Portfolio AFL x Adidas, by exile

Remove this Banner Ad

RICHMOND TIGERS

View attachment 1131044

the tigers have such bold colours, so i really wanted to get the numbers on the home guernsey back to yellow (along with the colour itself rather than the fluro one currently). i didn't want to lose the sash completely, so it resulted in a half-sash for the home guernsey, which i'm okay with in the end. a tiger skin pattern sash features for the away & alternate guernseys, which i found a bit easier to incorporate the numbers into.
Yes to the away and huge yes for the clash. Home one I'm not sure on that half sash. A panel could help with that?

SYDNEY SWANS

00_SYD_PRESENTATION.png

a bit of a change up for the swans, returning to the curved vee. this was another team i had quite a few versions for, their current setup is quite clean but wanted to try some different looks. opera house curves features on the alternate, they may charge for this one being a bit more prominent haha.

WEST COAST EAGLES

00_WC_PRESENTATION.png

a slight change for the eagles for the main design of the home & away, by extending the wings/feathers (similar extension like the indigenous guernsey from 2019) & removing the eagle logo. ochre returns for the alt in the same design, with a slight usage of gradients referencing the original design but in a simpler form.

WESTERN BULLDOGS

00_WB_PRESENTATION.png

and finally, in keeping with the general style of my portfolio, trying to maintain simplicity for the doggies by joining the stripes & maintaining solid colours throughout all 3 sets, with the stripes on the collar, shorts & socks being a punchy element in themselves.

really enjoyed putting this together. i know there were some designs that weren't drastically altered, but like i'm sure many of you i personally see lots of little design irks across the league that i wanted to see how i might tweak a bit. this has been my first afl based portfolio too, so it's been good to research and learn more about the history of the clubs in the league. anyway, hope y'all enjoyed!

fin.

Im a big fan of this, its all really nice.

interesting choice to have alot of the away/alternates match but i guess with how protective AFL flans get over their home jumpers you have to make some compromises.
(infact i got scolded on another board for posting a saints concept without the current logo on the jumper so you might want to fix that ahaha)

Gold coasts home/away, west coasts set and geelongs alternate are all stand outs.

i had simmilar inital thoughts for my recent portfolio with both ports alternate and the tigers stripped guernseys but ended up going in a different direction for both ahah

not sure how the monochrome teal for ports away would look in practice. but other than that stellar job.

Im a big fan of this, its all really nice.

interesting choice to have alot of the away/alternates match but i guess with how protective AFL flans get over their home jumpers you have to make some compromises.
(infact i got scolded on another board for posting a saints concept without the current logo on the jumper so you might want to fix that ahaha)

Gold coasts home/away, west coasts set and geelongs alternate are all stand outs.

i had simmilar inital thoughts for my recent portfolio with both ports alternate and the tigers stripped guernseys but ended up going in a different direction for both ahah

not sure how the monochrome teal for ports away would look in practice. but other than that stellar job.
thanks mate! yeah you'll always get advice from certain supporter groups haha. personally i hate the club logos on guernseys in the positions that hawks/saints/etc put them. either do it like soccer and relocate the afl logo or don't do it at all i reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back