AFL Video Essays

Remove this Banner Ad

New vid! Pluggermania returned in 2002, but how well did he really perform? I take a look at the goalkicking legend's surprise comeback.

--------

Also, this thread isn't just for my work, feel free to share any other cool ones you find on YT in here too.

As I said before, I have been enjoying the work of Jagger Skillbeck. Here are his videos:

Yep, for sure – he's killing it right now. In fact his content inspired me to finally get my arse into gear and make some of my own videos! I think the more footy youtubers create original video essays, the better

I love your videos, what software do you use and how do you make them?

Thanks! It's pretty simple right now. I'm actually just using iMovie currently as it's something I grew up learning at high school and it's easy to use. I'm in the process of getting proficient with Adobe Premiere but it'll take a while. The graphics are made in Photoshop, and for the animated ones, PowerPoint.

I have a list of topics that I add to when I think of something interesting, and when I'm ready to make a new video, I pick a topic and start my research on it. That involves a heap of Googling/YouTubing, reading through Trove and Newspapers.com, old Footy Records, just finding as many sources as possible. Then I write up the script, which can be anywhere between 1,500 and 4,000 words. Record it, drop the voiceover into the timeline, and then insert the clips/graphics based on what's being said in the voiceover.

I'm sure other people have many different ways of making video essays – it's a bit like what do songwriters come up with first, the music or the lyrics? – but I find that this works best for me.

Thanks! It's pretty simple right now. I'm actually just using iMovie currently as it's something I grew up learning at high school and it's easy to use. I'm in the process of getting proficient with Adobe Premiere but it'll take a while. The graphics are made in Photoshop, and for the animated ones, PowerPoint.

I have a list of topics that I add to when I think of something interesting, and when I'm ready to make a new video, I pick a topic and start my research on it. That involves a heap of Googling/YouTubing, reading through Trove and Newspapers.com, old Footy Records, just finding as many sources as possible. Then I write up the script, which can be anywhere between 1,500 and 4,000 words. Record it, drop the voiceover into the timeline, and then insert the clips/graphics based on what's being said in the voiceover.

I'm sure other people have many different ways of making video essays – it's a bit like what do songwriters come up with first, the music or the lyrics? – but I find that this works best for me.
Makes sense, I wanna do similar videos. but instead, focus on the local footy across Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back