AFLW General AFLW Talk Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who would a ‘marquee signing’ be in AFLW terms though? The only one I can think of who’d have a remote chance of creating any interest is Sam Kerr. And who knows whether she has any interest in footy or is any good at it.

She wouldn't be allowed to risk injury you would hope.

Given her pedigree you would think she would be at home playing aussie rules.

Who would a ‘marquee signing’ be in AFLW terms though? The only one I can think of who’d have a remote chance of creating any interest is Sam Kerr. And who knows whether she has any interest in footy or is any good at it.

I have no idea on a specific person, but any female athlete at the tailend of their career would be who I'd be looking for.

Sam Kerr would be great but I doubt she'd even be remotely interested now. Perhaps down the track.

According to the Monopoly Mail on Sunday the Crowquettes title defence was 'wide open' . According to the table, to make the GF the Crowquettes not only had to win but they had to make up 25.5% in one game. I realise that the girls game is low scoring but to make up 25.5% playing away against a side in form that had beaten Brisbane away the week before was never going to happen. As it was the Crowquettes finished with the sixth best percentage in an eight team competition and over 34% behind the team they hoped to displace from the GF. On that basis I do not see how winning was enough but I guess it is more of the Murdoch Press' brave Crows shite.

According to the Monopoly Mail on Sunday the Crowquettes title defence was 'wide open' . According to the table, to make the GF the Crowquettes not only had to win but they had to make up 25.5% in one game. I realise that the girls game is low scoring but to make up 25.5% playing away against a side in form that had beaten Brisbane away the week before was never going to happen. As it was the Crowquettes finished with the sixth best percentage in an eight team competition and over 34% behind the team they hoped to displace from the GF. On that basis I do not see how winning was enough but I guess it is more of the Murdoch Press' brave Crows shite.
If they had won percentage wouldn’t have been an issue as they would have finished 2 points in front of Brisbane.

If the Bulldogs/Demons game had been a draw then I understood they needed around a 6 goal win to make the GF.

If they had won percentage wouldn’t have been an issue as they would have finished 2 points in front of Brisbane.

If the Bulldogs/Demons game had been a draw then I understood they needed around a 6 goal win to make the GF.

My mistake it is four points for a win. I was forgetting they use the Victorian table. With only seven games it is possible to finish 30% behind another side and still make the GF. I guess the next step will be to play 14 games and make it less of a hit and miss affair.

I've enjoyed the second season. Skill level, scoring and style of football is noticeably improved on the first season. And I think it will only improve further as the talent pool expands and more resources keep getting plunged into women's footy at all levels. We will regret not being part of this very soon.

Rowe blaming umpiring decision for crows girls loss. They didn't get a goal in the 2nd half, there is the loss.
To be fair, they got shafted on the HTB calls (or non-calls). Was one of the more perplexing umpiring displays I have seen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, they got shafted on the HTB calls (or non-calls). Was one of the more perplexing umpiring displays I have seen.
The umpiring in the AFLW has been deplorable... so many frees missed (perhaps deliberately?)
Crows have had it good all year with the umps - especially Erin, but yesterday they got shafted a bit.
Anyone else notice that the women seem to find it hard to handball cleanly.

Katie Brennan is obviously not a good bloke - one match suspension for this tackle means she misses the gf...

What is the issue with the tackle? I don't have grasp the rules yet.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed the second season. Skill level, scoring and style of football is noticeably improved on the first season. And I think it will only improve further as the talent pool expands and more resources keep getting plunged into women's footy at all levels. We will regret not being part of this very soon.

We'll be part of it soon enough. I don't think we'll ever see a Port (AFL) / Crows (AFLW) split of support so am comfortable with us focusing on China until the path to simultaneously managing successful campaigns simultaneously becomes a bit more apparent.

What is the issue with the tackle? I don't have grasp the rules yet.

Nothing!!
There would be another twenty during the game that would be ignored as the ball stayed closer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back