Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not anyone that posts here, but there’s reports in the media that it relates to a contract extension which father/sons can have instead of the base contract.

Can’t imagine that it’s anything more complicated than years and dollars.

It was suggested in an article the other day this was the case, apparently Ashcroft signed a 4 year deal at Brisbane once he nominated:

It was suggested in an article the other day this was the case, apparently Ashcroft signed a 4 year deal at Brisbane once he nominated:

It's not like we don't have the cap space at the moment, they could easily front load the contract.

Also it could be about wanting Essendon to commit to taking his brother so they can be at the club together.

It's not like we don't have the cap space at the moment, they could easily front load the contract.

Also it could be about wanting Essendon to commit to taking his brother so they can be at the club together.
I hope it was his brother and not the 4 year extension.
I don't want to believe we are at a point where father sons are no longer just wrapped to go to the club dad played for! Instead putting provisions on joining.

Anyone thinking of suggesting polec give yourself an uppercut and an hour away from the keyboard

Glue factory might be a couple short after a nice, safe, race meet yesterday

Anyone thinking of suggesting polec give yourself an uppercut and an hour away from the keyboard
Only an hour ?
In saying that Polec would probably suite a top side that just needed someone to run up and down one wing all day and not have to do much inside work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we currently have 5-7 main list spots, 1 cat b rookie spot and 0 normal rookie spots? Is that correct.

31 main list
6 rookie list
1 cat B rookie
5 main list spots only + 1 cat B. It's only 5 because currently, we are at the max number of rookies.
Eyre (main) and McBride (Cat B) also currently without a 2023 contract.

Several reasons why North should take Tsatas over Wardlaw. But this is North.
there's a lot of reasons to also look at Wardlaw and Tsatas.
Wardlaw into the spot they'd have had JHF earmarked for
Tsatas to get them some jet quality outside (what Anderson never really lived up to)

Wardlaw & LDU as the inside grunt
Simpkin & Tsatas as the inside/outside
Thomas, Powell and Phillips providing rotations

there's a lot of reasons to also look at Wardlaw and Tsatas.
Wardlaw into the spot they'd have had JHF earmarked for
Tsatas to get them some jet quality outside (what Anderson never really lived up to)

Wardlaw & LDU as the inside grunt
Simpkin & Tsatas as the inside/outside
Thomas, Powell and Phillips providing rotations
Stop trying to create a scenario where we get Sheezel. We will not be getting Sheezel. They were probably taking Sheezel with pick 2 after Ashcroft bid. He fills by far their biggest list need in this year's draft

Besides, Simpkin is 100% inside grunt. It's his one wood.

Stop trying to create a scenario where we get Sheezel. We will not be getting Sheezel. They were probably taking Sheezel with pick 2 after Ashcroft bid. He fills by far their biggest list need in this year's draft

Besides, Simpkin is 100% inside grunt. It's his one wood.

This; I can see Sheezel + Tsatas OR Sheezel + Wardlaw both having strong arguments in favour.

I can't see Tsatas + Wardlaw having a strong argument in favour.

Sheezel adds a clear POD to a side needing outside class and a scoring threat that neither Tsatas or Wardlaw offer.

Simpkin sucks, he's the sort of guy we play inside. Powell is unconvincing too.

I wouldn't get too carried away with Tsatas v Wardlaw based on perceived strengths of North's mids.

LDU stands as one inside bull you'd happily build a side around. JHF would have been the other.

They got nothing from Thomas this year despite him being excellent in 2021.

It would be brave for them to 'reach' past Wardlaw which is what it seems is being accepted North would be doing to pick Tsatas primarily on team balance.

I suppose it could be that they take Tsatas over Sheezel. Either way, no Wardlaw with one of 2 top 3 picks based on their list makes about half as much sense as appears on face value.

Simpkin sucks, he's the sort of guy we play inside. Powell is unconvincing too.

I wouldn't get too carried away with Tsatas v Wardlaw based on perceived strengths of North's mids.

LDU stands as one inside bull you'd happily build a side around. JHF would have been the other.

They got nothing from Thomas this year despite him being excellent in 2021.

It would be brave for them to 'reach' past Wardlaw which is what it seems is being accepted North would be doing to pick Tsatas primarily on team balance.

I suppose it could be that they take Tsatas over Sheezel. Either way, no Wardlaw with one of 2 top 3 picks based on their list makes about half as much sense as appears on face value.
Simpkin is a very good midfielder and the only question mark over Powell is his body.

If North pass on Sheezel they're absolutely mad

Stop trying to create a scenario where we get Sheezel. We will not be getting Sheezel.
eth, this is a forum bro, people are allowed to have hopes an opinions.
Saying we will "not" be getting Sheezel implies you know what North are drafting and you don't.

eth, this is a forum bro, people are allowed to have hopes an opinions.
Saying we will "not" be getting Sheezel implies you know what North are drafting and you don't.
I know who they're going to take with one of their picks. His name is Harry Sheezel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back