Game Day AFL Trade Period 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

PSA

In this thread, ploz provide sauces for anything you claim as fact. It can be specific such as an article link or Neale's sisters cousins hairdresser or vague such as "own sauces" but ploz avoid blanket statements with no reference point, it makes people antsy.

JVR kicked 2 more WAFL League goals than Brander did this year in the same number of games.

I think I'd rather roll the dice on a youngster.
There is a reason they are disbanding that wafl disaster. As long as I can remember Claremont have had/developed talent.
Imagine list filling your team with amateurs🤪

Lloyd is a tool who's still attempting to rock an early 2000's haircut with a straight face. Throw some more grass in the air before you show yourself out!

Fremantle football boss Peter Bell didn’t rule out the 195cm Brander becoming the first player to cross between the WA rivals in 21 years.

“We’ve had some conversations around Jarrod and where we’d see his game progressing,” Bell told 6PR.

“At this stage, it hasn’t amounted to anything. He’s certainly got size on his side.”

Fremantle football boss Peter Bell didn’t rule out the 195cm Brander becoming the first player to cross between the WA rivals in 21 years.

“We’ve had some conversations around Jarrod and where we’d see his game progressing,” Bell told 6PR.

“At this stage, it hasn’t amounted to anything. He’s certainly got size on his side.”

Lol, this is quite possibly the most back-handed compliment I have ever read!

"So Peter, what are Jarrod's defining skills?"

Peter Bell: "Well he's certainly got size on his side." *crickets*

The most annoying part of Cocaine Col's Hill manouevre was not the cackhanded way he tried to make the standard Col Family Gambit apply ("They're having a baby, He wants to be near family. You know, his cousin, Brad") but the race-card adjacent "He wants to play in the Dreamtime game" move. Like having fictitious blockbuster games isn't already enough of a leg-up for establishment VFL clubs.

Just in the unlikely event noone has reminded you today, you're a s**t bloke, Col.

A lack of variety. Most of it is him taking a chest mark out on a lead. Or out marking a defender much shorter than him. Even when it was contested it was more damning on the defenders being way out of position and him launching effectively uncontested to drag it in. No defensive highlights. No body work. No real general play goals other than one in the goal square he almost stuffed. No tight angle shots. No goals from outside 50.

It was tidy but sometimes you learn most when it isn't tidy. And maybe that did exist and just wasn't in the highlights. But I'm pretty sure normally it is because that stuff is more interesting than just simple chest marks.

I'm conveniently assessing retrospectively so take it with a pinch of salt. But I wouldn't be jumping to sign him up personally.
That sounds a bit like Jye Amiss' highlights.

A lack of variety. Most of it is him taking a chest mark out on a lead. Or out marking a defender much shorter than him. Even when it was contested it was more damning on the defenders being way out of position and him launching effectively uncontested to drag it in. No defensive highlights. No body work. No real general play goals other than one in the goal square he almost stuffed. No tight angle shots. No goals from outside 50.

It was tidy but sometimes you learn most when it isn't tidy. And maybe that did exist and just wasn't in the highlights. But I'm pretty sure normally it is because that stuff is more interesting than just simple chest marks.

I'm conveniently assessing retrospectively so take it with a pinch of salt. But I wouldn't be jumping to sign him up personally.
He doesn't want to be a footballer that's the problem (even if he doesn't know it).
He'll go on someone's rookie list for a year before that is finally confirmed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is this Amiss can't kick a ball longer than my kitchen table stuff, our equivalent of WC's bad boy image makeover for Darling before his draft so he drops down the order and we collect at 19? Very clever and I am happy to delete my post so not to put off any of the recruiters on here doing their scouting.

I think this whole Jye Amiss can’t kick it more than 30metres stuff is well over stated.

I saw a few highlights earlier in the year that got me interested and he kicked the ball fine from around or just inside 50. Have to remember he is very raw. Has been travelling from Busselton so training wise will really thrive in a FT professional environment.

I had some question marks after his poor finals performances but read that he was pretty cooked after a long season and so much travelling.

There was a moment in that second WA vs SA game before the AFL GF where he injured his knee. It wasn’t the fact that he injured his knee but he really launched himself at the ball and deserved to be paid the mark. Was real classy and very impressive. Lots of highlights taking marks full stretch on the lead. I think comparisons to Jack Gunston are quite accurate as he is very mobile. I’d be more than comfortable with either him or JVR at 10. Whether the club pulls the trigger based on beat available or needs basis will be interesting. I would love for us to make a straight swap 2+13 (GWS) for 6+8 (Freo), but I’m reading that whilst GWS are keen on Mac Andrews they are equally keen like 17 other clubs on Finn Callaghan who behind JHF is the second top rated live pick.

With our first pick I really rate Erasmus but given we have added two reasonable sized midfielders in Clark (186cm) and Brodie (190cm) that my second target at 8 would be Rachele due to his ability as a forward. Ward would be my next bet. Some chance we could end up with two of Ward/Rachele/Erasmus.

While very unlikely, we'll be laughing if Motlop lasts till 40. Would make it the perfect off season.
I actually think it will be close. Wouldn't at all be surprised if the bid didn't come until after 40.

Unfortunately, pick 40 seems to be his sweet spot, so could go either way. Also, NGAs who aren't elite talent seem to slide. Walker, Western, Cameron, Carter, Waterman all went quite a bit later than we thought.

Couldn’t have put it better. I’d go as far as the biggest w***er but loser he is.

Listening to Young on 3AW - he quickly passed on the failure to trade Bobby Hill onto Andrew McDougall (his direct client) and that he only sat in the passenger seat viewing it.

Lobb and Hill deals seemed to be tied together. He wanted to trade Hill to a Melbourne club to help GWS get the Lobb deal done.

Listening to Young on 3AW - he quickly passed on the failure to trade Bobby Hill onto Andrew McDougall (his direct client) and that he only sat in the passenger seat viewing it.

Lobb and Hill deals seemed to be tied together. He wanted to trade Hill to a Melbourne club to help GWS get the Lobb deal done.
McDougal is his employee. That is what we call the Hospital Handpass. McDougal can’t question it as Col is the boss. He has to accept the handpass and and take the hit as well as running off to collect his coffee order. Col is real grumpy as he had withdraw his offer on the upgraded Eagle Bay holiday home.

McDougal is his employee. That is what we call the Hospital Handpass. McDougal can’t question it as Col is the boss. He has to accept the handpass and and take the hit as well as running off to collect his coffee order. Col is real grumpy as he had withdraw his offer on the upgraded Eagle Bay holiday home.

Yeah, I should of put "his direct client" in quotation marks. That's what Young was saying about McDougall/Hill to pass the buck, but then he was clearly connecting the Hill and Lobb deals as a 3 way trade so he was doing more than just being a bystander.

The other thing as mentioned above was the talk of the dreamtime game as a reason for Hill wanting to go to Essendon, but Young says he (or his team) contacted 5 Victorian clubs that he thought might be interested in a small forward and that in last years trade period he approached Hawthorn for interest in Hill.

Anyway, Bobby Hill is out of contract at the end of 2022 so I guess his move will be easier then. As an outsider the easiest conclusion to draw is that CY likes to shift players before their contract is up to maximise his commission.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back