AFLW General AFLW Talk Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sucked in, Scray!

My dislike for that football club keeps getting stronger. Is there a more self-entitled bunch in the AFL than them? Always wanting to have their cake and eat it too. You'd think they'd just shut up and be a bit more grateful after having a Grand Final rigged for them to win.

The used the ‘Good Lass’ defence AS WELL, talking about how she does so much for the community that they will be hurt if she doesn’t play.

******* hell bulldogs, I used to like you.

Who is coming up with that defense? Seriously, all the work being put in to get away from 'ha ha, it's a bunch of girls trying to play footy' then these clowns pull the misogyny card without cause. :huh:

Argument ended up being about a similar incident getting a fine in the men’s version of the game. Admittedly that’s not entirely Chewbacca.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Argument ended up being about a similar incident getting a fine in the men’s version of the game. Admittedly that’s not entirely Chewbacca.
That one was always going to fail as it was based on a falsehood. In the mens comp there are three strikes for minor infringements, the difference here is that in the mens comp Brennan would have been suspended and not reprimanded for the first infringement. In other words, she was getting one advantage and wanted another.

That one was always going to fail as it was based on a falsehood. In the mens comp there are three strikes for minor infringements, the difference here is that in the mens comp Brennan would have been suspended and not reprimanded for the first infringement. In other words, she was getting one advantage and wanted another.

I thought it was the other way around RE fines and suspension but it doesn't matter. They're aiming for the human rights commission now.

It's a logical fallacy that the laws of the men's version of the game should be exactly the same as the laws for women's version of the game. I'm assuming all AFL-W players have signed agreements to be bound by the laws of the AFL-W competition. This isn't an equality issue, as far as AFL-W is concerned, men don't exist.

It's a logical fallacy that the laws of the men's version of the game should be exactly the same as the laws for women's version of the game. I'm assuming all AFL-W players have signed agreements to be bound by the laws of the AFL-W competition. This isn't an equality issue, as far as AFL-W is concerned, men don't exist.

This is what I thought, at the start of the season the players and clubs would have known the penalties for various indiscretions and the levels within the competition they are playing in, if there was an inequality issue make it known then and change it before the season starts. Nothing came up then, they signed on to these rules/penalties and knew at the start of the season, you shouldn't shift the judiciary mid-season because a repeat offender got suspended for a big game (though the cynic in me can understand the 'what about what happened to Cotchin' finger pointing).

Change it next season to be in line with the men's league if that's what the clubs/players want, but the competition rules were known at the beginning of the season and should be applied as such. This has gotten well out of hand.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-...human-rights-commission/9578830?section=sport

Western Bulldogs captain Katie Brennan has filed proceedings with the Australian Human Rights Commission over her suspension from Saturday's AFLW Grand Final.

In a statement, the club said Brennan's legal team would not play in the Grand Final this weekend, but would mount a challenge against the AFL rules.

Human Rights!!

Yeah, coz playing in a football Grand Final is a human right. :rolleyes:

* me dead. What a total clusterfarken.

I thought it was the other way around RE fines and suspension but it doesn't matter. They're aiming for the human rights commission now.

Not to mention that the rule about them getting a suspension instead of a fine was most likely put forward by the AFLW equivalent of the AFLPA due to it being unfair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back