AFL-Xbruary 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much changes in 20/20 either. Shortened form, smaller fields, more fireworks. This is a proven format, to help support an AFL with falling crowds, and possibly help participation rates. AFL-X is the future.

The game changes in 20/20 higher run rates, scoring more boundaries etc. the ropes are pretty much brought in for all forms of the game these days.

AFL-X hasn't proved anything. Don't say it's proven.

The game changes in 20/20 higher run rates, scoring more boundaries etc. the ropes are pretty much brought in for all forms of the game these days.
Yes I mentioned those. Good fun for all. People want to see dingers.

AFL-X hasn't proved anything. Don't say it's proven.

Let's ask a 5 year old if he wants to sit in a plastic chair for 3 or 4 hours watching a game of AFL, or if he wants to go to a smaller ground where he is closer to the players and can watch a lot of action in a shorter area, with face painting and fireworks! I think you know what the answer is. AFL-X will capture the next generation.

[
maybe on the first day.

It's a waste of time. 20/20 works because it stands alone as a form of the game, the tactics are significantly different in that form.

AFLX is just a smaller field and less time. Not much changes in terms of the game being played.

Might suit Geelol due to a skinny soccer sized pitch, but I'd assume the tactics and gameplay will change considerably because of the smaller ground and shorter game length.

Obviously i'm only speculating here as I and nobody has seen it yet, so until then, I for one are keen to see how it goes.

Pretty sure it'll be the lesser players chosen in each team so I'd doubt Dusty would play.

Let's ask a 5 year old if he wants to sit in a plastic chair for 3 or 4 hours watching a game of AFL, or if he wants to go to a smaller ground where he is closer to the players and can watch a lot of action in a shorter area, with face painting and fireworks! I think you know what the answer is. AFL-X will capture the next generation.

It isn't proven though.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-17/aflx-revealed-who-your-club-plays-and-when

Pretty obviously a game devised to be played overseas by amateurs on soccer pitches.

Essentially an AFL marketing exercise and not something I can get excited about, its a bastardized version of the sport that shows the direction the Commission wants to take the code in. No doubt they're hoping it'll become popular so they can eventually merge both versions into a hybrid that is closer to AFL-X than what we have now, or whatever their bean counters tell them will make the most money by facilitating expansion into overseas markets - because * history & sentimentality, neither will funnel more millions into the pockets of these executive scumbags.

* AFL-X and * the AFL Commission, they can both rot for all I care.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-17/aflx-revealed-who-your-club-plays-and-when

Pretty obviously a game devised to be played overseas by amateurs on soccer pitches.

Essentially an AFL marketing exercise and not something I can get excited about, its a bastardized version of the sport that shows the direction the Commission wants to take the code in. No doubt they're hoping it'll become popular so they can eventually merge both versions into a hybrid that is closer to AFL-X than what we have now, or whatever their bean counters tell them will make the most money by facilitating expansion into overseas markets - because **** history & sentimentality, neither will funnel more millions into the pockets of these executive scumbags.

**** AFL-X and **** the AFL Commission, they can both rot for all I care.

It sounds like a good initiative for the kids, and they are the future, as is AFL-X.

Might be pointless in the whole scheme of things, but I'd be happy to watch a game that only went for about 25-30 mins including the half time break. 2 x 10 min halves and 2 minute half time break.

Nobody should knock it until they've at least seen a game or 2 of it and then you can rightly assess it.

Think Cricket. Test match=rather watch my s**t decompose. 1 day'r=Can watch about 20 minutes near the end if close. 20/20= full on high scoring edge of your seat s**t.
20/20 is an abomination but then Im old school, scrap all these mickey mouse pre season flogfests and play each other twice in the real AFL, for christs sake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back