Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Will they ever get to a position of both teams scoring 100+ points each ? Unlikely!

. Low scoring games can be super frustrating - but what's more frustrating is the way the AFLW players celebrate the goals. I read last year that another AFL mandate was to "celebrate harder" to get the crowd excited........... it comes across as OTT and fake. What's next are they going to soccer style celebrations like reeling in a big fish ? or the worm ?
Haaaaaaaaaa! How dare these girls celebrate a goal, with passion and excitement. How dare they show how much playing the game means to them! They will never be as good as men, how dare they!!!!!!!

Haaaaaaaaaa! How dare these girls celebrate a goal, with passion and excitement. How dare they show how much playing the game means to them! They will never be as good as men, how dare they!!!!!!!

LOL if that's how you're going to interpret what I wrote. It looks more choreographed, forced and fake than genuine excitement.

Your last sentence is particularly amusing considering I haven't said that ;)

LOL if that's how you're going to interpret what I wrote. It looks more choreographed, forced and fake than genuine excitement.

Now you are questioning the authenticity of the AFLW players emotional responses on the field?

You are so sad dude, so so sad. Actually, it's beyond sad. How are you not ashamed of how pathetically sad a loser that women playing football has reduced you to?

Seriously, run off and do something else. You are an embarrassment to the other trolls

When you are prepared to even criticise the way girls are celebrating a goal, it shows just how much your opinion isn't worth listening to. You will get a couple of likes here from the same people, but overall 99% of people would cringe reading the stuff you come out with.

Now you are questioning the authenticity of the AFLW players emotional responses on the field?

You are so sad dude, so so sad. Actually, it's beyond sad. How are you not ashamed of how pathetically sad a loser that women playing football has reduced you to?

Seriously, run off and do something else. You are an embarrassment to the other trolls
Well said mate.

When the AFL gave them a mandate to do it in order to "excite" the sparse crowd I certainly do.

They may as well add the flame throwers T20 style and amp up the ridiculousness once a goal is scored.

By all means celebrate if you nail a 60m bomb, or a goal on the run or a very tight angle. But it looks really silly for them to bounce up and down like they just won a million dollars.... after kicking a regulation set shot.

Who is better right now: Melbourne or the Dogs?
Hard to say who is better, Melbourne have an outstanding midfield and maybe have a couple more than can bob up and kick an important goal when needed. Dogs midfield is first class too, they will rely on Brennan now, someone else needs to step up, other sides will double team her. Just a shame we have already lost Davey, Huntington to season ending injuries, hope no other player cops a serious one. Courage the girls are showing is ridiculous.

When the AFL gave them a mandate to do it in order to "excite" the sparse crowd I certainly do.

They may as well add the flame throwers T20 style and amp up the ridiculousness once a goal is scored.

By all means celebrate if you nail a 60m bomb, or a goal on the run or a very tight angle. But it looks really silly for them to bounce up and down like they just won a million dollars.... after kicking a regulation set shot.
7 game season, winning teams average 5-8 goals a game. Each goal kicked by the women is worth about 10 kicked by the men. It could easily be the case that 1 goal makes the difference between grand final or not.

So the celebration is due to the significance. Looking at it and not being able to tell it's genuine means you are watching with an agenda imop. Wether that's a conscious or subconscious agenda is for you to determine.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane v. Footscray playing in Brisbane -3.35 start time: & its 35 degrees, blower fans on the bench!

Playing in this heat (probably very humid also in Qld.) is diametrically opposed to displaying good skills -players hands & faces get very sweaty/sweat & suntan lotion sting eyes, high overhead sun "blinding" eyes/ fatigue etc. make ball control/judgement & concentration VERY difficult. This directly NEGATES good skill execution & decision making.

All Qld games should be 7.50 start -& other games (except Tas.) should be played starting late afternoon, or early evening. Commentators are saying Footscray players looked exhausted at 1/4 time, laying flat on the ground.
At a time when AFLW players are often criticised, sometimes unfairly, over their skills, it is the AFL that has FAILED the game. All summer games should have later scheduling -how hard is it for the AFL not to appreciate this scheduling is a MASSIVE detriment to the AFLW!
Agree 100% but unfortunately we don't have any suitable ground within the Brisbane area to play at. Southpine Sports Complex is basically a park oval

Agree 100% but unfortunately we don't have any suitable ground within the Brisbane area to play at. Southpine Sports Complex is basically a park oval
I realise that Qld. does not have daylight saving, & being northerly, dusk sets in about 6pm.
In Feb., there are no vacant (after 6pm) Brisbane grounds that are suitable (ie with proper lighting, elevated banks which facilitate viewing -& can hold c. 5000)?

Last edited:
its not on "instead", its on "as well".
Must admit Wook that despite the free streaming the uptake is rather low by Ch7, although I do wonder if the Winter Olympics are hurting it. That said, there's no reason why they shouldn't be playing every Friday night game on 7mate, but they've only played Rd1.

Not a fault of the AFL or the AFLW, more a frustration from a broadcast perspective, especially given Ch7 has three channels. A 7mate broadcast of Friday night in addition to Saturday night would work a treat.

Must admit Wook that despite the free streaming the uptake is rather low by Ch7, although I do wonder if the Winter Olympics are hurting it. That said, there's no reason why they shouldn't be playing every Friday night game on 7mate, but they've only played Rd1.

Not a fault of the AFL or the AFLW, more a frustration from a broadcast perspective, especially given Ch7 has three channels. A 7mate broadcast of Friday night in addition to Saturday night would work a treat.

Last year R3 wasnt even played on Friday night either, that was kept for the first match of the JLT series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back