AFLW General AFLW Talk Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If the AFL was serious about women's football the AFLW Grand Final would have to be played at the MCG in the Sporting Capital Of The World™.

Are they at least transporting some grass from the 'G to Adelaide Oval to make up for this travesty?

If the AFL was serious about women's football the AFLW Grand Final would have to be played at the MCG in the Sporting Capital Of The World™.
I know this is facetious, but it does make a mockery of the AFL. Either it's not essential to have Grand Finals at the MCG. Or it is if it's important and they don't think AFLW is important. Of course crickets from journalists about making the AFL tell us which it is.

I know this is facetious, but it does make a mockery of the AFL. Either it's not essential to have Grand Finals at the MCG. Or it is if it's important and they don't think AFLW is important. Of course crickets from journalists about making the AFL tell us which it is.

It was bad enough optics that the prelim here was infront of a empty stadium with a distinct echo in the audio, it'd be terrible for the game and the players to play in a 100k+ stadium for a GF and have it 90%+ empty.

Sounds like the Crows are going to appeal if the player who got knocked out cold in the prelim isn't allowed to play in the GF - big test for the 12 day concussion protocol. Maybe the AFL will fear another Katie Brennan scenario who threatened to go to the Human Rights Commission about her draconian two week suspension.

Sounds like the Crows are going to appeal if the player who got knocked out cold in the prelim isn't allowed to play in the GF - big test for the 12 day concussion protocol. Maybe the AFL will fear another Katie Brennan scenario who threatened to go to the Human Rights Commission about her draconian two week suspension.
Let them threaten. The HRC can't make a legally binding decision within a week. Actually I don't think the HRC can make a legally binding decision that has any consequences, given the federal government has ignored several rulings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was bad enough optics that the prelim here was infront of a empty stadium with a distinct echo in the audio, it'd be terrible for the game and the players to play in a 100k+ stadium for a GF and have it 90%+ empty.
Which is interesting considering the 2019 Prelim had 40k+ when entry was free. Remember when they claimed that attendance wouldn't change with the addition of ticket pricing?

Which is interesting considering the 2019 Prelim had 40k+ when entry was free. Remember when they claimed that attendance wouldn't change with the addition of ticket pricing?
Considering you don't know that the 2019 prelim had 13k, it's no surprise you can't figure out crowds being down this year have nothing to do with ticket prices.

Right well that song about grand final to the tune of You're The Best Around is the worst thing ever

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Right well that song about grand final to the tune of You're The Best Around is the worst thing ever

Neck and neck with the Bulldogs v Gold Coast game being bumped from its time slot to now clash with another AFL game that day, in the weird notion that this will somehow make people tune into the AFLW grand final.

Neck and neck with the Bulldogs v Gold Coast game being bumped from its time slot to now clash with another AFL game that day, in the weird notion that this will somehow make people tune into the AFLW grand final.

The women's Grand final should absolutely have it's own timeslot, the only dumb part is that the AFL has waited until the week of the game to realise this.

Also, I guarantee you weren't interested in Bulldogs vs Gold Coast anyway and are just feigning outrage because God forbid the AFL put resources into something you don't like.

The AFL should grow some genuine cajones and schedule the AFLW Grand Final as a standalone Friday night game next year. Why the * not. Even if the game isn't entertaining the whinging about it would be.

Yeah, I support the idea of a standalone game for the grand final but the last minute nature reeks of incompetence and short sighted thinking.

This I agree with but it's not surprising given the AFL's track record.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back