Portfolio AFL X NBL

muggsy26

Senior List
Jan 14, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi All, following on from my NBL19 Portfolio I thought that I would have a go at designing Basketball Uniforms for each AFL team. Seeing as it is the NBL playoffs and the NBA is wrapping up soon, there seems to be a lot of hype around basketball at the moment and I have been doing a lot of basketball designs. I will try and post as often as I can, most of my designs are being finalised. It would also be really cool to see others design the AFL teams as Basketball Uniforms too.

Attachments

• 1200px-Australian_Football_League.svg.png
    1200px-Australian_Football_League.svg.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 251
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 12.14.04 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 12.14.04 pm.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 202

muggsy26

Senior List
Jan 14, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I'll post the first 3 clubs now.
Adelaide: I have tried to tie in Adelaide's traditional hoop design into the side panels of the Uniform. I really loved it when Denver used a similar design in the NBA and think it would look great on court for the Crows.
AFL ADL Crows Home.png

Brisbane: For Brisbane I have kept the yoke, which is non-traditional look for a basketball uniform. I really liked their Fitzroy Jumper in 2015 that seperated the yoke with the gold line and have kept that same look for the Side panels.
AFL BRI Lions Home.png

Carlton: Being such a traditional club, I have kept Carlton really simple and added a thin white side panel design down the side of the jersey and shorts. The wordmark and numbers have been kept simple and elegant and the overall look ties in well with the AFL jumpers
AFL CAR Blues Home.png

muggsy26

Senior List
Jan 14, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Up Next,
Collingwood: I have gone for a classic pinstripe look for the Pies, seeing as they have introduced a similar design into their Away/Clash jumpers this year. Pinstripes maintain a close connection to the AFL kit. I have also used Gold highlights on the jersey, seeing as the Pies new logo features a lot of gold.
AFL COL Magpies Home.png

Essendon: For the Bombers I have kept their sash design, similar to that of the Trailblazers in the NBA. I have incorporated the wordmark into the sash also.
AFL ESS Bombers Home.png

Fremantle: For the Dockers I have tried to incorporate their Chevron design into the Side panels of both the jersey and shorts.
AFL FRE Dockers Home.png

Javelin

All Australian
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm curious how the likes of GWS, Sydney and West Coast will look. Can't wait!

muggsy26

Senior List
Jan 14, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Gold Coast: Went with a checkerboard design, similar to that of the kentucky Wildcats. I figured that it could some what represent the surf lifesaving flags. Also used blue as an accent colour.
AFL GC Suns Home.png

Geelong: Inspired by the Washington Bullets,I feel like Geelong's hoops are an important design element to maintain the link between AFL and a basketball team.
AFL GEE Cats Home.png

GWS: Went for a bit of an out there design for the Giants. Have used watermark Gs throughout the design and only a single side panel. I feel like this is a modern design that suits the Giants overall brand.
AFL GWS Giants Home.png

muggsy26

Senior List
Jan 14, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Hawthorn: For the Hawks I tried to use a modern design similar to that from the previous Clash Jumper. I feel like the sidepanels are unique, but the design is clearly a Hawthorn Jumper
AFL HAW Hawks Home.png

Melbourne: The Dees have such a traditional design and I think that a yoke on a basketball jersey is unique and quite a cool design. The shorts carry on the yoke theme and the red waistband splits up the navy.
AFL MEL Demons Home.png

North: For the Roos I have decided to keep their stripes design, but use it as a side panel design. I think it creates a bold look for North and something traditional that could be maintained in the future as a basketball design.
AFL NM Kangaroos Home.png

Javelin

All Australian
Jun 6, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I feel like adding brown pinstripes to Hawthorn's singlet would be better than just plain yellow. But that's just me.

muggsy26

Senior List
Jan 14, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Port: For the power I used their old away jumper as inspiration to create the lightning bolt down the side of the Jersey. I found it difficult to incorporate more traditional designs (Prison Bars or Chrvrons), so I thought this gave the power a unique a bold look.
AFL POR Power Home.png

Richmond: Probably my weakest design out of the 18 clubs. I tried to keep the Tigers traditional and used their warm up tops from previous years as inspiration to create a very traditional design.
AFL RIC Tigers Home.png

Saints: For the Saints I have made a traditional design and incorporated a cross watermark to the front and back of the Jersey. I'm not sure if I have fully utilised the best colour scheme in the AFL though.
AFL STK Saints Home.png

muggsy26

Senior List
Jan 14, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Swans: For the Swans I thought it was important that they kept the Opera House as a key design, so I incorporated into a horizontal stripe across the chest of the Jersey.
AFL SYD Swans Home.png

Bulldogs: For the Bullies I went for a very traditional Bulldogs jersey design, and shorts that matched the top.
AFL WB Bulldogs Home.png

West Coast: The eagles were probably the toughest team to design for. I tried to incorporate an outline of the wings on the Jersey and then a side stripe to connect the top and the shorts. This design was somewhat inspired by the Dallas uniforms that utilise outlines to create a design.
AFL WC Eagles Home 2.png

Back