Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
Start of the 4th season, 14 teams, attendance and ratings as good if not better than many mens professional comps in this country, big sponsorship deal recently announced, massive growth in participation, government investment in facilities, you'd already have to conclude that the comp is an outstanding success from whatever angle you wish to take.

massive growth in participation
Cannot and should not be understated.

It is simply amazing the growth the past 3 yrs alone.

Very exciting.

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Last night you could see some of the players don't even know the rules. This is the first thing that should be addressed when playing in a semi professional league.

Also, the player mentioned last week that is still learning how to handball during a season game. Players shouldn't be on the ground until they have learnt the two basic fundamentals of the game in kicking and handballing.

I honestly enjoyed last nights game, but you can see why a lot of Australians find it amusing. Lets get a few of the basics right before we rush into the professional side of things including salary and rights.

Last night you could see some of the players don't even know the rules

Besides the Irish lass giving away that 50, where else did this occur?

May 13, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Brumbies, Socceroos
Last night you could see some of the players don't even know the rules. This is the first thing that should be addressed when playing in a semi professional league.

Also, the player mentioned last week that is still learning how to handball during a season game. Players shouldn't be on the ground until they have learnt the two basic fundamentals of the game in kicking and handballing.

I honestly enjoyed last nights game, but you can see why a lot of Australians find it amusing. Lets get a few of the basics right before we rush into the professional side of things including salary and rights.

I've followed footy for a long time, every season you come across players not knowing certain rules.
Who can ever forget the sight of a relatively experienced Matty Richardson playing on after the siren, and looking bewildered when the ump stopped play as soon as he played on.

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Besides the Irish lass giving away that 50, where else did this occur?
Bulldogs player sliding in and taking out the legs of a Melbourne player. The confusion was pretty obvious. You see it around stoppages, were players don't really understand whats happening. I'm not having a shot, as this will only get better with playing time, training and understanding.

Another problem is people are not allowed to give negative insight into AFLW. This will only fester IMO. I don't mind watching the games and I'm in full support of women's football. But it's very touchy when you have an opinion.

Bulldogs player sliding in and taking out the legs of a Melbourne player. The confusion was pretty obvious. You see it around stoppages, were players don't really understand whats happening. I'm not having a shot, as this will only get better with playing time, training and understanding.

Another problem is people are not allowed to give negative insight into AFLW. This will only fester IMO. I don't mind watching the games and I'm in full support of women's football. But it's very touchy when you have an opinion.
Apologies if I came across touchy - was a genuine question as I wasn’t really sure there was more than the obvious 50

I thought the stoppage work was fine in tough conditions myself.

Negative feedback is part of sport - it is most welcome when constructive. The constant trolling of it, is not.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Bulldogs player sliding in and taking out the legs of a Melbourne player.
FWIW I've followed AFL for my entire life and even I get confused with the sliding rules. One week its all good and the next it's punishable by death.

Feb 13, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond

You mean the sliding rule that Umpires and Mens Players get wrong almost every game?

Negative feedback is fine when warranted. Trying to hold them to a higher standard than the men is where people draw the line.

Sonny Bonds

Cancelled
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Apologies if I came across touchy - was a genuine question as I wasn’t really sure there was more than the obvious 50

I thought the stoppage work was fine in tough conditions myself.

Negative feedback is part of sport - it is most welcome when constructive. The constant trolling of it, is not.
In no means saying you were touchy, just the general populous.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
1581734537624.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've addressed the Paul Groves thing in the Round 2 Discussion thread, all are welcome to participate:

West Coast week 1: 1 goal
West Coast week 2: 2 goals

By round 5/6 we should be winning the majority of AFLW matches.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Average winning score last weekend: 33
Average winning score this weekend: 41

Sorry to say West Coast are currently losing ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back