News AFL X 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

And it took to Feb 15 until the North Korea s**t started...
Don't be so dramatic daz - we all want the same thing here we just express it differently. I get annoyed when we lose, it shows I actually care. Just find it funny when any post that dare pass judgment on the team gets the usual horn dogs jumping shouting insults while jerking each other off. Dare these folks have to deal with any criticism in the real world. I thought Mitch Duncan was class - see I can post positive things as well.

Don't be so dramatic daz - we all want the same thing here we just express it differently. I get annoyed when we lose, it shows I actually care. Just find it funny when any post that dare pass judgment on the team gets the usual horn dogs jumping shouting insults while jerking each other off. Dare these folks have to deal with any criticism in the real world.

pretty sure the Communist board stuff was started in your post -

DRAMA

and was met with equal stupidity.

GO Catters

Don't be so dramatic daz - we all want the same thing here we just express it differently. I get annoyed when we lose, it shows I actually care. Just find it funny when any post that dare pass judgment on the team gets the usual horn dogs jumping shouting insults while jerking each other off. Dare these folks have to deal with any criticism in the real world. I thought Mitch Duncan was class - see I can post positive things as well.
Just utter garbage.

If you don’t want your views (positive or negative) questioned try shouting them into your pillow. A public forum isn’t the place for you.

Seeing I’ll never be a mod (terrible temperament) could you explain how the autobans works? You pique my curiosity ;)
Its called the TRUMP button. :D

GO Catters

I only watched sporadically but I thought Cunico looked pretty good. Has fallen off the radar here since the draft but had a pretty decent season last year and seems to have had an uninterrupted preseason. I guess the obvious problem is that he's not a natural small forward so it's hard to see an opening for him going into the season.

I've watched 4 minutes of the Geelong v Port game and Blits has put my f--king blood pressure through the roof already,have a look 3.55 in after the mark/free kick this is my knock on the bloke,he's got to be more aggressive in moving it on,to much indecision,he does it all levels,where are our f--king coaches they need to fix that.

I only watched sporadically but I thought Cunico looked pretty good. Has fallen off the radar here since the draft but had a pretty decent season last year and seems to have had an uninterrupted preseason. I guess the obvious problem is that he's not a natural small forward so it's hard to see an opening for him going into the season.

Great goal he kicked from 45 I thought.

needs a good year to push into the 22 but he's got a bit of Mackie to him - attacking winger that can slot them from 50.

Want him to get a clean run into the year and see his JLT as well.

GO Catters

My biggest issue is that he is probably best used for footskills off half back but we are well stocked there (tuohy stewart thurlow zuthrie etc) but he looks to have ability if he can train for the forward line he's a chance.

On the rest i thought the games were ok without being great. The two things they reinforced for me are Duncan is elite and Stewart is going to be a really really good afl player-doubt many people are upset that we drafted him at pick 40 now.

Love the way the commentators quickly adapted to the idea that kicking a goal from 40mtrs is the new holy grail.
It was weird watching it. It deceptively looked like everyone could roost them like Bernie Quinlan.

Just utter garbage.

If you don’t want your views (positive or negative) questioned try shouting them into your pillow. A public forum isn’t the place for you.
I think your post is utter garbage - your saying the same thing I was while missing the entire point. If you hold that view that an appropriate response to negative views of the teams performance is to call someone an idiot or stupid then I can't help you. What is the point of having this thread if the consensus is who gives a * about the teams performance it doesn't mean anything? My comment about choking in finals while tongue in cheek rings true - hate it or not.

I think your post is utter garbage - your saying the same thing I was while missing the entire point. If you hold that view that an appropriate response to negative views of the teams performance is to call someone an idiot or stupid then I can't help you. What is the point of having this thread if the consensus is who gives a **** about the teams performance it doesn't mean anything? My comment about choking in finals while tongue in cheek rings true - hate it or not.

Have you cared to notice there are plenty of posters saying negative things in this thread, myself included?
Yet no backlash for them... I wonder why that is..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was weird watching it. It deceptively looked like everyone could roost them like Bernie Quinlan.
That goal Hawk kicked from a set shot looked like an absolute monster.. was probably 55

Being at the game I noticed the running Cunico did off the ball, huge work rate. Though he was matched up against draftee Giro who gave him a bath (13 disposals, 2 goals).

We won 15 games for the season, came equal first for points, finished second, made a preliminary final; and you spent all 25 of those weeks from game 1 thru to the preliminary doing nothing but whinging and complaining, despite winning so much more than we lost.

You don’t celebrate any of our achievements, your an utter pessimist.

Learn to join in the good and celebrate our achievements as well, instead of throwing a tantrum each week.

Have you cared to notice there are plenty of posters saying negative things in this thread, myself included?
Yet no backlash for them... I wonder why that is..

Because posters such as yourself have a healthy balance of embracing the great stuff of the club and it’s achievements, as well as being critical of the bad.

A healthy balance of optimism and pessimism which is called reality.

Being there was interesting. Bliz, Duncan, Tom H and Stewart looked cherry ripe already. Blitz is insane in his effort, as was Mitch. Bews look ready too but not really using his pace last night. Fogarty was just great live - quick, tough and good skill/decisions. I watch Chris Scott on the bench a lot, and he put a lot of time into Fogarty when he was resting, and twice he really clapped and yelled support when Fogarty once laid a great tackle, and once backed into a marking contest and spoiled. He has the tools that poor Menz is losing. Menz look clever but slow. Myers looks likely (bit bigger and more solid than I had thought from the videos) but not ready like Fogarty looked. Kelly was really composed and has great game sense (where to run). He isn't super quick, a bit more one paced than burst I think, but accumulates and uses it well. He was the glue on a fair bit of play. Thurlow patchy but was really good when he was good. Not sold on Cunico or Black. Menengola just rolling along and was fine without being super.

We played a zone, which has risks, but the main comment on game strategy/how we went was how we were asleep at the start of the final. Granted, its a bit of a hit out and some fun, but you'd think that poor starts should be a mantra in our rooms after the last few years.
All round great to see footy back, and like the small players we have bought in. Can see Kelly and Fogarty playing this year.

I think your post is utter garbage - your saying the same thing I was while missing the entire point. If you hold that view that an appropriate response to negative views of the teams performance is to call someone an idiot or stupid then I can't help you. What is the point of having this thread if the consensus is who gives a **** about the teams performance it doesn't mean anything? My comment about choking in finals while tongue in cheek rings true - hate it or not.
I know your point. You want to be able to say anything you like and not be questioned for it or you’ll play the persecution card. You’re not the first and you won’t be the last to do it.

Insults are a separate issue.

I will never again watch a contest where the object is to score a ******* zooper.

I predict that next season's AFLX (God forbid) will include a rule where any player who kicks a 'Zooper' has to immediately claim an actual "Zooper Dooper" from an esky next to the goal posts and run off to the bench while consuming his frozen ice treat. And the commentators will all be chipping in about what the player's colour choice says about their footy career so far.

The whole format really is that crass.

We won 15 games for the season, came equal first for points, finished second, made a preliminary final; and you spent all 25 of those weeks from game 1 thru to the preliminary doing nothing but whinging and complaining, despite winning so much more than we lost.

You don’t celebrate any of our achievements, your an utter pessimist.

Learn to join in the good and celebrate our achievements as well, instead of throwing a tantrum each week.
Completely delusional and incorrect - of course I celebrated our wins. The fact still stands that we were not improving in key areas (tactically being the big one) required for us to take the flag which is what was so frustrating and why I direct a lot of negativity towards Scott. Stop telling lies.

Great goal he kicked from 45 I thought.

needs a good year to push into the 22 but he's got a bit of Mackie to him - attacking winger that can slot them from 50.

Want him to get a clean run into the year and see his JLT as well.

GO Catters

I have him as offering us some upside this season - incredibly stiff last year to be dropped after an impressive 17 touch debut , certainly deserved another crack.
He looks to be a great size and has that loping running style which can be deceptively quick whilst covering plenty of ground - agree with you Daz that he's an ideal winger.

Completely delusional and incorrect - of course I celebrated our wins. The fact still stands that we were not improving in key areas (tactically being the big one) required for us to take the flag which is what was so frustrating and why I direct a lot of negativity towards Scott. Stop telling lies.

We did a lot of things right for the year, a lot of things Scott and the coaching panel did very very well, and as a club we did well, a lot more good than negative, to get to a prelim and finish second you have to do a lot of things right.

Every week you sat in the Scott thread and after games, complaining like no other about our coach and club.

You did not post anything positive or join in our wins, you where too busy after all our wins atacking our coach and officials in the threads.

I look forward to seeing your new balanced approach of optimism and enjoyment in 18 towards our club as you are saying you have right now. I can’t imagine anyone would have an isue then when you do criticise.

We currently have a premiership window of opportunity, it won’t last forever, enjoy it with us on here while it lasts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back