Strategy AFL will assess new rules for another season

Remove this Banner Ad

brand new anti-Richmond rule:

However, in a tweak to the role, football operations boss Steve Hocking will work “in conjunction” with Christian in the review of each game.

"The main reason (for the 75 interchange cap) is to try and open up congestion around the ground. There are a lot of high pressure game styles which have kicked in, the pressure factors have increased, and have been on the increase for five years now, so our belief is we need to put a little bit of fatigue back into the system, and to recalibrate that part of the game and hopefully have the result of opening up the game," Hocking said.

******* Geelong stooge Hocking once again tinkering with the rules to assist his ole man Geelong team to the detriment of fast, fit, pressure styles......

like the Tigers. :mad:

Last edited:

"The main reason (for the 75 interchange cap) is to try and open up congestion around the ground. There are a lot of high pressure game styles which have kicked in, the pressure factors have increased, and have been on the increase for five years now, so our belief is we need to put a little bit of fatigue back into the system, and to recalibrate that part of the game and hopefully have the result of opening up the game," Hocking said.

******* Geelong stooge Hocking once again tinkering with the rules to assist hold ole man Geelong team to the detriment of fast, fit, pressure styles......

There will be more 50’s paid than goals scored with this 1 metre sideways tolerance when standing the mark
What a joke and then to suggest that all players would now be capable of dusty moments
He is a deadset flog

******* Geelong stooge Hocking once again tinkering with the rules to assist his ole man Geelong team to the detriment of fast, fit, pressure styles......

I think the reduced interchange cap and longer quarters will actually help us (and hurt the cats). We love to grind teams into the ground with our gut running. That will only be extended with these rule changes IMO. We are one of, if not, the fittest team in the comp. Older, slower teams will be further slowed...

Agree with the man on the mark rule but I don’t know about it being 50 meters. You can see what’s going to happen in our round 1 game against Carlton from here.

interchange rotation and 15 m zone for kick ins are pure anti Richmond bullshit. Gale needs to get in there and sack Hocking ASAP

There will be more 50’s paid than goals scored with this 1 metre sideways tolerance when standing the mark
What a joke and then to suggest that all players would now be capable of dusty moments
He is a deadset flog
Why do they change rules year after year? Low scoring this year was caused by 16 minute quarters. How about see how it goes next year and then if need be make changes then. (though they shouldn't make any more changes)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are going to kill the game
If they introduce zones, I think people will give up on the game,
The AFL said in a statement that the "officiating umpire will not recommence play until all players are in position.
Won't that slow down the game even more? Leave it alone FFS

I think the reduced interchange cap and longer quarters will actually help us (and hurt the cats). We love to grind teams into the ground with our gut running. That will only be extended with these rule changes IMO. We are one of, if not, the fittest team in the comp. Older, slower teams will be further slowed...

This, can still play relentless, grinding footy and either the opposition trys to match you and stay in the game or conserve energy and be 6-10 goals down by the time we start slowing down.

Agree with the man on the mark rule but I don’t know about it being 50 meters. You can see what’s going to happen in our round 1 game against Carlton from here.

interchange rotation and 15 m zone for kick ins are pure anti Richmond bullshit. Gale needs to get in there and sack Hocking ASAP

Man on the mark rule is just stupid, umpires will be blowing their whistles every second mark. A player moving slightly whilst guarding the mark doesn't gain much of an advantage and especially not an advantage that the way to correct it is to hand out 50's. Umpires will be like Oprah handing them out, will actually disrupt the flow of the game and I won't be surprised to see it scraped very early.

you just know we are gonna get pinged for stepping 30cm sideways whereas other teams will get 1.5m. just like how we always get called play-on when we don't even move off our line

5x50m penalties in rd1 again like sir loin said

will mean we only win it by 49

You cant switch over the man on the mark? Hahahaha holy * these rules are horrendous.

If they bring that zone bullshit in next year, im done

Did he even watch the Grand Final? Dustin Martin was able to find space?

Martin kicked 3 of his goals with Geelong players tackling him, and the other one he had 3 or 4 players around him.

"My role in that as custodian of it is to make sure the right things are introduced to open the game back up, and to have more Dustin Martin moments that he did in the Grand Final, where he was able to find space, and we would like to create more of those – that's my role and I'm committed to finding that space."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back