AFLW General AFLW Talk Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like we need a flag that also represents straight people. I might start going around celebrating my straightness /s
There is one. Knock yourself out, nobody is stopping you.
E5A2F702-E649-4402-BD96-15E48A5A6917.jpeg

My bad, there are actually three.
Here is another. They start to feel a little ‘right wing’ shall we say, for ‘reasons’.
Basically it’s the rainbow flag with the colour taken out.
EAD577CC-9BBD-4F3C-B9C2-77CC198C6517.gif
52EBA866-9441-4476-AC87-9ABEAFEBEF05.gif

Last edited:
I'm not against the AFLW per se, but on briefly watching it again this season the one thing that still appears to have not improved at all is the disposal, particularly by foot, it was about A6 magoos standard from day 1 of the comp's beginnings and in my opinion it still is, and the question has to be asked is will spectators continue to attend now they have to pay for what is an obviously inferior product.

Not necessarily connected, but apparently there is a bit of a bun fight in the US atm over some changes the Biden administration is making to the organisation of boy/girl sport, which some are suggesting will have long term damage to female sport in that country.
A comparison given is a female athlete, who has held the national record for her event for a number of years but has had her time equalled or bettered by almost 300 male high school athletes during the time she has held it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally. Acceptance.

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 12.29.29 pm.png

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F81702c59-5824-4aad-895f-ea291f3fe1cc

#graypride :rainbow:

Flicked it over to 7 and a couple minutes later saw number 6 from the Doggies beat her opponent to the ball, a clean pick up, turn, run away from her opponent, and kick a nice goal from 30m out and put Doggies up by 8 pts. Cant recall such a clean piece of play at top speed like that before in an AFLW game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back