Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA

In this thread, ploz provide sauces for anything you claim as fact. It can be specific such as an article link or Neale's sisters cousins hairdresser or vague such as "own sauces" but ploz avoid blanket statements with no reference point, it makes people antsy.

Collingwood F2,F3 > 22, 46, 58

I expect Collingwood to remain down the bottom end of the ladder.

North F2 > 19, McPherson

Then something like

Freo F4 >61, Brodie

The attraction Gold Coast have is doing deals with the Vic clubs expected to be in the bottom 6.

Collingwood F2,F3 > 22, 46, 58

I expect Collingwood to remain down the bottom end of the ladder.

North F2 > 19, McPherson

Then something like

Freo F4 >61, Brodie

The attraction Gold Coast have is doing deals with the Vic clubs expected to be in the bottom 6.
It makes sense for them. Assuming there isn't a huge change to the bottom couple of clubs, Gold Coast may head to the draft with Picks 19, 20 and 21 next year for a bunch of picks they can't use, were gifted to them and their natural position.

Imagine the leg-up Freo would get if they had that kind of draft capital!

Brodie and Cerra have the same management.

Recruiting Brodie would be doing Gold Coast, Brodie and his manager a favor. He is a fringe player on alot of money.

Let’s wait and see what we’re getting for Cerra first before throwing them a bone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It makes sense for them. Assuming there isn't a huge change to the bottom couple of clubs, Gold Coast may head to the draft with Picks 19, 20 and 21 next year for a bunch of picks they can't use, were gifted to them and their natural position.

Imagine the leg-up Freo would get if they had that kind of draft capital!
Then they will trade them to Brisbane for a top 15 pick too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brodie is reportedly on 400k. I was initially OK with getting him for a token late pick... assuming his salary would be cheap. But if we have to pay him that kind of money ... even if it is just one year and we drop the average over a couple of more years ... it is a huge no from me.

Brodie is reportedly on 400k. I was initially OK with getting him for a token late pick... assuming his salary would be cheap. But if we have to pay him that kind of money ... even if it is just one year and we drop the average over a couple of more years ... it is a huge no from me.
Why? We have the Cerra money. If it helps us to perform better this year what does it matter? Assuming we don't have someone like Neale coming in, who cares where the money is spent for one year.

$1 million over 3 type deal maybe?

No harm. Average wage is $300k.

So long as the guys at Freo are receiving their share.

Blues not interested in Brander, means they'll want a pick from WC for SPS.
Looking at Lewis Young.
Brisbane have all the talls lined up against the wall in the schoolyard, and deciding who they want. Cox, Casboult, and another I can't remember.

I believe Lewis Young has requested a trade to ....yes you guessed it, Carlton

Fck Cerra, weak as pi$$ whipped by his GF and mum. Bring in some country tough

My 2 cents from this trade period

Brodie - I’m ok with Brodie coming in for a late pick - 2 year deal with a trigger for a 3rd

Clarke - Rather Clarke comes in for a pick above 30. Likely will be around that 25 mark with late picks swapped

Tucker - keep and play him in the middle. Wasn’t played in his position and simply couldn’t think / act quick enough in the backline and was often caught out. Def Keep.

Neale - hard no

Cerra - sooner we can close his thread down the better. Ideally we get 6(8) and another second with likely swap of back end picks. Let’s see what Bell can do.

Lobb - if someone offers us a top 20 pick with taking on all the money - I’d do it. But structurally he is needed for another year or two whilst we hopefully develop the key forward (s) we get this draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can’t help but feel that sometime in the near future Carlton will have been discovered to have been abusing the salary cap with bags of cash under the table.
Surely that Afl would have to ask the question. It wouldn't be the first time they have done it.

$1 million over 3 type deal maybe?

No harm. Average wage is $300k.

So long as the guys at Freo are receiving their share.
I would rather pick up Greg Clark....similar players Clark would be much cheaper and possibly more upside with AFL conditioning

I dont like that we miss out on the GC pick fiesta. On a more wholistic view, yes, we have plenty of capspace to take on Brodie's inflated contract so why not take it on. But capspace is an asset, you should get reimbursed for giving up your assets.

What would Brodie be worth? Less than SPS realistically right? Like, he should be free even without eating 1 year of a s**t contract. I'll wait to see what happens, but early reports indicate the off-season is off to a shaky start.

I dont like that we miss out on the GC pick fiesta. On a more wholistic view, yes, we have plenty of capspace to take on Brodie's inflated contract so why not take it on. But capspace is an asset, you should get reimbursed for giving up your assets.

What would Brodie be worth? Less than SPS realistically right? Like, he should be free even without eating 1 year of a sh*t contract. I'll wait to see what happens, but early reports indicate the off-season is off to a shaky start.

Brodie will literally be peanuts.
Like a future 4th type deal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back