Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA

In this thread, ploz provide sauces for anything you claim as fact. It can be specific such as an article link or Neale's sisters cousins hairdresser or vague such as "own sauces" but ploz avoid blanket statements with no reference point, it makes people antsy.

Surely it's whoever gets in first gets the prize. C'mon Belly, get on the line and bring home 19.

With the AFL breaking up the draft over 2 days again, pick 19 is worth an absolute mint again, ploz get pick 19 Belly
I will get a ticket to Rottnest. Find the most beautiful peacock on the island and follow it around until it drops a feather if Bell gets it done.

I think we should also be looking at Collingwood's new #22 and finding a way to trade #27 + picks worth points (once we find them) to get it.

I will get a ticket to Rottnest. Find the most beautiful peacock on the island and follow it around until it drops a feather if Bell gets it done.

I think we should also be looking at Collingwood's new #22 and finding a way to trade #27 + picks worth points (once we find them) to get it.
You know that 22 is going to have to go to Geelong for Clark the way things are going though. 19 I'd have hope we tell Geelong to jog on, 22 I think we'd hand over

No way Norf do that, but on this side, pick 1 has a certain appeal.

28 isn't old, but it would be inconsistent with what we have done of late.

Assuming we can get the Coleman-Jones trade done, I think we will go with Larkey, Comben, CCJ and Edwards from the MSD. We are probably after key defenders though.

Has anyone seen Darcy Cameron still hasn’t signed with Collingwood? Maybe freo make a move for him if they get a top 20 pick for lobb?

still think lobb stays but never no

You know that 22 is going to have to go to Geelong for Clark the way things are going though. 19 I'd have hope we tell Geelong to jog on, 22 I think we'd hand over
Depends on the order of the trades. Get #25 out of Carlton for the Cerra trade. Throw that over for Clark (and a later pick swap if they are still being difficult). Then get #19 with a GC player. Then get #22 from Pies.

Hopefully #6, #8, #19, #22 to go to the draft with.

This is the suckiest of the bits that suck.

Having ******* Geelong hanging around like the grim reaper, ready to suck the life out of any decent picks we get in that late teen/early twenties area...which just might be the sweet spot for any of the WA talls that drift.

I don't even want Clark anymore.

Depends on the order of the trades. Get #25 out of Carlton for the Cerra trade. Throw that over for Clark (and a later pick swap if they are still being difficult). Then get #19 with a GC player. Then get #22 from Pies.

Hopefully #6, #8, #19, #22 to go to the draft with.
Slight tweak to go with the media reports from earlier today:

Cerra, 27, future 3rd for 6, 25, future 2nd

25, future 2nd for Clark and 30

Future 2nd and future 4th for 19 and Brodie

On draft night, trade 19 to drop back a couple of places and get back picks for next year.

That is the absolute best I can hope for from the rubbish we've heard today and that's depressing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But like every year what the media says is absolute BS. If you start from that premise there is no reason to believe nor be depressed based on what they say.
Yeah but I think Geelong are clearly being more annoying than I thought they'd be for a dude they dont think deserves games. Will wait for end result but I'm irrational when it comes to trades and it's my space for venting, and I will be venting

Yeah, time to walk away

PICK NO.25 NOT ENOUGH FOR CLARK AS DOCKERS EYE SUNS MID
GEELONG has indicated Fremantle will have to climb higher than pick No.25 to secure a trade for Jordan Clark after choosing not to accept the Dockers' initial offer of pick No.27.

Swapping their No.27 with Carlton's No.25 is one of several options the Dockers are working through as part of the Adam Cerra negotiations, which continued smoothly on Monday.

But that pick would not be considered a sufficient improvement for the Cats, whose broad request for the contracted Clark is a selection between the Dockers' two current picks (No.8 and No.27).

Yeah, time to walk away

PICK NO.25 NOT ENOUGH FOR CLARK AS DOCKERS EYE SUNS MID
GEELONG has indicated Fremantle will have to climb higher than pick No.25 to secure a trade for Jordan Clark after choosing not to accept the Dockers' initial offer of pick No.27.

Swapping their No.27 with Carlton's No.25 is one of several options the Dockers are working through as part of the Adam Cerra negotiations, which continued smoothly on Monday.

But that pick would not be considered a sufficient improvement for the Cats, whose broad request for the contracted Clark is a selection between the Dockers' two current picks (No.8 and No.27).

I don’t really follow the post-season shenanigans as closely as some of you guys do, and to be frank I think my health is better for it but I don’t like trading for players unless they are highly rated. Here’s some of the players we’ve traded in over the last 10 or so years.
Griffin
Gumbleton
Bennell
McCarthy
Hill
Hamling
Kersten
Wilson
Matera
Hogan
Lobb
Colyer
Acres
Aish

There’s probably a few that I’ve missed, I haven’t included free agents. The thing is most of those trades have been of no real consequence, Griffin and Hamling were good for us. They have either been busts, injured long term, journeymen or have left us or perhaps are about to leave us.
History would suggest Clark will be no different, 27 is a fair price for him. If Geelong don’t want it then tell them to GF. I think I’d rather go to the draft with 27 rather than spend a week trying to find something extra to appease an unrealistic request from Geelong.
It seems that trading for players is of most benefit to clubs that are in the window. Brown to Melbourne, Lake to the Hawks, that sort of thing.

Just found this stat on Draft guru.
Freo has the highest average games played for draft picks of all clubs at 43 games from 223 picks.
Trades in is 44 trades for 57 game average which is equal 4th.
Not sure of assumptions that form these calcs but was surprised.
Draft guru
I posted this on Young talent thread. Thought it was interesting stats!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back