AFLW General AFLW Talk Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What a balls up scheduling this on Round 1 weekend wtf goes on upstairs. I haven't even heard Crow supporters talk about it much compared to their enthusiasm in previous weeks.

What a balls up scheduling this on Round 1 weekend wtf goes on upstairs. I haven't even heard Crow supporters talk about it much compared to their enthusiasm in previous weeks.

Since the JLT started the scheduled of some of the women's games has been ordinary. To have the farcical arrangements at the Gabba and then have the women play their GF as a curtain raiser to a curtain raiser is ludicrous.

They should have got the reserves game rescheduled or moved.

It is, but more appealing than Adelaide.

I couldn't support any tingle's team against any opposition ( even the wobblers if they made the gf ), regardless of how many daughters of Maggie champions were playing for them.

I would probably even support Russia if they were playing against the tingles. ;)

I hope Adelaide win for Erin's sake, and for one of the other players in the team from my workplace. Hurry up & get a Port side so I don't have to wish a Crows team well anymore!
Nope

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Advertiser doing their bit to promote anything crers. Been doing it since day 1.

But in all honesty, any crers supporter would be focussed on tomorrow. Stupid afl allowed their W league GF to be a sideshow of week 1 AFL.

The women's game is scheduled to start around 12:30. If it is still going at 4 they will be in no state to celebrate.

Is the GF only being shown in FTA?

The other day I saw in the Courier Mail it was a 12.55pm start so I assumed that was Qld time ie 1.55pm EST as daylight saving doesn't finish for another week. But I just checked the AFL site and it says 12.55 EST.

Ok. So that's 1:25 our (SA) time then. I only looked at the C7 EPG which showed 12pm pre-game and 12:30 GF. Didn't look at the AFL site until you mentioned it.

No its 12.55 Melbourne time so 12.25 SA time. and 11.55 Qld time.

Aren't we half an hour ahead of EST and half an hour behind EDT? So if it's 12:55 EST then it is 1:25 in SA.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Qld doesn't do daylight saving an I use EST as Eastern Standard Time the time in Melbourne/Sydney today not when daylight savings finishes.

I am aware of Qld not having daylight saving.

The AFL have, as you stated, the game listed for 12:55 EST. I believe that is the local Qld time they are using given the following telecast time they have on their website.

http://www.afl.com.au/womens/matches/broadcastguide

You are right and the courier mail was right and I should have just left it at that. The afl use EDT and EST through their 8 week schedule.

http://www.afl.com.au/womens/matches

706041331ddef3f779b62e8297db10d3_confused-reaction-gifs-confused-animated-clipart_200-152.gif

I decided to backed Brisbane in round 1 after their great game against Melbourne.
I really liked the way played.

I didn't think they were a chance to reach the GF though.

Hard to pick a winner, Brisbane have just found a way in nearly all their close games.
Adelaide on the other hand either smash teams, or struggle in close games.

Carn, Brisbane.

Tayla puts a big hit on a crows player think Randall and the ump pays a free and then pats up high on his chest near the shoulder?. What free kick is that supposed to mean?. I think it was high hit ie the head but how is tapping your high up near the shoulder a free kick??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back