AFL X

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure it'll be a success... The AFL will bombard and force feed us via their 'friends' in media land(i.e 99% of footy journo's) with the usual drivel and bullshit on how it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Any 'footy expert' working in tv or radio and wanting to remain on the AFL's media gravy train will be full of positivity.

Seriously, people think like this?

If it's a success it will be because people like it.

Some of you need to smoke a joint and relax. Absolute shithouse attitudes.

If players who WANT to play get to play more, and for a prize then sweet. I love seeing my Pies play no matter what.

Seriously, so much negativity. At least save your rage for during sport, that’s what I do. Then I can chill the hell out the rest of the time!

I'm mad!!!

AFLX is being dubbed the answer to Twenty20 cricket.

AFL is the answer to Twenty20 cricket you *******s it goes for the same amount of bloody time.

I mean what an absolutely disgusting idea, if international rules wasn't bad enough now we have this s**t.

Play on a soccer size field.... Why the * would we want to do that
Played between two sides of seven.... Why the * would we want to do that
Ten-minute quarters.... too bloody short and no one pays big $$$ to watch round robins
No centre bounces.... Is it rugby or AFL I'm getting really confused.
One umpire.... well if it wasn't bad enough now you will have to put up with a bad umpire across the whole ground not just in sections.

AFL... take a good hard bloody look at yourself. The sport doesn't need to be an international success unless it is what they want. The sport is stronger than ever in the country where it originates and matters most, focus on keeping those supporters happy. Instead of sticking your nose where nobody wants it, solidify your product so it becomes the envy of other locations.

The NFL don't say we'll stick a team in Mexico so we can beat out Soccer, no they send teams to the places that want them the most. GWS, GC and Brisbane are all a joke and a blight on the competition. They don't belong in the AFL, especially when one team (GWS) can't even get 15,000 to a preliminary final but other teams (Richmond & Adelaide) can't find enough seats for all their fans.

If players who WANT to play get to play more, and for a prize then sweet. I love seeing my Pies play no matter what.

Seriously, so much negativity. At least save your rage for during sport, that’s what I do. Then I can chill the hell out the rest of the time!

I love watching my players no matter what... no matter what when they are playing AFL; international rules makes me sick and this is worse.

Even worse than the concept will be the media coverage who will be told to love the game and be over the top in your hype.

nah even worse is people who hate even the idea of it, and who wouldnt change that position, having not seen it in action or having any real idea how it works.

Oh man, you DONT need to see this, to know it will be a laughable load of garbage, come on!
In fact, Id go so far as to say its actually just disrespectful and is taking the piss out of the game.
All in aid of the knobs at AFL house that are absolutely desperate to try and make the game palatable to overseas people. For what reason I simply have never been able to gather, other than for GREED !! Pathetic.

Whats shithouse is the CONSTANT messing with the game. Try this , try that, gotta change that rule, etc etc...

The same people who will have a whine about congestion are criticising it before they even get to see it played, where it was designed most likely to be a game without congestion.

The same people who discuss what the AFL can do to expand the game overseas are the ones who are criticising it without it being played.

Give it a watch before you have a crack!

The same people who will have a whine about congestion are criticising it before they even get to see it played, where it was designed most likely to be a game without congestion.

The same people who discuss what the AFL can do to expand the game overseas are the ones who are criticising it without it being played.

Give it a watch before you have a crack!
Game without congestion?
Yeah. Its called kick to kick.
Not worthy of televised competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

biggest problem i see is the fact two kicks more than cover the field. may need netball rules and three zones, not point posts (behinds only by touched or rushed balls - or simply allow any ball passing the goal line to be a goal). Can then also play on from posters that remain in.

biggest problem i see is the fact two kicks more than cover the field. may need netball rules and three zones, not point posts (behinds only by touched or rushed balls - or simply allow any ball passing the goal line to be a goal). Can then also play on from posters that remain in.

For AFL professionals, a Gaelic size field might be the equivalent to a soccer field to weekend warriors

Even the most insane problems need to be solved, and sometimes they're solved with more insanity. Nobody has really liked the pre - season competition, i suppose the Harry Potter cup had some interest, but who could tell you who won what and name one memorable game played? The last ten years have been nothing more than a showcase for the game in regional areas, larger towns and having a quick peek at some of the new draftees. I don't know what this new AFL X is all about, it's one of Gil's mad follies and it's happening. by round one it will all be forgotten. Sometimes, the most far-fetched, cartoonish ideas are the ones that work best. Unless you are Wile E. Coyote.

I don’t understand this. Why is the AFL introducing this when they already have AFL9s if they want a ‘kick and giggle’ comp? What’s the difference between the two (apart from the number of players, obviously)?

lol... so many people against something which they haven't even seen yet.

Let it be tested, check it out, compare it against the current boring pre-season, then make a decision.

Could be a flop but I'm looking forward to seeing what it's all about

Yeah,nah.
I dont care what its like.
I dont like the game I love having the absolute piss taken out of it, but they very oxygen thieves that are supposed to be keeping vigil over it.
No thanks.

Absolute waste of time. Everyone will get excited just because there’s something to watch before the real season starts but if someone does their knee in a meaningless game then the knives will come out again. Most clubs will protect the big names from it anyway which will decrease the attraction for most.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's stupid they are going to hype it up and televize it, but it seem like it would be great fun to play

Remove this Banner Ad

Back