being overlooked in the drafts. Nothing is locked in yet for Subiaco forward Nic Martin.

Source: Herald Sun

Someone posted this on BB.

There are spots up for grabs at the Bombers, who will audition a series of candidates before making a final call. Dylan Clarke, who was the last Essendon player delisted, will try to win back his spot from Monday, while Ronald Fejo jnr will also start training then. Tex Wanganeen – the son of club great and 1993 Brownlow medallist Gavin – will also be at The Hanger as a father-son invitee after being overlooked in the drafts. Nothing is locked in yet for Subiaco forward Nic Martin.

Source: Herald Sun

Clarke = no thanks.

Would love to keep him around to Captain the VFL squad for 3-4 years though.
Whispers surrounding Gleeson playing VFL for us next year. Nothing confirmed yet though. Wants another crack at it.

Whispers surrounding Gleeson playing VFL for us next year. Nothing confirmed yet though. Wants another crack at it.

Wouldn't surprise. Seems a one-club player. He's always been one of my favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously he wouldn’t be able to sponsor Dylan atm as he’s currently not on the list, not sure if he just assumed that meant dylan had stopped training.
I saw the tweet and this is what I assumed was meant too ^

Not training could be a lot of different things, first off he's not a first to fourth year player, so wouldn't be expected back anyway (though you'd think if you're fighting for a spot you'd do everything possible to get it), second I don't know if we can even sign "train-on" players before the draft is finished so he wouldn't necessarily have been allowed to train with the team at the time of that tweet, and thirdly he was coming back from a pretty nasty injury iirc and may still be doing some other training/injury rehab stuff that wouldn't involve being on the oval where onlookers could see him?

Further to that, we seem to have a limit to the number of train on players at a time, so if Clarke is still rehabbing an injury he may do his stint as a train-on in January when he's better able to participate?

I guess if we get a number reveal and his number has/hasn't been re-allocated that would be telling.

Obviously he wouldn’t be able to sponsor Dylan atm as he’s currently not on the list, not sure if he just assumed that meant dylan had stopped training.
Yeah I figured that, was referring to the part at the bottom where it said he hadn’t been training with us.

Liking Fejo jr for the SSP. Martin I know nothing about, Clarke I'm neither here nor there overand Tex might need to be a VFL player for this year at least.

Still hoping we look at someone like Mitch Podhajski but I doubt it. He needs to pretty much play midfield this year for Coburg to be any chance.

I hope we just sign Tex if we think a year of development is needed. If he has a good start to the year in the VFL and someone takes him in the MSD we don't get F/S rights.

He and Fejo Jr for the two spots for mine. There chances are we usually have someone with a long term injury that we can use to pick someone up in the MSD.

I hope we just sign Tex if we think a year of development is needed. If he has a good start to the year in the VFL and someone takes him in the MSD we don't get F/S rights.

He and Fejo Jr for the two spots for mine. There chances are we usually have someone with a long term injury that we can use to pick someone up in the MSD.

There is Hurley too.

Jack Lonie has really faded badly, just shows how precipitous an AFL career can be

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back