Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

PSA

In this thread, ploz provide sauces for anything you claim as fact. It can be specific such as an article link or Neale's sisters cousins hairdresser or vague such as "own sauces" but ploz avoid blanket statements with no reference point, it makes people antsy.

Madas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Very good business again this trade period.
Brought in 2 highly talented 20yo’s who weren’t getting opportunities, improved our picks to 3 inside 25.
There is the fairly major downside of losing Cerra but we couldn’t do any more than we did to keep him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know what
I’m just looking through all the Clarke highlights ( can’t believe I’ve never watched them before?)
He’s pretty bloody good
All those highlights in the limited amount of games he’s played and he’s only 20 years old 🤩
Has he averaged a goal a game ? Because he kicked a few in the highlights!
That boy is gonna get the game time he needs with us to improve and if the injury gods are kind to us he could be just what the doctor ordered 🤞

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
If a bid on NGA kids after 41 will cost us the next pick.

Therefore, it’s better to trade out third round and fourth round picks because we can use fifth round plus picks.
Need to have an NGA worth picking up though, usually the good ones will be picked before 40 and the bad ones are likely to last to Cat B

Obviously there will be some in the middle like Walker and Western of last year

If we get an NGA bid between 41 and Calrtons F3 next year then we match it with Geelongs F4 and it means that we basically only gave 22 for Clark

Doesn't sound that bad
If we get a bid we can match it with a round 20 pick for all we care. It amounts to the same thing as having pick #42 and matching with that.

We should be trading out that pick before the draft

Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
So we have 10 first round picks from last 5 years draft and will add 2 more this draft to make it to 12.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app
Top 10s alone I can think of from the last five drafts are Logue, Brodie, Brayshaw, Young, Serong, Henry.

Back