Game Day AFL WOMEN'S - ROUND 8 Collingwood v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Coll-vs-St-Kilda.png
Well after a very close loss to Brisbane last week we now meet St Kilda who have won two game.

Brisbane played extremely well, attacked from the outset, using its suffocating pressure and holding our two key playmakers in Davey and Molloy to a less dominant display.

With Jordyn Allen (ankle) and Lauren Butler (hamstring) both off for the entire second half, Collingwood rallied with the wind at their back in the final term, but fell just short.

It is great to see Ash Brazill back but not expecting much as may be short of match fitness. Rowe also returns after injuring her shoulder and although surprised O'Dea was dropped last week, glad to see her back.

Hopefully we don't try and take it easy as one of the two tops spots still remain an option for the finals. We are currently in 3rd spot but need to boost our percentage.

2021-03-20_084502.jpg
2021-03-20_084541.jpg

Well after a very close loss to Brisbane last week we now meet St Kilda who have won two game.

Brisbane played extremely well, attacked from the outset, using its suffocating pressure and holding our two key playmakers in Davey and Molloy to a less dominant display.

With Jordyn Allen (ankle) and Lauren Butler (hamstring) both off for the entire second half, Collingwood rallied with the wind at their back in the final term, but fell just short.

It is great to see Ash Brazill back but not expecting much as may be short of match fitness. Rowe also returns after injuring her shoulder and although surprised O'Dea was dropped last week, glad to see her back.

Hopefully we don't try and take it easy as one of the two tops spots still remain an option for the finals. We are currently in 3rd spot but need to boost our percentage.

View attachment 1081280
View attachment 1081281

Thanks M5.

I can’t get to this game, but after the debacle of last night, we need the girls to do their bit for our (wobbly) club.

I think playing Brazill is a risk, but probably one we have to take.

Thanks M5.

I can’t get to this game, but after the debacle of last night, we need the girls to do their bit for our (wobbly) club.

I think playing Brazill is a risk, but probably one we have to take.
Yeah agree on Ash but sadly with our two backs gone for the year, it is a risk I would take. Fingers crossed as not only need the win but a boost to our percentage.

Last edited:

Really excited for today’s game. I’ve got so much enjoyment out of watching the team run around this year.
Yep, I am going today, hoping not only for a win but big win.
Beautiful day in Melbourne.

Yep, I am going today, hoping not only for a win but big win.
Beautiful day in Melbourne.

Big chance to to get a win and not just that but a big win today. Would be great to see four solid quarters today.

After being held last week. Im tipping an angry big Bri Davey. Look out.
Lets go pies, important game to win this one

Dominated that quarter too, but we failed to impact the scoreboard. Slightly concerning going forward how easy the saints have transitioned out the back the contest, but our backs have held up there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schleicher havin a blinder. Good to see Braz and Rowe working into it. Would like a few more goals on the board.

Wasn’t able to get to this, but watching the third quarter now. Ruby S is so good.
Really liked her effort in this piece of play. Was completely out on her feet and lumbering. Pushed through it to compete two saints; great tackle and saved a certain goal.

This team is more skilful and team oriented than the men’s team.
Oh so true. Examples:

someone at the drop of the ball
a stay at home forward
good spread
tackles that stuck
players with common sense and ability to read the play either forward of the ball or backing up.

Sigh.

Wasn’t able to get to this, but watching the third quarter now. Ruby S is so good.
Loved her game, have to think of her as my next avatar.

Sharni is coming into some great form.
I loved her game, she loves the game. She makes me laugh and was quite good today again.

Her speech and singing the song is too funny.

Quite a good crowd again today, so many kids which is great to see,

Oh so true. Examples:

someone at the drop of the ball
a stay at home forward
good spread
tackles that stuck
players with common sense and ability to read the play either forward of the ball or backing up.

Sigh.

Loved her game, have to think of her as my next avatar.

I loved her game, she loves the game. She makes me laugh and was quite good today again.

Her speech and singing the song is too funny.

Quite a good crowd again today, so many kids which is great to see,
Love your passion Maggie5

Newman finally settling in this team with 3 goals.
Nearly backfired, but Molloy unselfishly allowed the footy to bounce and shepherded it over goal line to allow Newman to get her first. The safer option would have been an easy mark in the goal square, but this group seems to be built around putting the team and others first. There were also several times, some which didn't come off, where we went shorter instead of taking a shot on goal from 30-40m out.

Relieved Newman has found form, exactly when we need it. Pleased that Brazill got the chance to blow out some cobwebs, and put something back into our injury-depleted defence.

But I’m still concerned at our backline losses, after those girls - a tight knit group - were humming for weeks on end before the Brisbane game.

If we’re going anywhere in the finals, we need our defence to regain that chemistry. Beating St Kilda comprehensively is great, but it was not finals level football.

We’re not there yet of course. And we have a ripper coach. So I’m still reasonably confident...

Love your passion Maggie5
Love my footy, love the Pies, have been going to the footy for decades. :)

Missed it last year.

Oh and I forgot one more thing they did that rarely see in the men's game. Molloy shepherd, was great to see.

I was just looking at the ladder and not sure that we can finish top two.

Think it is unfair that the three other teams in the top four played GCS and gained a big % and we haven't played them and won't.
Freo 55 V CS 6
Bris 65 V GCS 2
Adel 85 v GCS 15

Next week we need to beat Adelaide and hope that Melb beat Brisbane (fingers crossed) or that North beat Freo (unlikely).

Or that Melb beat Freo today (unlikely)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back