AFLW General AFLW Talk Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The girls wont care they are fit but I kinda feel a season in the hottest part of summer is a mistake, heat policies & poor attendance on blazing hot days would seem likely.

Magnificent news. No doubt all 4 clubs already have put their submissions in and the league knows its viable on all 4 counts.

Would hope that these new clubs get the chance to priority nominate 1-3 players competing this winter and next winter in their home state comps. That they can go to other clubs in the 2022 draft so they don't miss a year but come back to their new club in 2023 and the existing club gets a "compensation pick" of some sort.

Or we could pay the players to sit out of the 2022 draft? Not like that's happened before *cough*

One safe assumption: Jenny Williams will be involved, somehow. She’d try and play if she could.

We should set goals, we should set the standards, we should aim to be the first AFLW team to break the 100 point barrier in a game, the first ever AFLW Showdown to set the attendance record for a regular season game. We’re Port Adelaide, you want to see the AFLW be a better standard, we should set it.

And, you should want your daughter to play for them.

And, I’d like to see some of the younger Port AFLM players get some coaching experience, Connor Rozee or Xavier Duursma could be a future coach

One safe assumption: Jenny Williams will be involved, somehow. She’d try and play if she could.

We should set goals, we should set the standards, we should aim to be the first AFLW team to break the 100 point barrier in a game, the first ever AFLW Showdown to set the attendance record for a regular season game. We’re Port Adelaide, you want to see the AFLW be a better standard, we should set it.

And, you should want your daughter to play for them.
Do you think we'll be able to win that "first Showdown at AO a Port Adelaide home game" argument again?

Hoping we play Collingwood 1st game in this comp as well.

Their AFLW guernsey is even more like the PB's than the mens. Waiting for the lulz when the girls pull on the PB's to sing the first victory song as well .....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are people going on about funding? The AFL is a billion dollar competition, I’m pretty sure finance hasn’t been an issue for AFLW, it’s just a long bow argument from Internet nuffs

" "AFLW has significant momentum and we want to keep that momentum and bring the power and the supporter base behind all 18 clubs before the end of 2024," McLachlan said."

I wonder if this was supposed to be some kind of signal to PAFC.

Why are people going on about funding? The AFL is a billion dollar competition, I’m pretty sure finance hasn’t been an issue for AFLW, it’s just a long bow argument from Internet nuffs

Yeah the AFLs just swimming in dosh since COVID and AFLW is a cash cow for the clubs that have it. Come on let's be serious.

" "AFLW has significant momentum and we want to keep that momentum and bring the power and the supporter base behind all 18 clubs before the end of 2024," McLachlan said."

I wonder if this was supposed to be some kind of signal to PAFC.

I doubt it but the rest of his statement is fictional so maybe it is.

Great to see that we are making a submission. My 5 year old daughter asks me why Port "doesn't have a girls team". It would be good to tell her it's happening!

This is exactly the sort of comment the critics of AFLW need to read.

Great news. Also like that they're starting in December. Hopefully that eventually gets pushed back even further for a longer season and plenty of exposure for the game.

Lol, doubt it. Isn't she working at the Crows now? Jenny and Mark Williams are not loyal to Port Adelaide, they're loyal to themselves.

I imagine Erin Phillips will be desperate to play for Port, even if for only one season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back