Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA

In this thread, ploz provide sauces for anything you claim as fact. It can be specific such as an article link or Neale's sisters cousins hairdresser or vague such as "own sauces" but ploz avoid blanket statements with no reference point, it makes people antsy.

If we get a bid we can match it with a round 20 pick for all we care. It amounts to the same thing as having pick #42 and matching with that.

We should be trading out that pick before the draft
Yeah but was just saying if a bid comes in before the Carlton F3 then we never lost anything

Yeah but was just saying if a bid comes in before the Carlton F3 then we never lost anything

I’m not sure that’s how it works.

Next year, if our NGA’s are selected 40-50, the future 3rd was worthless anyway. But it’s never truly worthless, because you can package it to move up the draft or trade it for a player. We need to acquire a future 2nd somehow. I think shuffling 19 and 61 (which will be about 53) by the end of round 1, is how we get a future 2nd.

Yep. Excellent trading. Lost Cerra. Gained Clark and Brodie, and 'Fremantle head into the 2021 NAB AFL Draft with a strong hand of 6, 8, 19, 61 and 69 after starting the trade period holding picks 8 and 27.'

As far as highlights packages go this blokes has got to be one of the best! Does some wild stuff. Hope he can build some consistency

I’m not sure that’s how it works.

Next year, if our NGA’s are selected 40-50, the future 3rd was worthless anyway. But it’s never truly worthless, because you can package it to move up the draft or trade it for a player. We need to acquire a future 2nd somehow. I think shuffling 19 and 61 (which will be about 53) by the end of round 1, is how we get a future 2nd.
Yeah we could trade it, that is true but still if we get a bid between those 2 picks next year I'm claiming it as we were never guaranteed to trade up anyway, there will be a whole host of teams trying to trade up so it may not have been possible

Would love to see us take the free swing at brander.
I’m definitely keen on putting him on the rookie list. There’s obvious talent there and I’d give him a better chance of succeeding then any rookie pick, plus, Graham can give us the inside scoop on any issues

JVR kicked 2 more WAFL League goals than Brander did this year in the same number of games.

I think I'd rather roll the dice on a youngster.

Why not both? Not as if we've got a lot of depth in that dept. Rookie listing him would be fine, JVR should be drafted early-ish.

I think it's all academic anyway. A few Vic clubs keen too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine not so, seems he was being played on the wing for the last year or so wasn't he?
Yes, WCE have been trying to turn him into a winger for a couple of years now.

Maybe he will make it as a KPF if he is given the chance the focus in on that role for a while.

On the other hand, Allen joined WCE in the same pre-season and scooted straight past him in their preference for a tall forward and has always been preferred to Brander in any kind of tall utility role.

What did you see?
A lack of variety. Most of it is him taking a chest mark out on a lead. Or out marking a defender much shorter than him. Even when it was contested it was more damning on the defenders being way out of position and him launching effectively uncontested to drag it in. No defensive highlights. No body work. No real general play goals other than one in the goal square he almost stuffed. No tight angle shots. No goals from outside 50.

It was tidy but sometimes you learn most when it isn't tidy. And maybe that did exist and just wasn't in the highlights. But I'm pretty sure normally it is because that stuff is more interesting than just simple chest marks.

I'm conveniently assessing retrospectively so take it with a pinch of salt. But I wouldn't be jumping to sign him up personally.

Trade radio talked about his shonky ball drop. Matt Lloyd said it. If it's true, hopefully it can be rectified.
Well, if it was said on trade radio my first inclination is to think the opposite.

Those arse clowns have done nothing but embarrass themselves for a week and a half.

(Although Lloyd is one of the few Trade Radio "analysts" worth listening too. If he says there is a technical problem, i guess there is.)

As a junior, Clark was always considered to be quite skillfull.

Yes, WCE have been trying to turn him into a winger for a couple of years now.

Maybe he will make it as a KPF if he is given the chance the focus in on that role for a while.

On the other hand, Allen joined WCE in the same pre-season and scooted straight past him in their preference for a tall forward and has always been preferred to Brander in any kind of tall utility role.
Jayme Graham will give us the intel whether he is good enough I imagine

Remove this Banner Ad

Back