Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA

In this thread, ploz provide sauces for anything you claim as fact. It can be specific such as an article link or Neale's sisters cousins hairdresser or vague such as "own sauces" but ploz avoid blanket statements with no reference point, it makes people antsy.

It's that time of year again where we run downstairs to see the carrots nibbled, the footprints in the soot by the fireplace and gleefully feel the presents in the sack like we are Darth Vader.

So I'm going majorly above my station here and deciding we should have a place to discuss all the trades and scandals from the week and a bit starting tomorrow, not just the ones that impact Freo directly.

Particularly looking to see if West Coast trade up to get ahead of our pick #8

Which trade do you think will be first to drop?

I think it will be the between the Tarrant/CCJ (Roos/Richmond) exchange and the Gold Coast/North highway robbery being discussed where they take a player AND upgrade their pick in a clear breach of AFL rules that will be signed off because... AFL.

It's that time of year again where we run downstairs to see the carrots nibbled, the footprints in the soot by the fireplace and gleefully feel the presents in the sack like we are Darth Vader.

So I'm going majorly above my station here and deciding we should have a place to discuss all the trades and scandals from the week and a bit starting tomorrow, not just the ones that impact Freo directly.

Particularly looking to see if West Coast trade up to get ahead of our pick #8

Which trade do you think will be first to drop?

I think it will be the between the Tarrant/CCJ (Roos/Richmond) exchange and the Gold Coast/North highway robbery being discussed where they take a player AND upgrade their pick in a clear breach of AFL rules that will be signed off because... AFL.
I don’t think WC can afford to throw picks away to move up a couple of spots, need as many picks as possible

Also, Cerra/Clark will 100% be the last trade done for ‘entertainment’ purposes
i'm looking forward to being entirely unproductive next Wednesday waiting for that to happen

I don’t think WC can afford to throw picks away to move up a couple of spots, need as many picks as possible
I think West Coast will be on the phone to the Bulldogs to trade their #29, #35, #52 for #17 and then trading #10 and future first for #6 and SPS with the AFL comfortable with the future pick traded because the Eagles will retain two first round picks this season, because they really want Erasmus

I think the Eagles think they are a hot chance to go one last time, but I also like the idea of Carlton then trading Freo:
#10, 2022 Eagle's 1st for Cerra

About 3 days in, rumours will start.

Bubs has now arrived… Neale suddenly decides holy sh*t we need family around us to support..

Deal gets done 2nd last day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon the neale negotiations are happening still bts..a few days from deadline if it's looking unlikely we may entertain the Coniglio trade.

I think West Coast will be on the phone to the Bulldogs to trade their #29, #35, #52 for #17 and then trading #10 and future first for #6 and SPS with the AFL comfortable with the future pick traded because the Eagles will retain two first round picks this season, because they really want Erasmus

I think the Eagles think they are a hot chance to go one last time, but I also like the idea of Carlton then trading Freo:
#10, 2022 Eagle's 1st for Cerra
What would they do to satisfy us for Cerra then, pick 10 + F1st

What would they do to satisfy us for Cerra then, pick 10 + F1st
I like the idea that we get to spend next season death riding another team over their first round pick.

It relies on West Coast wanting Erasmus so much that they would burn their future first to jump ahead of us to get him which makes it crazy but these things have happened before (see Tarranto, Lachie Ash) , it doesn't really offer anything to Carlton except leave them to keep their 2nd with pick #6 turning into #10 and their future first.

Would you prefer West Coast's or Carlton's first in 2022?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we really still think Neales going to do a Beams?

Honestly, no. I think he might want to (or at least the missus) but the problem will be us not being stupid enough to give up what Brisbane will want for him.

I like the idea that we get to spend next season death riding another team over their first round pick.

It relies on West Coast wanting Erasmus so much that they would burn their future first to jump ahead of us to get him which makes it crazy but these things have happened before (see Tarranto, Lachie Ash) , it doesn't really offer anything to Carlton except leave them to keep their 2nd with pick #6 turning into #10 and their future first.

Would you prefer West Coast's or Carlton's first in 2022?
That’s the question, hard to say, I would guess at Carlton.
Expect both to miss finals

Just me but I reckon West Coast are almost a lock for Johnson as they were for Sheed and Shepherd in those relevant drafts. I also think with their pick 10(12) he will land in their lap.

I read Bulldogs and Richmond have been discussing trade of picks for 17. This made even more likely with the additional pick 38 they received for Chol.

Also West Coast have Sam PS (Carlton) and Jordan Sweet (WB) so will need some of those picks for these trades.

Last edited:
Do we really still think Neales going to do a Beams?

No club likes to keep a player against their will...especially when Perth is so far away and thats where the Mrs wants to be. He rocks up to the brownlow disinterested, scruffy, the only bloke not wearing a tie..

Dropping hints I'd say.

We would have to part ways with a 1st which no one wants though.

Just me but I reckon West Coast are almost a lock for Johnson as they were for Sheed and Shepherd in those relevant drafts. I also think with their pick 10(12) he will land in their lap.

I read Bulldogs and Richmond have been discussing trade of picks for 17. This made even more likely with the additional pick 38 they received for Chol.

Also West Coast have Sam PS (Carlton) and Lewis Young (WB) so will need some of those picks for these trades.
Just my opinion but Johnson doesn’t get near the level of Greg Clark.

Carlton will play finals next year.
I thought so but they are a mess off field, that usually reflects on field, they have a new
coach which generally which takes time to implement a new game plan.

Besides that with me the jury is out on Voss as a coach.

Bugger all will happen until the last day. I am sure the AFL orchestrate this to an extent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back